💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Perfect Illusion removed from Top 40 adds

Americano

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I STILL think "Perfect Illusion" was a brilliant "first single-worthy" choice for the album and I honestly wouldn't change it. 

She tried her hardest to give it mega promo (and it worked, to some degree... awareness of her comeback was extremely high). She just wasn't willing to pander to the masses with the kind of bops that are hot on radio right now (which she knew). 

She's making a longer term play here, if you ask me. She knows her catalog will be revisited for generations to come. She'd rather leave a cohesive, musically-rich story with her musical releases than just force out a hit for hit's sake (which would sound like garbage in a few years and be inconsistent with her catalog). 

Not sure if that makes sense, but it does to me! 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ConnorFilm

Let's just think of PI as a promo single that was an appetizer. 

Seriously tho. If Lady Gaga decides to push Million Reasons as the next single and ACTUALLY does more than radio interviews to promote it, it could be a decent top 10 hit. As someone said earlier, ballads tend to do well in the fall/winter. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

mariomania1234

A lot of tracks on Joanne sound very single worthy, witch I honestly wasn't expecting for this album. Million Reasons could end up being a pretty big hit for her if she plays her cards right.

Reality

Well, she did say that this album won't be radio-friendly, so I'm not particularly disappointed necessarily with this news. I still believe that Perfect Illusion is one of her best songs, and yes, there wasn't a lot of promo for it in the beginning, there's no denying that, but she's definitely going to do a lot more promo in the next few weeks—so excited for Carpool Karaoke :D. 

She'll also have the SB, which is a fantastic opportunity to get people into the Joanne era. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

ConnorFilm
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

literally one of the biggest flops in the history of lead singles by a major artist

I hope you're being sarcastic. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Reality
8 minutes ago, ScotHML said:

Everything keeps going on about the SB. No one watches that apart from within the USA. 

It's still a major event, though. It's without a doubt going to help promote Joanne, and maybe even convert a few people into liking/enjoying her music. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

androiduser
Just now, ConnorFilm said:

I hope you're being sarcastic. 

not at all, no... PI was a major flop.... so early on in the career

Katsuki Bakugo

I think releasing a new song... something like Ayo or Dancin in Circles or Joanne would be better as a second single.... that way she can get fans to buy it and GP as well... send it to radio and give it a BIG radio deal. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
20 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I STILL think "Perfect Illusion" was a brilliant "first single-worthy" choice for the album and I honestly wouldn't change it. 

She tried her hardest to give it mega promo (and it worked, to some degree... awareness of her comeback was extremely high). She just wasn't willing to pander to the masses with the kind of bops that are hot on radio right now (which she knew). 

She's making a longer term play here, if you ask me. She knows her catalog will be revisited for generations to come. She'd rather leave a cohesive, musically-rich story with her musical releases than just force out a hit for hit's sake (which would sound like garbage in a few years and be inconsistent with her catalog). 

does to me. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

42 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

This is gonna be Gagas first album without a hit, it's gonna tank IMO (I hope it doesn't, just being realistic)

Okay but it did peak at #15 at one point so we can still pass that off as a hit  including the fact that we're hearing "everywhere" :nails: but then this will be her first album to not have a top ten (excluding Jazz 2 Jazz)

Americano
2 minutes ago, Mecha Raja said:

I think releasing a new song... something like Ayo or Dancin in Circles or Joanne would be better as a second single.... that way she can get fans to buy it and GP as well... send it to radio and give it a BIG radio deal. 

So basically PI? lol

androiduser
21 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

not really sure, because she has so many quality songs on the new album that are better than PI and would at least do equally good/bad as the lead...

And you're making it sounds like it's so black and white.... a simple bop or something like PI.... it could have been a successful quality song.

Archived