đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm so tired

petty

Featured Posts

call this a meltdown or whatever you need to but i really am tired of being a goddamn fan of gaga. it's actually exhausting. 

to me, this is a sport. 

i want my team to win.

as a fan, i haven't felt victory since 2011.almost 6 years ago.

i'm just tired of defending her and her music. i tried to #MusicNotTheBling but i'm at my end

I personally love this album (yes i know that's all that matters)

but to be told left and right from people who aren't a fan that i'm being "delusional" or "biased" or "have stan goggles on" is exausting

then to come on this cult devil site and have to fight over it with "fans" like are you fxcking kidding me?

then i wonder if i AM being delusional because im only enjoying about half the album.... like, i should be enjoying the ENTIRE album after 3 years.

i'm going thru a fan crisis and i'm tired. i already know the answer to this is to shut my laptop and sign out but im in literal shock that the dance-pop-performance-artist i spent 8 fcking years supporting has slapped me across my face with this. AFTER putting me through a poorly promoted pop album and a fxking jazz excursion.

i want to quit but i feel like i'm already in too deep and all my years of supporting would have been a waste:giveup:

but i just canNOT relate to this new persona she is trying to sell

Stephen

The music is great, that's all that should matter. If you like the album, stay. If not, leave. Why do you care so much what other people think? 

1 minute ago, Steve Nasty said:

Why do you care so much what other people think? 

i actually don't even know :cryga: i got used to stanning THE princess of pop and now that she's become the pauper of pop i'm having a hard time handling it.

AndyDWUW

I'm almost the same except I'll stan her unconditionally. 

I'll admit after three years, LG5 being this country-influenced upset me.

Just gotta let her do what makes her happy :) hopefully LG6 will be full on pop.

donutellha

Honestly, you don't have to feel obligated for defending her.

If it doesn't help you, don't do it. It's like fighting a useless (and petty) war.

Spend some time off this cult site if the heat becomes overbearing. Do something good for yourself! :) 

Spoiler

you and i / eog is my favorite so i'm dying for this era but that's just me 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Just now, Andy21 said:

I'm almost the same except I'll stan her unconditionally. 

I'll admit after three years, LG5 being this country-influenced upset me.

Just gotta let her get it out of her system 

Yeah, I mean I pre-ordered the album and will buy the physical copy because, like i said, i enjoy a good bit of it. this post isn't to discredit her hard work or **** on the album but i just need to keep it real. 

i just hope that this isn't the beginning of a new artist that i have no interest in. the true test will be #LG6 2020

AlexanderLevi2

People act as though stanning a pop singer is life or death. Move on...

Fighting about it distracts from the fun of it.

Currently listening to Joanne

The little heroes are annoying as ****

Gaga is going to continue to decline unless she receives honest reviews. I don't think Gaga should ever listen to the comments or haters, but I'm sort of glad the reviews aren't going her way. I like Joanne, but you're delusional if you think it is on par with her other work

The acclaim from C2C really got to Gaga's head imo

Stephen
Just now, PETTY said:

i actually don't even know :cryga: i got used to stanning THE princess of pop and now that she's become the pauper of pop i'm having a hard time handling it.

Can't you just stan her as a musician? If Joanne literally only sold 10 copies I'd still be one of the 10 

I understand what you mean though, it's frustrating to read so much negativity. Honestly just unfollow people who talk ****.. stop visiting GGD if it makes you unhappy. I've considered it a few times myself. I do want to point out though that Gaga has had "victories" since 2011. Plenty, actually. 

Maybe it's just time to accept she's no longer the "pop" star, and just a star/musician/entertainer. I'm sure the Super Bowl will be amazing, the Joanne era will be incredible, and she's starring in a major movie next year. Gaga's future is bright and she's still one of the biggest artists in the world. Buy Joanne on Friday ;) 

Girl, this is an important note that I think has a lot in common with Gaga's distancing with her traditional fan base somewhat this album cycle. The "stan" relationship with her and her success is unsustainable and unhealthy for everyone. Gaga can't keep chasing trends because it isn't who she is anymore.

We'll never have another TFM, and you'll never have the ****-kicking victory of being a TFM/BTW stan again. As we get older, the things we appreciate change, and the metrics we use to gauge our relationship with a pop idol likewise need to change.

Gaga has relocated to a totally different city, has faced a romantic separation that radically shook the foundations of her sense of self, and is coming to terms with the traumas she most likely either minimized or weirdly romanticized with her music the past several years. You don't come out of those experiences unchanged, and it's impossible for her priorities not to have re-aligned as she rebuilds the collection of things that help her feel grounded and real and authentic.

It's not about being a loyal stan. It's not about charts or bragging rights or being fierce. It's about seeing the pain and growth she's faced head-on, and loving and appreciating her for the passion and magic she's built out of her struggle.

This happens to every pop legend who dominates the landscape. Do you think MJ and Prince and Madonna fans haven't had the same crisis in their lives?

Not to shade you for having those feelings—I totally get it. But we've got to see the real picture here and appreciate this album for what it is, which means way more than all the other garbage that's holding you back from enjoying it.

LibraLove

I feel victory every time she does something, whether it is release an album she wholeheartedly created, one of classic jazz covers with an iconic jazz legend, cover the most highly regarded publications just because, wins an Emmy for her first TV performance, performs one of the most amazing and breathtaking homages to The Sound of Music and honors the icon, Julie Andrews, or just walks outside and shows her shining smile on social media. She is a person. She is an artist. She is great in both and she wins every day she is breathing and creating. She's not a sports team, so don't treat her that way. That time was 2011-2013 and is dead and gone. As she grows, so should you. :hug:

Archived