Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Grigio Girls" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

AlexanderLevi2

It's really a great song. I was underwhelmed at first but it hooked me and now I'm replaying it. What a beautifully simple song :hug:

Currently listening to Joanne

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectGypsy
On 10/21/2016 at 8:23 PM, crookedangel said:

I just had to log in here to show some love for Grigio Girls. Definitely my #1 track from Joanne. 

Aw welcome back!

PerfectGypsy
On 10/21/2016 at 9:05 PM, anomdepllume said:

Is this only on the deluxe? I can't help but  feel like this would make an amazing single but I wonder if that would hinder them from using it?

I would love it as a single! Who knows what could happen.

MarryTheKnight
Just now, PerfectGypsy said:

I would love it as a single! Who knows what could happen.

Well SuperBass was a single off of Pink Friday and it is only on deluxe version of the album.

It's a really catchy and cute song. And about girl power which is awesome :wub:

Gagaloo911

This song is seriously so amazing. One of my faves from the album by far! I loved it 20 seconds in, the melody is beautiful and her voice sounds incredible. 

This should be the second single IMO. It sounds so current, it has relatable lyrics, it tells a story, it has an insanely catchy chorus that gets stuck in your head, it has a Spice Girls reference... and just think how awesome the club remixes would be. 

I honestly think this could be a hit. I know its chances of being a single are slim because it's a bonus track, but in my opinion it's one of the best on the album.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

SilkSpectre0
16 hours ago, Katie14 said:

Why does she say, "Sonja was Joanne's friend"?

She's calling herself Joanne I think to represent that sonja was stefs friend. I'm sure there's a lot of people who want to just be 'gaga's friend. Makes me sad how the whole relationship is in the past tense though :/ as sonja is still alive 

Oriane

I didn't really like it the first time, but it has grown on me since the second listening. Simple and full of nostalgia, and the live performance is powerful. But the thing that bothers me is that the verses sound like Obstacles by Syd Matters (those who played Life is Strange will know this).

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Elizabeth

I really really love this song. Like many I've seen post in this thread, I  was underwhelmed on first listen, but after listening again and again and really hearing the lyrics and the music, it's actually one of my faves. I think what I love about this song is that it's such a feel-good song and comes across as quite light-hearted and about having fun with your girls, when in reality it's written for a Sonja, who's suffering a great deal. Gaga could've easily written a really devastating ballad about seeing you friend suffer from cancer, but she didn't, she wrote something really nice and fun and happy. 

duke99unc01

Hands down this is one of my favorites on the album (and I've got lots of songs that I really love). I think the seriousness of the literal subject matter juxtaposed with the fun pop vibe and vibrant lyrics makes it an emotionally transporting listening experience. By the time I get to "sixth Spice Girl in this bitch"...honestly no words, only feels. It's just sooooo freaking great!

Chelseaaaaaa

I don't mind the song but I cannot believe she called it a bop.... :excuseu:

o<(0_0)>o

Before I start, Grigio Girls is in general a good song, but I just simply think this is the worst song on Joanne. The reason I say this is because I feel like the song goes nowhere. In never seems to reach a climax. And the melody of the song is just ok, specially when you consider that all the other songs on the album have great melodies. Also I understand that this song is meaningful to Gaga because this song is about her friend Sonja, but feel like her emotions are not fully transmitted. Ballads like Joanne and Million Reasons provide much more emotion, songs like Come To Mama and Hey Girl feel more uplifting, and the rest of the songs are much more creative and interesting than Grigio Girls. 

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived