Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Hey Girl" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

lavieenrose
7 minutes ago, Koreku said:

The choppy synths that come in towards the end of the song are very psychedelic-sounding and give me chills. 

I'm actually very surprised Kevin Parker did not co-produce this. :omg:

I'm literally obsessed with this song especially the synths at the end. Delirious. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awrah999

This song is so underrated. Gaga's vocals are so sweet and her harmonies are otherworldly, especially towards the end. It's a soul song--it's not designed like a pop song. These are just two vocalists making a simple melody together and riffing on it in their unique ways. I love that it sounds like a conversation--the vocal inflections in "hey girl" and "just know that I got you" sound just like you are saying them to someone. This was one of my least anticipated but ultimately one of the most impressive tracks.

THE BRIDGE SOUNDS LIKE GODDAMN HEAVEN.

This is one of the most unique styles of music she has ever tried and her voice sounds so much " soul" and Army Whitehouse in this and Florence's voice is also flawless along with Gaga's . JAM ! These two girls better have a live performance of HG asap or I will :grr:

Funny how more and more people are loving this now.  It has always been my fav. In a few weeks time I think it'll be a fan favourite. 

Luna Lovegood

This song makes me wanna stroll by the beach at night while looking at the stars..  :wub:

luna’s advocate

18 hours ago, Adakam said:

So what do Florence's fans think of this masterpiece?

I love Florence - saw her in Cleveland - she is a goddess. I like how theyre both sort of toned down, and not trying to scream over each other. Like, everyone knows they both can belt the **** out of a song, but it was just a nice, harmonious duet with KILLER PINK FLOYD synths - the song is psycheledic heaven! 

worship to the land a girl from the planet

This song is a dream. Two of my favourites on a track. It came out even more than i had expected. I'll be jamming to this for a very long time.

LilVenusian

Hey Girls slowly coming thru as a lowkey new fave 

The funky snyths :diane: The soothing background harps :diane:The iconic bridge and outro :diane:What kind of lesbanic anthem of a generation :giveup:

tumblr_inline_o48gzvpCMO1rytriz_500.gif 

3 hours ago, BradP said:

I love Florence - saw her in Cleveland - she is a goddess. I like how theyre both sort of toned down, and not trying to scream over each other. Like, everyone knows they both can belt the **** out of a song, but it was just a nice, harmonious duet with KILLER PINK FLOYD synths - the song is psycheledic heaven!

Ohhhhh im so happy im not the only one that hears it

Help me hold my hair back
Walk me home ‘cause I can’t find a cab

tumblr_lxpas3P0gf1qcvkpto3_250.gif

And we dance down the bowery
Held hands like we were 17 again

tumblr_lxpas3P0gf1qcvkpto3_250.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK ITS SO GOOD

I went from hating to loving this help 

ARTPOPdidntflop

The bridge is one of the highlights of the album.

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

So I've been going through phases where I basically keep going back to one song. At the moment Hey Girl is the one :giveup:

My favorite song off the album:giveup:

Anyone else get Mariah Carey vibes in the beginning 'hoo hoo's?

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

Florence is literally my favorite singer of all time. I still cant belive 2 of my idols made a song together. Even if the song was a bit underwhelming to me. Still love it.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived