💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Joanne" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

Voltaire

The hook, "Girl, where do you think you're going" etc, is the best singular moment on the album. I absolutely love it. 

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee

I can't get over how beautiful the guitar is, just...wow. It compliment her vocals, and it is such a PRETTY song. It's not as slow as I expected, and it just blew me out of the water. I feel healed listening to it :giveup: I cannot believe the direction this album is and how at her prime she sounds. I'm so proud of who she is becoming :giveup::cryga:

ryhanna
9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The hook, "Girl, where do you think you're going" etc, is the best singular moment on the album. I absolutely love it. 

Agreed! Such a great moment!

This song is probably my favourite on the album. It's so beautiful. I'm so proud of the mature direction she's taking with this album, and this song really defines that direction so perfectly. 

Some of her best lyrics ever, this has a lot of potential if she plays her cards right, many people can relate to it and will be hit deep

I find the lyrics very cheesy, I see what she tried to make with this song tho. Thus props for being relatable but towards the end it was tiring.

zexion_armando
16 minutes ago, mic said:

I find the lyrics very cheesy, I see what she tried to make with this song tho. Thus props for being relatable but towards the end it was tiring.

Exactly.

she needed a different set of lines for the chorus

Voltaire
5 minutes ago, zexion_armando said:

Exactly.

she needed a different set of lines for the chorus

? The chorus is the best part. It gives me chills. "Girl, where do you think you're going" in reference to her dying on that bed... its such a kind and sweet and real way to sing about death. Poignant and relatable. 

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Igor Hachul

I'm still recovering from what I heard! Her voice on the second chorus is pure emotion, I can't listen to it and do not cry

Igor Hachul

1 hour ago, RocketNumber8 said:

Best title track, and best on the album 

I sign that. Joanne is the best tittle track, not from Lady Gaga, but from ANY ****ING SINGER/BAND IN THE WORLD.

EDIT:

Seriously, I can't really accept any bad review to that song. You can criticize any other song, but that one. This is the purest song from this human being. The way she sings the "Girl, where do you think you're going?" is just so MEANINGFUL, so POWERFUL, you literally can feel her pain, her begging "Please, don't go, what are you doing, I need you, stay, stay with me, don't go!" the way she sings "GOEEEEENNNNG GOOEEENNGG" is just so... I have no words! You can feel her pain! It's like she's crying with anger and sadness, like she's really crying her heart out. I can't. This track is too much. It's another level. She deserves a ****ING grammy. I don't care. I don't care about Justin's, Adele's, Bruno's, Beyoncé's, THEY NEVER DID SOMETHING LIKE THIS TRACK, NEVER, EVER! All they do is songs about love and sex! UGH!

zexion_armando
15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

? The chorus is the best part. It gives me chills. "Girl, where do you think you're going" in reference to her dying on that bed... its such a kind and sweet and real way to sing about death. Poignant and relatable. 

It's good for the first half... then it just becomes annoying

Reality

The "Girl, where do you think you're going" part gets me every time I listen to it.

It's definitely so emotional and you can hear the pain and sadness in her voice. It's a great ballad, definitely one of my favorite ballads from her.

🃏🖤👹

Teas the world is not ready to hear on a Lady Gaga song:

Critics and music buffs are going to eat this right the f*ck up. Me, I just...

tumblr_inline_o8p1s4wOwB1swwce3_500.giftumblr_inline_o8p1s4wOwB1swwce3_500.giftumblr_inline_o8p1s4wOwB1swwce3_500.gif

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived