Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How Will "Joanne" Fit In Her Previous Discography?

Not The Real Gaga

Featured Posts

Not The Real Gaga

After listening to the snippets of Joanne, I am really wondering again, how the hell will this go together with her previous work? I can't imagine those songs played in a "Classic Lady Gaga Tour" with crazy latex outfits, wigs and colorful flashing lights through the whole arena. These songs are so different, I can't see them fitting in good-old Gaga tour. And to be honest, I don't see her sellin' out whole concert halls with this type of music, since this fanbase seems to split up again after ARTPOP... So, smaller places means smaller shows, if you know what I am trying to say...

Oh, and note: I am not giving any opinion about the album (for the ones who want to know: I really love PI, MR and A-YO.)  I wait for the official release so I can listen the songs in full. This topic is just about me comparing her new records like  "A-Yo", "Come To Mama" and "Hey Girl" with her older, previous pop hits like "Bad Romance", "Applause" and "Poker Face", and asking you guys about your vision and feelings towards this subject.

Have a nice day, Monsters! :hug:

Bloody Matt

I don't think it really needs to "fit" (?) It's a new album with new music... It's a pop record anyway...

I don't think this tour is going to be "Crazy latex outfits, wigs and colorful flashing lights through the whole arena."

I see Gaga doing this with her previous hits:

Think Bowie after all his transformations and his totally different sounds, think of how different Ziggy was to The Thin White Duke.

Think Madonna after all her transformations and her totally different sounds, think of how different Like A Prayer is to Ray of Light.

If you want to go more contemporary then, I mean, look at Rihanna. She can sing Umbrella and Pon De Replay as well as Bitch Better Have My Money and Work.

MonsterPawPR

I didn't listen to the snippets, so I don't know what all the songs sound like, but I think Perfect Illusion (the instrumental) maybe could fit to Judas :diane:

listen to the sound effect on 0:30 this is so Judas vibe

Free My Mind ARTPOP

GhettoFabulous
2 minutes ago, MonsterPawPR said:

I didn't listen to the snippets, so I don't know what all the songs sound like, but I think Perfect Illusion (the instrumental) maybe could fit to Judas :diane:

listen to the sound effect on 0:30 this is so Judas vibe

Yass I've been thinking that I love the Dive bar version still shook.

I think Gaga will just perform her hits either traditionally (in encores, specifically), or she'll perform them acoustically for this tour.  I will be first in line to buy tickets if she plans to perform her hits acoustically during the upcoming tour.  That is personally MY "dream" Gaga concert.  Her acoustic versions of Poker Face and Paparazzi are actually what made me fall in love with her music in the first place. :) 

Also, the vibe of this album makes me think that "You & I" will be a regular in the setlists, and I am 110% HERE for that. "You & I" is my favorite Gaga song.

EDIT:  And I am predicting that ARTPOP will not be making any appearances for this tour.

Dutch

I think Speechless, Marry The Night, Electric Chapel, Heavy Metal Lover, Bad Kids, You and I, The Edge of Glory, Marry Jane Holland, MANiCURE, Swine (the iTunes Festival version), Aura, Sexxx Dreams and Gypsy will sounds great next to the Joanne songs. Maybe she will reproduce the 'The Fame' songs in a more fitting sound for the Joanne tour.

Not The Real Gaga
2 hours ago, Lance Vance said:

I hope she performs Speechless on the tour it would fit perfect :giveup:

Dreams:giveup:

giskardsb

she'll just change the arrangements a bit and use the live band to advantage like she always does during her shows.  Probably less samples and backing tracks and more rock oriented.  I think it will be very good.

• 1 year later...
FfFfFfFF
On 10/7/2016 at 5:54 PM, HairBow said:

EDIT:  And I am predicting that ARTPOP will not be making any appearances for this tour.

Applause did. :whitney::poot:

Archived