Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Figured out Sinner's Prayer!

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

Edonis

I thought Sinner's Prayer was told in the perspective of Papa Joe? And the second verse about the sister is Joanne herself. Hence why in the Fame booklet, Gaga mentions marrying someone that joanne would have liked. Maybe I interpreted it some other way? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk
24 minutes ago, Gaga Medicine said:

What about the chorus tho? She is saying that she doesn't want to break the heart of any other man BUT you (somebody). Isn't she wishing bad things for that particular man? When I hear this song I imagine she saying, "I know I am wrong for wishing bad things, I'm not a bad person, but I pray this man gets what he deserves, I can't help feeling this way" or something like that. I always think of the guy who raped her. I don't think she would wish bad things to happen with Taylor.

I am not native in english, I could be reading the sense of the chorus in a wrong way.

I see what you're saying :oprah:

I interpreted the "I don't want to break the heart of any other man but you" as "I love you so much that I only want to break your heart and not anyone else". The act of breaking someone's heart is deeply intimate -- it ties you with that person forever because they'll remember you for the rest of the life.

I don't even know if that makes sense :laughga:

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I thought Sinner's Prayer was told in the perspective of Papa Joe? And the second verse about the sister is Joanne herself. Hence why in the Fame booklet, Gaga mentions marrying someone that joanne would have liked. Maybe I interpreted it some other way? 

Interesting perspective -- but is it still Joe in the chorus saying "And I don't wanna break the heart of any other man, But you"?

Edonis
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Interesting perspective -- but is it still Joe in the chorus saying "And I don't wanna break the heart of any other man, But you"?

That's true. Maybe that's Joanne singing baby to him? Idk I'm probably reaching but I always thought it was kind of like a dialogue between the two to me? 

What about Natali? Only wanting to please a man, being in too deep, he gets whatever he wants?

display name
15 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I see what you're saying :oprah:

I interpreted the "I don't want to break the heart of any other man but you" as "I love you so much that I only want to break your heart and not anyone else". The act of breaking someone's heart is deeply intimate -- it ties you with that person forever because they'll remember you for the rest of the life.

I don't even know if that makes sense :laughga:

This! The ending of a relationship, including all the heartache, is still part of the relationship. Even if it's over, Gags doesn't long for a relationship with any other man. He's the only one for ha :giveup:

display name
Just now, neptugne said:

What about Natali? Only wanting to please a man, being in too deep, he gets whatever he wants?

I think Gaga's just highlighting that there are similarities between women's lives as they experience failing romances. Women try so hard for their men only to get **** on. Not all women of course, but it's a classic tale

Just now, Vamp said:

I think Gaga's just highlighting that there are similarities between women's lives as they experience failing romances. Women try so hard for their men only to get **** on. Not all women of course, but it's a classic tale

That's how I interpret it as well, but I felt like I must be taking it wrong because Gaga always talks about wanting to please her man, cook him dinner, etc.

display name
Just now, neptugne said:

That's how I interpret it as well, but I felt like I must be taking it wrong because Gaga always talks about wanting to please her man, cook him dinner, etc.

That's part of it though. She wants to do so much, but what's he doing for her? Throwing her off.

Free My Mind
On 19 October 2016 at 5:10 AM, Gaga Medicine said:

What about the chorus tho? She is saying that she doesn't want to break the heart of any other man BUT you (somebody). Isn't she wishing bad things for that particular man? When I hear this song I imagine she saying, "I know I am wrong for wishing bad things, I'm not a bad person, but I pray this man gets what he deserves, I can't help feeling this way" or something like that. I always think of the guy who raped her. I don't think she would wish bad things to happen with Taylor.

I am not native in english, I could be reading the sense of the chorus in a wrong way.

to me it's more like "I'm a ticking time bomb, I WILL break your heart, but please don't leave me - I don't wanna break the heart of any other man."

New thread title should be Sinner's Prayer: EXPOSED

Good job on the interpretation!

Till next time ...

:bye:

worship to the land a girl from the planet

Archived