Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Gaga DRAGS the NYT for their 'Joanne' review

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Nirvana

That review was a disgrace and horrible to read :madge: I understand Gaga felt the need to call them out!

But on the same time, I don't want the negativity to get to her. She should know that us fans love the album! :wub: So happy she's talking about BLM!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Vamp said:

Right, which is more of a reason for why Gaga should've just let this one be. His meaningless drivel shouldn't have affected her. I hope it didn't get to her too much. :giveup: 

It's The New York Times.

In what world are their publications meaningless drivel? 

Gaga has the right - and I would say responsibility - to expose bullshit critics who, for some reason, have influential platforms. 

All I care about is that Angel Down is about Trayvon and the #BlackLivesMatter movement.

Thank god.

3 points in and ready for more

Mr Ricky

She has the right to do this! It's her work and it should be respected. 

Some of you are pretty crazy thinking she is going to give herself a bad image. This time around YOU have to back up yourself, otherwise they will walk over you. 

Crossfit

Decodekid
20 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

Inês Brasil  cPPoW5Y.jpg

is she like gretchen 2.0?

Im Harol don't tell anyone

good for her.
she has the right to justify her work after being purposefully denounced by the writer of that article.

objectively, this is her best body of work and if this journalist can't see that.. so be it.

5 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

is she like gretchen 2.0?

No, Inês has more attitude. She'll take over Gretchen soon, just give her a month or two  FEjHG7V.jpg

this is not a music review at all.....
literally it's nothing but personal attack:saladga:
and she has all the right to fight back  and I'm glad that she decided not to put up with this sh*t:diane:

DeanWinchester

Gaga was right to call out NYT for this because their review was not professional and was criticizing her and not the music. Quite ironic, too that they would say it was inauthentic when this is literally her most personal and stripped-down era yet.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

2 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

So many fans made the connection from the lyrics that it's about the current violence and shootings, it's not that hard to understand.

The fan who is also very close to her, just yesterday posted this on Twitter 

And we were discussing about it here.

This is her way of confirming it's true, about the inspiration and same time dragging the "fishing for inspiration" headline. 

Using Trayvon Martin's name and BLM as a clap back for a negative review is distasteful and reflects poorly on her.

Stefani328
1 hour ago, Miel said:

All I care about is that Angel Down is about Trayvon and the #BlackLivesMatter movement.

Thank god.

I said a few weeks ago, a song couldn't make me cry but this did. It's such an emotional song. I cry every time I listen to it. 

anomdepllume

I think she's got every right to defend her work to this dude, that review was a hell of a hitjob, unfounded in any sort of critical analysis and more of a personal affront than an honest opinion of Joanne.

Chris Thomason

She was right to defend her album, especially after a review as unprofessional as that. She is confident in her album, put her heart and soul into it, for someone to bash it like that must hurt a lot. I honestly think this is one of her best if not THE best album she has released... sure it's not what everyone expected or is like what is played on the radio today but we NEED someone like her in the industry to explore music and push boundaries.

Helxig
4 hours ago, Parach said:

She's protecting her work. 

She has all the rights to do that. 

And that review is so poor that NY should be ashamed of hiring someone uneducated to write reviews about music. Because in that review everything is about her stunts, social media and so little about music. 

This.

But I also just wanted to say that your profile pic looks like you're tapping your boots down low while you beat around :usrs:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived