The Surrealist 27,470 Posted October 3, 2016 Share Posted October 3, 2016 1 hour ago, Born To Slay said: The statement is so ****ing poorly said, it's hard to tell what he meant at all. I agree. It's like he doesn't speak English. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BlaqJezus 1,027 Posted October 3, 2016 Share Posted October 3, 2016 20 minutes ago, Luiz said: full quote "We need that so badly. When you talk about the mental health problems and people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe what the people in this room have seen many times over, and you're strong and you can handle it, but lot of people can't handle it. And they see horror stories, they see, events you see in a movie and nobody would believe it. We need mental health help and medical and it's one of the things that I think is least addressed, and it's one of things that I hear the most about when I go around and talk to veterans, so we're gonna I believe it is one of the things least addressed and we're going to have a very robust level of performance when it comes to mental health. We are losing so many great people who could be taken care of if they got the proper care. When you hear about the 22 suicides a day, that should never be. So we're gonna be addressing that very strongly and the whole mental health issue will be a very important issue when I take over and the VA is going to be fixed in so many ways, but that's going to be one of the ways we're going to help. And that's in many respects the number one thing we're going to do because I believe think it's been really left behind." You post this, and this time it is taken slightly out of context, but absolutely no one here was would deny that this sounded exactly like something he would normally say not misquoted. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bear 7,515 Posted October 3, 2016 Share Posted October 3, 2016 Nothing he ever says makes any sense He sounds like those kids back in school when they had to deliver a presentation to the class, but they completely forgot about it until five minutes before so they had to make it up as they went along. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 Mocks John McCain. Mocks the Khan family. "Soldiers with PTSD not strong" Jesus. He needs a ****ing grip. And this is really fresh coming straight out of a 4 time draft dodger. ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,275 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 5 hours ago, Lion Heart said: Mocks John McCain. Mocks the Khan family. "Soldiers with PTSD not strong" Jesus. He needs a ****ing grip. And this is really fresh coming straight out of a 4 time draft dodger. A four-time draft dodger. Mocks McCain and P.O.W.'s. Constantly slanders our military and lies about its condition. Lies about giving to veteran foundations, gives a fraction of what he lied about when pressured by the media. Suggests carpet bombing and nuclear weapons as a solution to our conflict with ISIS. Insults a gold star family and likens his business ventures ("sacrifices") to Humayun Khan's death before his surrogate makes the outrageous claim that Obama and Hillary are responsible. Claims to know more about our enemies than those on the front lines. Says "I've always wanted a Purple Heart" after being given one by someone who made an actual sacrifice. Implies that soldiers with PTSD "can't handle it" and they're "not strong". I'm sure I missed something. I'm dumbfounded that most of the people that support him also claim to be patriots that "support our troops" or worse...they are our troops. This guy has no respect to give to our military and those that sign a blank check to our government, why the hell should he be in charge of it? Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 8 minutes ago, PartySick said: A four-time draft dodger. I'm sure I missed something. I'm dumbfounded that most of the people that support him also claim to be patriots that "support our troops" or worse...they are our troops. This guy has no respect to give to our military and those that sign a blank check to our government, why the hell should he be in charge of it? Don't forget that he knows "more than the Generals" because "he has a very good brain and has said a lot of things." ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 Obama had a similar question: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/politics/obama-veteran-suicide-presidential-town-hall-cnn/ The main difference is how they treat the stigma. Obama makes the point that seeking help is not a weakness. Trump, even if indirectly, implies it is. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,275 Posted October 4, 2016 Share Posted October 4, 2016 Just now, Lion Heart said: Don't forget that he knows "more than the Generals" because "he has a very good brain and has said a lot of things." That's what I meant by "Claims to know more about our enemies than those on the front lines." but I couldn't remember his exact words...not sure why, they're Kindergarten level nonsense He just...ugh Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.