💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LGBT: How much did Gaga "help" you growing up?

Melech

Featured Posts

Gaga always been really supportive of LGBT rights and send out her message. How much did it affect you? Did it help you with accepting yourself? 

Personally she did a lot. I remember I never been really secure with my sexuality and still struggle sometimes these days considering my mother is really homophobic. Though, when I still lived home when I was a teen, Gagas positive message actually helped me accepting myself as who I am. That sounds a bit cringey, but I'm really thankful for that even if I never met her personally :emma: 

Sometimes I wonder what would be if Gaga never became famous. How my teen years were then considering none of the popstars back then were really vocal about gay issues. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

Born this way came out when I was ten. I realized I was gay, and two years ago I figured that if no one accepted me, Gaga will. Turns out everyone was okay with it, and Gaga is responsible for my self confidence about the subject.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

not LGBT but when BTW came out I was struggling with very strong suicidal thoughts and it really did help me. I wouldn't say it "saved me", cause that's a very strong thing to say, and I think that expression is being thrown around way too casually nowadays. But it did help me "grow" in a very profound way and eventually get better. I think I will never stop being thankful to Gaga for that.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

I'm not sure about 'growing up', really, since when I became a fan of hers I was 17. However I've gone through a lot of stuff in my life since I was 17, and her oeuvre has definitely been a comforting thing to turn to when things get too rough.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Glitterngrease

Somehow I've always been secure with being bisexual. I had a lot of gay friends so maybe that's why. But she helped me to accept myself in other ways. Gaga and I have had very similar issues in the past and she made me feel more capable of overcoming them.

None, Im older than that. There were many many other things before.....  Things were looking pretty good by The time of Gaga anyway. 

A lot. I remember being a Senior in high school and dressing up as Gaga for one of my last days of school. This was a big deal because I grew up in a very small country town, and there was virtually no open gay people. I got a lot of judgement and mean comments for it, but I remember it was a very liberating experience. By channeling Gaga I was able to borrow her confidence to kind of get back at all of my bullies. 

Gaga made me become excited about life again. Sometimes when I contemplate my life, the little things are what save me. I rationalize that I have to take care of myself so I could hear gaga's next album/single and see her next music video/tour. It's kinda superficial and stupid, but I'm serious.

Archived