Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga needs to stop dragging Trump.

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

I hate him, you hate him, about everyone I know think he's a joke, but that's not the case rn. Gaga went folk-country-whatever-it's-not-electronic-pop, for what? Idk. But one thing she's making clear in interviews, is that she wants the country fans, and pop fans to bond over this record?

The Gag is, a lot of country fans are Trump supporters… mostly. So, why is Gaga dragging their fave so much? (okay I know why but still) If I were a Trump supporter, I'd be pressed, and not wanna check out Joanne, honestly, truly.

So in the end, she tried for two years to make a country-ish-whatever the **** album for the country stans, & now she's pissing them off on Twitter. So in the end, switching to this genre could have been avoided, and we could have gotten the funk album most of us were expecting… 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TropicOfCANCER

A. Joanne is NOT country and;

B. Gaga won't suppress her views to gain new fans.

close thread.

The Surrealist
14 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

a lot of country fans are Trump supporters… mostly. So, why is Gaga dragging their fave so much?

I don't think Gaga cares about having fans who support Trump.

StarstruckIllusion
2 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

A. Joanne is NOT country and;

B. Gaga won't suppress her views to gain new fans.

close thread.

She said she wanted country fans & US to bond over it. Im not reaching like you are to say she's supposed to become a conservative rn. I just think it's kinda not sensible to rant about trump like this, when she threw out The Fame Mons†er sound for this deplorable audience.

/CloseReply. 

Why should Gaga have to pander to Trump supporters? Gaga has always been political, she has always been outspoken. 

Don't need more safe 'artists' who avoid speaking their mind because they are afraid of a little controversy.

Infinity Wave

I think that a singer is primary a singer, not a politician. Singers should not openly expose they're politic view; they can and should fight for what they believe in (like gay marriage etc) but never clearly supporting one or one atoner candidate

That's how I see it

Anyway, I can understand why she is shading Trump so much, I would do the same if I were her and hated him so much!

And please ppl stop saying Joanne is not country... I love country and I love everything Gaga does and I love Joanne but Joanne IS clearly country influenced c'mon don't lie to yourselves

Colourful

7 minutes ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

The Gag is, a lot of country fans are Trump supporters… mostly. So, why is Gaga dragging their fave so much? (okay I know why but still) If I were a Trump supporter, I'd be pressed, and not wanna check out Joanne, honestly, truly.

Maybe that's the point, she wants to cut out all the Trump supporters from her fanbase 

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

littlepotter
5 minutes ago, gagu said:

At least she's doing it in a more tempered and funny way 

DIANE :sharon:

chaeri pls

Anastasia
6 minutes ago, gagu said:

At least she's doing it in a more tempered and funny way :laughga:

I died omg

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

blackcoffee

It's a pretty big assumption to say the majority of country music fans are Trump supporters...for example, the majority of teachers I work with, a lot of my friends (gay and straight), and myself (gay) enjoy and even love country music and they're all fiercely liberal and HATE Trump. Many of them and their friends go to Stagecoach festival (like the country's biggest country music festival here in California), so they're pretty diehard. Maybe it's because I live in the progressive bubble of LA and California.

If people let politics shape their musical interest then that's pretty sad. I don't think it plays as much as a role as you think. Beyoncé is very political and yet look how much she sells...that's not all from the left. 

ImNotBritney

I don't think Gaga cares about how much she's going to sell with this album. Indie albums usually sell between like 9k-25k, so maybe that's what she's aiming for.

Archived