💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Kylie Minogue sampled by Alesso

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I've been a Kylie Minogue fan since 2001 (at age 18) when "Can't Get You Out of My Head" first became a worldwide smash. And even though I live in the US, I was a fan before it was a hit in the US. 

Anyway, ever since those days I've always looked for the signs of Kylie achieving relevance in the United States. 

And one of the biggest moments came just less than 2 years ago when Swedish House Mafia protege (and mega successful EDM artist) Alesso released his 2nd single from his debut album built around a flop Kylie MInogue single "Get Out of My Way" from 2010. 

He sampled an amazing FLOP single from the sunset of Kylie's mainstream career nearly 5 years later!!! This was Kylie giving it her ALL in a final bid for pop relevance, and it seemed to fail. But Alesso turned it into an EDM classic! 

I was completely SHOCKED an act as high profile as Alesso would do this. But he did. Kylie delivered a bop, and Alesso latched onto it~ 

And he did it because it's such a good song. 

Awakened M

I'm not sure how to react. :saladga::toofunny:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

ReidOne

Don't be fooled... Kylie pulled this same ripoff stunt herself in 2000 with her mega ht "On a Night Like This"

Which she essentially stole from Pandora just a year or so earlier:

...even Anna Vissi beat Kylie to it with a cover version: 

VOLANTIS
30 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Don't be fooled... Kylie pulled this same ripoff stunt herself in 2000 with her mega ht "On a Night Like This"

Which she essentially stole from Pandora just a year or so earlier:

...even Anna Vissi beat Kylie to it with a cover version:

It's not a rip off though. The song was offered to Kylie. It wasn't stolen or ripped off.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived