Lady Gaga Confirms Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance

CyanLights

Featured Posts

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

Britney and Rhi fans are FUMING on ATRL omg:sharon:

It goes to show that number ones and lip syncing dont make you a performing legend :lana:

StrawberryBlond

I'm only surprised that basically everywhere confirmed this before the official NFL announcement. I mean, I bought a weekly magazine that comes out on a Tuesday that confirmed the news this week, meaning it was in print by maybe Sunday when it went to press. So, why did the announcement get held off? This is probably the first announced SB act that was confirmed before the official announcement, a really badly kept secret. But maybe that's a good thing? People thought the news was so great that they had to share it beforehand?

But anyway...

YAAASSS! But at the same time, it shouldn't have taken this long. Bruno Mars was allowed to headline despite only releasing 2 albums (and this was before Uptown Funk - the NFL really jumped the gun on that one!) I mean, how is that even possible? You don't even have an extensive collection of hits to choose from and his second album wasn't as impactful as his first, with only 2 hits. He'd only been around 4 years! That is ridiculous that even he was deemed better than someone who'd been going longer with more impact than him (and he got to perform as a feature at the one last year too!) So, any time anyone says that Gaga isn't fit to perform at the SB because she hasn't been around long enough, had enough albums or hits, give them that comeback! But on the bright side, she's at the same level that Beyonce was when she did her gig, as she had 4 albums at that point too (yes, I count TFM as an album, but if you don't - Gaga got invited with less albums! And she didn't have albums as part of a group beforehand either!) even though she will have 5 by the time she actually performs. It's great that this performance will be guaranteed to ignite interest in her again even if Joanne doesn't sell well and we'll know that come February, she can redeem herself and sales will go up and she'll maybe even have a new single out at the time that will then be guaranteed to get radio support.

But the sweetest part of her winning this is that she beat out fellow female singers who have been in the game longer than her, like Rihanna and Taylor Swift. I totally thought if anyone was going to get asked next, it would be one of them, as a lot of people have wanted them to do it recently and they've more than earned their place as 2 of America's top female entertainers. But no, Gaga's going to do it before either of them! And unlike Madonna, she didn't have to wait until she was in her fifties either! That's what a lot of Madonna fans didn't like about her doing the gig - they would have preferred to see her do it at her peak instead of doing it when she was old and 'past it' and trying to be cool and singing sub-par modern material and jamming with LMFAO. Madonna would've been awesome if she'd performed in say, 1990/1991, just after her first greatest hits collection, when she was the world's biggest superstar. I truly believe that if the NFL see a very talented young performer, they should keep them in the back of their minds and maybe let them perform when they've been around a decade and had a good amount of hits. Singers doing a big show like this at their peak...nothing can top that.

Told yall it was her..:neyde:They been in talks for the past month in a half. and someon leaked it so they denied.  Gaga is so happy , its her dream to do this:firega:

expect slayyage with a whiff of jazz.... tony,mark and someone else special..tba hopefully not too short ... :laughga:  JK .  maybe not....

spread love and peace with every intention. Cherish everything u have. Be Yourself

JustinTrudeau
2 hours ago, AgusPop said:

RL19gko.gifRL19gko.gif

I still can't believe it!!!!

Omg they were talking about fan names in the video "Yes, big monster"

I'm dead :toofunny:

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

fede ARTPOP
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm only surprised that basically everywhere confirmed this before the official NFL announcement. I mean, I bought a weekly magazine that comes out on a Tuesday that confirmed the news this week, meaning it was in print by maybe Sunday when it went to press. So, why did the announcement get held off? This is probably the first announced SB act that was confirmed before the official announcement, a really badly kept secret. But maybe that's a good thing? People thought the news was so great that they had to share it beforehand?

I think they were finalizing the details, Gaga posted an Instagram pic with "Is a done deal..." and she was like signing the contract... 

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

freebit

She's going to put on a great show. 

This feels weirdly anti-climatic because we've been talking about this on here for almost a whole month though. 

4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But anyway...

YAAASSS! But at the same time, it shouldn't have taken this long. Bruno Mars was allowed to headline despite only releasing 2 albums (and this was before Uptown Funk - the NFL really jumped the gun on that one!) I mean, how is that even possible? You don't even have an extensive collection of hits to choose from and his second album wasn't as impactful as his first, with only 2 hits. He'd only been around 4 years! That is ridiculous that even he was deemed better than someone who'd been going longer with more impact than him (and he got to perform as a feature at the one last year too!) So, any time anyone says that Gaga isn't fit to perform at the SB because she hasn't been around long enough, had enough albums or hits, give them that comeback! But on the bright side, she's at the same level that Beyonce was when she did her gig, as she had 4 albums at that point too (yes, I count TFM as an album, but if you don't - Gaga got invited with less albums! And she didn't have albums as part of a group beforehand either!) even though she will have 5 by the time she actually performs. It's great that this performance will be guaranteed to ignite interest in her again even if Joanne doesn't sell well and we'll know that come February, she can redeem herself and sales will go up and she'll maybe even have a new single out at the time that will then be guaranteed to get radio support.

But the sweetest part of her winning this is that she beat out fellow female singers who have been in the game longer than her, like Rihanna and Taylor Swift. I totally thought if anyone was going to get asked next, it would be one of them, as a lot of people have wanted them to do it recently and they've more than earned their place as 2 of America's top female entertainers. But no, Gaga's going to do it before either of them! And unlike Madonna, she didn't have to wait until she was in her fifties either! That's what a lot of Madonna fans didn't like about her doing the gig - they would have preferred to see her do it at her peak instead of doing it when she was old and 'past it' and trying to be cool and singing sub-par modern material and jamming with LMFAO. Madonna would've been awesome if she'd performed in say, 1990/1991, just after her first greatest hits collection, when she was the world's biggest superstar. I truly believe that if the NFL see a very talented young performer, they should keep them in the back of their minds and maybe let them perform when they've been around a decade and had a good amount of hits. Singers doing a big show like this at their peak...nothing can top that.

I think it's just more a timing thing. It's seems a bit arbitrary IMO and based more on variables like whoever's available and able to plan such an undertaking, and how far they're willing to negotiate etc. Tom Petty got the halftime show before Bruce Springsteen, when clearly Bruce is a more influential and bigger legend, the Black Eyed Peas got it before Beyonce etc. 

bornthisway135

Watch, The Fame will rechart after this performance lol

I predict she'll start her set with Poker Face. It'll start with the accapella: Ma Ma Ma MAH

MaryJaneHolland
On 9/30/2016 at 5:05 PM, Justinn said:

God bless you Bobby! 

this has nothing to do with bobby tho :toofunny: they called her, it's not like bobby made them have her on sb :toofunny:

bornthisway135
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

this has nothing to do with bobby tho :toofunny: they called her, it's not like bobby made them have her on sb :toofunny:

But he's her manager, that's what he does.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, bornthisway135 said:

But he's her manager, that's what he does.

NFL asked her to the half time show.... Nothing Bobby related.

Jigglygoth

WAIT I had a vision :giveup: my new dream set-list: 

* POKER FACE 

* APPLAUSE 

* ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE (KISS) 

* BORN THIS WAY 

* BAD ROMANCE 

* YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME (BON JOVI) 

* PERFECT ILLUSION 

Her guests need to be Rock bands, so that her Pop gems shine even more :diane:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

bornthisway135
6 hours ago, QueenMedusa said:

WAIT I had a vision :giveup: my new dream set-list: 

* POKER FACE 

* APPLAUSE 

* ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE (KISS) 

* BORN THIS WAY 

* BAD ROMANCE 

* YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME (BON JOVI) 

* PERFECT ILLUSION 

Her guests need to be Rock bands, so that her Pop gems shine even more :diane:

inb4 she features Tame Impala and Mark Ronson as her guests :sharon:

I think she'll do it like she did her Bowie tribute. She'll blend her entire catalog of hits into one mega performance.

Jigglygoth
9 hours ago, bornthisway135 said:

inb4 she features Tame Impala and Mark Ronson as her guests :sharon:

I actually want her to bring Tame Impala, Mark and BloodPop on stage! :diane: but only at the end, during "Perfect Illusion" tho :sis:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Archived