Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

The 'NY Times' should be ASHAMED

Petrichor

Featured Posts

Petrichor

As we all know, The New York Times just released a tepid review of Joanne. While I understand you cannot win over every publication with a release of a major musical release, their review is in fact biased and unwarranted. The critic who wrote the article has written countless articles for the newspaper that just downright patronize and insult her. He has called her fake, untalented, etc. - all pajorative and degrading comments. If you want to keep your integrity as a publication, you publish fair, unbiased reviews of an artistic body of work, which is the opposite of what they have done here. Shame on you, New York Times, for propagating the biased hatred for an artist that you're praising in your magazine this very Sunday. You should really look in to what unbiased journalism is.

Thought:

We should all email them with various accounts and start a petition for the Review to be done by someone else. While the later might won't happen, It could prevent that Journalist writing about Gaga ever again.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

1 minute ago, SharGaga said:

Do you blame them? The album makes me want to hurt myself.

Consider urself reported hun

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Keep listening to the album then.

Just now, Janet said:

Consider urself reported hun

Being reported is not a big deal, they just give u a warning that goes away in a a couple of weeks..

Just now, Fay said:

Being reported is not a big deal, they just give u a warning that goes away in a a couple of weeks..

it was just a gag, i dont have the inclination to actually report them or anyone x

PerfectGypsy

You can't expect or want a publication to be ashamed of themselves for writing a bad review of something you like. But did they really say at the end she should call the chain smokers, insinuating she needs their help? Then yes, they SHOULD be ahsamed. (And this is from someone who likes the chainsmokers songs)

Robo Ga
6 minutes ago, Noah said:

Thought:

We should all email them with various accounts and start a petition for the Review to be done by someone else. While the later might won't happen, It could prevent that Journalist writing about Gaga ever again.

Yes, and keep tweet the NYT accounts until we get their attention for major backlash

6 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Delete yourself obese

🤖⚡️

destinyofself

So ****ed off with all these harsh reviews, and them mentioning the ****ing Chainsmokers in AN ALBUM REVIEW is just ridiculous,

12 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

I thought your very existence is already doing that

Spoiler

I could be wrong tho

Spoiler

:reductive:

Squeeshy Keety

This is what the reviewer looks like:

cmjHD010008635.jpg

He looks exactly how I imagined he would... :madge:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Glittertinks

Honestly, I have given up about these Critiques because they are getting more and more unfriendly in my eyes. You know, it can be a bad review but there is a thing called "constructive criticism", which is a better way to tell someone the thing they did wasn't great. Because as an artist you can learn from that. But you don't learn from horrible reviews like this one. This is just someone who dislikes Gaga and can't separate anymore between being professional and their own emotions.

And unfortunately, as I said, these kind of reviews are showing up more often, not only about Gaga. I have a feeling critics think they are above artists and writers and what else gets reviews all the time and that apparently professionalism isn't needed from them anymore.

Nevertheless, heads up people! In the end, what counts is when the majority of us likes the album, I guess we have more from that than from a critic :classy:

20 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Not her fault you have trash taste. Bye Btch.

Archived