Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

KyliesChild

To me, Gaga should refrain from using such terms as in this world where people are typically sensitive to what others say (not aimed at the person who created this thread at all by the way). 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
9 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

i agree with you. Gaga is seen as being an advocate for change in our generation, but these minor things, as easy as it is to brush off, are actually significant in reinforcing gender stereotypes, specifically about men being strong and women being inferior.

Yes, it's obviously not intentional, but even if something isn't meant with malice, doesn't mean it isn't harmful.

what a beautiful mind you have. thank you for your intelligence and pro-activeness. 

♥ Kindness Police.

Gracious Gaga
2 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

this is completely ridiculous

the whole "having some balls" thing equating to bravery is literally just an expression 

and "manly tears/cries" just means they weren't straight up bawling- they were trying to compose themselves not because they're men but because bawling in front of someone you don't really know is bound to make them uncomfortable which is why Mark also tried not staring

I know you realize she means no harm by it as she's one of the nicest people but being triggered by this enough to make a thread is not healthy- these are norms in society that are not going to leave just because you believe men and women are equal in every sense of the word

men tend to be stronger than women that's just a fact and that's okay- none of us are born equal

to exactly who is this being insensitive to and are actually harmed by it?

wowowowowow:toofunny:

♥ Kindness Police.

Chris Evans
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

wowowowowow:toofunny:

please explain this tells me nothing.

being "politically correct" is a good thing most of the time- this (what you're saying) is pushing it

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Chris Evans said:

please explain this tells me nothing.

do you really want me to explain? :awkney:

just re read the OP llololol i'm done repeating myself.

or just leave..

♥ Kindness Police.

Chris Evans
4 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

do you really want me to explain? :awkney:

just re read the OP llololol i'm done repeating myself.

or just leave..

I already re-read it 

saying "have some balls" is just an expression but you're also equating it to "man up" which she didn't say 

what I want to know is who does her use of equating "having some balls" to bravery and "manly tears" affects

because the only people I've ever seen affected by expressions that barely scratch the surface of political incorrectness are SJWs just like when they claim "cultural appropriation" to a culture that isn't even their own

President Trump
1 hour ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

Her words don't harm me and I'm not the one with a problem-the people being bothered by it are the ones with a problem. This politically correct culture has gone too far, with hacks like Lena Dunham at the helm. "Having balls" is a phrase used forever and can't possibly be construed as problematic unless you're looking to be offended by something. "Manly cries" I saw as her saying it to cover Mark because he might not want her to have said he was crying, so she said it as a favor. You are overthinking it, despite your acknowledgment of people saying that in your edit. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

3 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

did y'all read the OP

looks like ur the generation that will brush off sexism and considerate to be a "light hearted joke"

y'all need to understand that some people are not aware of their issues regarding political correction.  Lady Gaga clearly is not.

I disagree. I'm not brushing off sexism as a light-hearted joke because this is not an example of sexism.

But that's my opinion and you obviously have yours...so I'm at peace with that.Smile-GIF.gif?gs=a

witchcocktor

Back when being a feminist wasn't profitable and mandatory for celebs, Gaga did not identify as a feminist, so I wouldn't be surprised if she is just playing the part because it is expected of her, and sometimes, accidentally when she talks about something personal to her, breaks away from the act.

Though this is only a theory.

donutellha
4 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Why are the text posts here black?

And why is it surrounded by so much white space? :oprah:

Why is there a black and yellow theme but no white one?????? :oprah: 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Archived