Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LGBT: How much did Gaga "help" you growing up?

Melech

Featured Posts

I was 17 when she came out, so I was already out lol

But. She did help a lot in the confidence area. I have anxiety and depression, and 2011 was a dark period of my life; she really came through with BornThisWay, and it remains my favorite album because of how much it helped me regain myself when going through living hell. I pretty much grew up alongside her??? The Fame came out during my party days; The Fame Monster came out when things were getting kind of rough and I was a literal monster. BTW when I was at rock bottom, and ARTPOP when i needed a boost and to just let loose. C2C came out when my life was finally settled, and I'd reminisce about that lush life I was living. And this year has been really rough, I think Joanne is the next chapter for both of us. Refinding ourselves, because sometimes you just need a reminder and a slap in the face when you start to lose yourself.

❤ x ❤

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot, actually.

Born This Way came out during a very pivotal time in my life. Considering the neighborhood I grew up in, it was one of the first things to make me feel good about myself.

3 points in and ready for more

Sizzily

I realized I was gay around the time Just Dance came out so her music was really always there for me. I was never really bullied for being gay but I still felt weird. Songs like Lovegame :toofunny: and Bad Romance made me feel normal, I don't know how but they just did.

Before Gaga, I was one of "those" kids who only liked music from the 70's and 80's but you know how her music calls back to that stuff. I can't imagine what kind of person I would be without her.

Spoiler

tbh, I wasn't really into Born This Way but that seems like the song most people relate to. :toofunny: 

One Banned Boi

Archived