💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you interpret this MR lyric?

Quartz

Featured Posts

Quartz

"to cut through all this worn out leather"

I think it's a metaphor for the 'leather' surrounding her heart. Like, to protect ourselves, we wrap our hearts so that we wouldn't feel pain as sharply. The downside is, we cannot freely love and feel because of this armor. In the song, the leather is worn out because it's been battered over and over again. When she's pleading God to cut through it, she's risking being exposed and vulnerable but it also means her heart will be reborn just like a child's, innocent, trusting and open. It's like she's tired, the million reasons trying to prevent her from holding on to that something or someone she loves, but as her heart is now beaten black and blue, that one good reason helps her endure and even help her see things in a better perspective. 

This is my take on the lyric. I mean it's so visual and sets a nice timeless tone to the song. Such simplicity yet the results... is just genius in my opinion. It can also be interpreted in a myriad of ways that's why I'm curious as to what it means to you. What do you think it means?

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

FATCAT

I thought it was a metaphor for her relationship with Taylor, as the leather had aged and was much tougher to "cut" or break apart.

Purr more, hiss less.

Quartz
4 minutes ago, PatrickMonster said:

isn't it all his worn out leather?

I hear it as this tho :emma: if it's his, then idk what the hell she's talking about :laughga:

Quartz
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

I thought it was a metaphor for her relationship with Taylor, as the leather had aged and was much tougher to "cut" or break apart.

she's asking god to cut though their relationship? I don't know how to feel about that :emma:

zakariah

My perspective of the song is that Gaga is my one good reason to stay, & it's not Gaga giving me the million reasons to give up, it's life & other stuff. So the 'you're' i'm referring to is 'Life & its troubles' & the 'one good one to stay' is Gaga :) 

Quartz
1 minute ago, holyscheisse said:

She just loves leather/wearing ded animals. CALL PETA

It's oh so clear to me now :giveup: How did I not see it???

FATCAT
17 minutes ago, hellothing said:

she's asking god to cut though their relationship? I don't know how to feel about that :emma:

God? What?

Purr more, hiss less.

AdmistTheLight

I think it is about trying to cut through all the hard, ugly surfaces to find the one beauty that make him worth her love

Or she just really want sum fresh meat :v: #countessvibes

Liberaté mi amor

I think it's about her career in general. Somewhere in an interview before) (when she was still Gaga-Gaga, y'all know what I'm sayin) she said that she loves leather and that she practically lives in it. The past years have been really hard for her, and I think it has 'worn out' her 'leather'. She prays that God give her strength to 'cut' through it, thus freeing her from a cage that has been her identity, her leather-loving Gaga identity. I think it beautifully explains the 'new' sound she's going for right now, ya know, being a Joanne rather than a Gaga.

Quartz
9 minutes ago, jinko said:

I think it's about her career in general. Somewhere in an interview before) (when she was still Gaga-Gaga, y'all know what I'm sayin) she said that she loves leather and that she practically lives in it. The past years have been really hard for her, and I think it has 'worn out' her 'leather'. She prays that God give her strength to 'cut' through it, thus freeing her from a cage that has been her identity, her leather-loving Gaga identity. I think it beautifully explains the 'new' sound she's going for right now, ya know, being a Joanne rather than a Gaga.

Omg that makes sense! That's a really good interpretation :golfclap:

Quartz
15 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

God? What?

I mean it says, Lord show me the way to cut through all this worn out leather :emma:

FATCAT
Just now, hellothing said:

I mean it says, Lord show me the way to cut through all this worn out leather :emma:

"How can I release myself from these tough bonds, Oh Lord?"

Purr more, hiss less.

GagaTheExplorer

we are the most annoying fanbase in the world, and she has a million reason to leave us, but she just need to hear a YAAAAS QWEEN to stay:giveup:

Archived