Is "25" by Adele that good?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Is "25" by Adele that good?

• Yes! It's an excelent album.
    • Not her best album, but it's good.
    • It's so overrated.

Featured Posts

Torsoface

She just keeps getting better on every album. 25 is so good and I'm not even an Adele fan but I listen to it very often.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromatikev

Yes, it's an excellent album and honestly the best of all pop albums released in 2015 really :toofunny:

It also comforted me through my depressing November so :rockstar:

djBuffoon

It's not that good, no.

21 was a consistently spellbinding album, while 25 manages only several standout tracks.

3 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

I like every song on 21, but only about 3 songs on 25

I honestly fail to see that much of a difference between them, sonically the albums sound the same to me.  

I do see a difference theme wise, one is a break up record while one is a make up record 

Rolling In The Deep is the ultimate break up song while Hello is the ultimate make up song

Back to OP

Today I was talking with my friends about how Adele is killing the music industry and pushing beyond the boundaries in terms of commercial success and acclaim.

I think with Adele it's not a matter of any of her albums being musically extraordinary but it's a matter of her being vocally iconic. With Adele it's all about her voice to be honest, she has that universal tone in her voice that speaks to all types of people, people from different countries and to people of different ages. You can say that the way Adele has blew up is similar to how people like Whitney, Mariah, Celine found their success (due to them having iconic voices). 

Adele is no Gaga, Madonna or MJ and I think that's why people see her as overrated, in the sense that she may be bland but when you consider why she is successful you will see that it all comes down to her voice, which is how it should be, talent should win tbh. Adele has proven to young musicians that you don't have to look sexy or act trendy or do anything. Just be authentic and success will find you.

Stefani328

It's a good album but 19 and 21 are better. I skip over a lot of songs on this album. The best is I Miss You. 

4 hours ago, CryBaby said:

Adele could take a **** and name it 28 and people would eat it up.

Im not say she's a bad artist, she's not at all she's amazing and has a great voice but she's also EXTREMELY overrated. All her music just sounds the same to me. And while the music itself isn't bad theres just no variety. 

Damn, you are so hot...:giveup:

ZephyrInTheSky

I like All I Ask, Hello, Million Years Ago, and a few others. I'm glad someone can be successful nowadays just off of their talent and still be classy. :lana:There was a huge lack of that kind of artist i think, thats why the public ate her up. But i also think shes still somewhat overrated. :reductive: I know of someone else that released an album this year and is on tour, now thats what i call overrated. :reductive:

There can be 99 bottoms in the area but all it takes is 1 top to believe in you.

Archived