Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Dancin' in Circles" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my favourite. However, being objective, the biggest potential for a commercial success. But, given the fact that Gaga missed to make some huge songs into singles (Monster, Scheisse, Gypsy...) on practically every album, some on Joanne are likely to be missed. Hopefully not this one. :laughga:

Free My Mind

i denied the single worthiness of this song until i heard it in hmv yesterday when i was buying my copy......

honestly, you'd be surprised what works in the setting of the GP

This is a great song, and I can def see it being a hit. It reminds me of a mix of Ace of Bass and No Doubt (not 1:1, just little things).

Its def the closest she's gotten to TFM era (but with a twist on the sound). But it's such a weird song in the context of the rest of the album. This and A-Yo completely deviate from the 70% of the records unified sound.

Way I see it you have:

A-Yo

Dancin in' In Circles

Perfect Illusion 

Come to Mama (although this has a 50s pop production and style and isn't modern like the other 3 tracks).

So 4 out of the 11 tracks completely break from the rest of the albums cohesive sound. I really only love Dancin' in Circles out of those 4. So it's kind of weird to me to see her break from the albums vision (or sound), and have 3 modern style tracks.

That said, good songs are good songs. If people love those tracks, it doesn't really matter. Apart of me just would like to know where she was coming from artistically by having an album stick to a specific genre/ sound and then break for 4 tracks. And it's not like these songs are like hybrids of the genre (John Wayne is an example of how she mixed the genres successfully while keeping to the albums overall sound).

This song is severely overrated in this fanbase. It's a decent song, but definitely not single-material for me.

Rubber Hunk
14 hours ago, kizurl said:

This song is severely overrated in this fanbase. It's a decent song, but definitely not single-material for me.

Thank you someone said it.

Oriane

The worst song on this album in my opinion. It's just so basic pop and latino, so different from the rest of the album, she could have done this in TFM, but here...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TheJoanneHat

What are the lyrics when she says

"Tape down those boots while i beat XXXX

let's funk downtown

Tape down those boots while I beat around

Funk me downtown"

I can't hear the "around" so i suppose it's another world ?

TheJackMonster
On 24/10/2016 at 11:55 PM, TheJoanneHat said:

What are the lyrics when she says

"Tape down those boots while i beat XXXX

let's funk downtown

Tape down those boots while I beat around

Funk me downtown"

I can't hear the "around" so i suppose it's another world ?

I hear

"tap down those boots while i beat a bow" (???)

and

"tap down those boots while i beat around" the second time.

Apparently it's supposed to be around both times. Even when she sings over it at 2:47 she says "around" twice so I have no idea.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived