Are you ready to stan UnpopularGa?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robo Ga
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Why does it matter if she's popular or not? How is her success affecting you in any way, shape, or form? Of course I'll stan her, if anyone's going to unstan just because this era wouldn't be as successful as her previous ones, then they weren't true fans in the first place.

Popularity = her music has cultural impact, we would get to hear it more everywhere, in public places, clubs, etc. Plus success makes for better promo, bigger tours, videos, etc. Also, people genuinely want Gaga to be "at the top" because the GP typically responds to good music. I don't believe you're a "fake fan" if you want your fav artist to be successful. If Gaga never cared about success, she would probably still be singing in a bar somewhere in New York. It is a farce to say that her success doesn't affect us because it very much does.

🤖⚡️

Reality
2 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Popularity = her music has cultural impact, we would get to hear it more everywhere, in public places, clubs, etc. Plus success makes for better promo, bigger tours, videos, etc. Also, people genuinely want Gaga to be "at the top" because the GP typically responds to good music. I don't believe you're a "fake fan" if you want your fav artist to be successful. If Gaga never cared about success, she would probably still be singing in a bar somewhere in New York. It is a farce to say that her success doesn't affect us because it very much does.

I'm not saying that you're a "fake fan" if you want Gaga to be successful. We all want Gaga to be successful. However, there becomes a point where if you're so enveloped in commercial success, then you're not really being a fan of hers. 

She's already made a cultural impact. She's cemented in pop culture, she doesn't need to recreate it every time she releases an album. Also the GP responds to music that Gaga just isn't interested in. She's already said that Joanne will not be radio-friendly. She said that she just wanted to make music, that's it.

Her popularity does affect us, yes, but I'm talking about from a personal standpoint. Yes, success leads to great things, but it's not like you're getting any money from it. It's not like you're a part of her team or something. 

🃏🖤👹

JEWRJEWR
9 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Honestly, I 100% agree. The title of this post is misleading. Stanning despite unpopularity is not really the question here... it's whether we can continue to stan this woman as one of the great artists of our time, even if the current output leaves us feeling cold. 

I couldn't honestly give a f-ck about Gaga and charts, tbh. 

So I feel you :hug:

what does that mean? She'll serve the best album of her career...

Fear, she's the mother of violence

President Trump

YIKES.

IMAGINE SAYING YOU WONT LIKE THE ALBUM PAST FOUR LISTENS AND YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD IT YET dead.gif

Ive seen SO many little dumb dumbs saying they don't like perfect godlusion and think they can "speak for everyone" 

then you see they wanted DOPE as a lead single!!!! dead.gif

but if you know that you won't like the album "past four listens" without even hearing it, 

then tell me the next time you buy a lottery ticket,

cus I'm stealing yo numbers 

tumblr_od3o01tEWM1sknyuxo1_400.gif

Ma ma pa pa pa

iMonster

Honestly as much as I love DarkGa and electro-synth Gaga, I also LOVE Pre-Gaga. I feel like that's what we'll get with Joanne. I'm here for No Floods, Wonderful, LLD, etc and all her bar hits (:giveup:) before people paid attention. 

The only era I wasn't here for was the last. Jazz and Blues just isn't for me. But I still supported and saw videos but that was it. If people don't like this era that's fine. I just hope we won't have 1,000,345 threads about why Gaga isn't staying the same this era. 

Stop worrying because before we know it - synths will be back with the next era.

The Emancipation of Gaga :awkney:

ReidOne
4 minutes ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

YIKES.

IMAGINE SAYING YOU WONT LIKE THE ALBUM PAST FOUR LISTENS AND YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD IT YET dead.gif

Ive seen SO many little dumb dumbs saying they don't like perfect godlusion and think they can "speak for everyone" 

then you see they wanted DOPE as a lead single!!!! dead.gif

but if you know that you won't like the album "past four listens" without even hearing it, 

then tell me the next time you buy a lottery ticket,

cus I'm stealing yo numbers 

tumblr_od3o01tEWM1sknyuxo1_400.gif

DRAG ME SIS!!

New-York.gif

ReidOne

Now that we're 4 pages deep... let's talk about these interviews.

They literally make my stomach turn. And I never, ever imagined that I could say that about a Gaga interview. Her interviews are one of my favorite parts of her mystique.

But this era it just feels... flat to me. 

Like... let's be honest... is she doing coke again??? Abusing diet pills? Because it sure looks like it. And not in the fun creative way. 

1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

Like... let's be honest... is she doing coke again??? Abusing diet pills? Because it sure looks like it. And not in the fun creative way. 

I don't see anything in this interview or others that indicates that. If you can go into further detail why you believe so, please.

ReidOne
3 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Now that we're 4 pages deep... let's talk about these interviews.

They literally make my stomach turn. And I never, ever imagined that I could say that about a Gaga interview. Her interviews are one of my favorite parts of her mystique.

But this era it just feels... flat to me. 

Honestly, I really feel like I don't know her here. 

And not in the "oooh, she's so intriguing, I want to know her more" way...

...it's the "I'm not here for this" way. 

Sorry for the negativity. If it keeps going down this path, I'll stop posting on GGD because I don't want to become one of those members who ruins the fun for everyone else. This is a fan forum, and it should be filled with posts from users who are enjoying her output. But I'm just not sure how much longer I can be one of those if this keeps up. 

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Stan something that you don't like, that would be a fake fan.

I fall in love with gaga because of her music, visuals and abilities to perform. I can't feel anything now...PI is meh, i only, truly, enjoy it when i'm drunk; i watched the video two times, we didn't get ONE performance...sooo, i'd be a fake fan if i stan this era. 

I still have hopes for the album tho. If i like it, i'll stay loyal to her.

Preach it 

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

I don't see anything in this interview or others that indicates that. If you can go into further detail why you believe so, please.

Re-watch the video for this part...

"Because that's just not what we're into!! We're not just into... sliding in there... you know..."

ReidOne
10 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Watching this video and imagining the ring light as her eyeballs is honestly captivating, though. Like... it freaks me the f-ck out in ways she hasn't since 2010!

So I do love this part about it.

She's talking about meatballs and chicken wings while describing her new album while looking like a possessed cartoon demon. I love this, in many ways! 

Archived