💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LGBT: How much did Gaga "help" you growing up?

Melech

Featured Posts

Not at all, She is just younger than I am by two years. And I already accepted myself way before as well.

But I admire her activism in this regards cos it helped so many people and most are younger folks, too.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster Voices

She helped me so much it's not even possible to describe it. Some songs like Mary the night have literally saved my life!

Forever and Always!

VERY much. Right after I saw the BTWB, my self-confidence has been only growing. 

It's actually amazing how a concert (and an album) can change lives just like that.

I didn't know I was gay till 2013, and Gaga helped me realise things that helped me become confident enough to come out to almost everyone within a year of me finding out about myself. It also helped me accept myself as homosexual and see it as normal, while before 2012-ish I tried my best not to look to feminine just to fit in/for friends even though I still thought I was heterosexual. Gaga being bisexual herself was the first step in me realising that homosexuality in general is a very common thing. 

In my case she paved the way for things, not necessarily caused things, she acted as a catalyst/katalysator. I could've done without but it would've gone with a lot more struggles and a lot slower.

Letmelivemylife

She's been monumental in my life. I grew up in an incredibly dysfunctional family and she was there for me in ways nobody else was. She became my surrogate "mom" in a way because she did the things my bio mom was incapable of. She was there when nobody else was. She said I was perfect when everybody was trying to change me. She loved me unconditionally when nobody else did. I'll stand by her until the day I die because a she's always stood by me

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Gagaterium

As for the rest of my sistrens, she's helped me immeasurably throughout my teens to accept myself and my sexuality. She was the first artist that I discovered who actively supported the LGBTQ community (I know there have been others in the past, but she was my first :nails:) and by the time Born This Way came out, even the worse **** I got in school didn't put me down anymore. :lana:

Spoiler

#queenofthegays

tumblr_inline_oe2ns9ISlZ1r4qsel_500.gif

BUY APPLAUSE ON ITUNES

I'm straight, and she only became popular once I was a teenager already in 08. However, I do think that because I listened to her music and became a fan I was introduced to the gay community. Because of that I have an easy time getting along with gay people and don't give a crap about what anyones sexual orientation is. I don't come from a homophobic area really, but I also imagine I wouldn't be nearly as open minded and accepting of others if not for Gaga. So while maybe she didn't help me personally, but I feel she helped me be able to help and understand others in a way I wouldn't had I never become a fan of her.

yeah. i'm a fan for a really long time, ever since she released the fame actually (i was aroud 9-10 at the time), and born this way is probably the thing that made me a very open minded and acceptable person. as for accepting my sexuality her messages in BTW did helped a lot, but i only discovered about my same-sex attractions when i was about 14 (which is the time when ARTPOP was released).

Tommy Giovanni

She saved my life. I don't even know how to say it so it doesn't sound corny, but she really did. My parents and friends always made fun of me for liking her so much, they still do sometimes but it never really bothers me. 

I don't think i will ever stan for anyone else. I love her music, her performances, her dresses just how i like the other pop stars, but it was her as a figure, as a person/ personality that kept me going and supporting her. She appealed to me emotionally when i was younger, that's probably good marketing startegy/ career move or whatever but it worked. She can literally release any kinda music and i'd still stan. Not because i'm butt-licking her or being the "YES" fan, but because i genuinely don't care what it is that she's doing as long as she is the happiest person she is. I am here for her as a person and a supporter, the way she was to me when i was a teenager struggling with my sexuality. 

I come from a country with the largest Muslim-population, lives outside of the country alone in a student hostel since i was 11, meet my family about 2 - 3x a year. I was lonely, alone and didn't kinda have any physical parent figure (???). Started stanning for Gaga when i was 13 during Bad Romance time. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Giovanni said:

She saved my life. I don't even know how to say it so it doesn't sound corny, but she really did. My parents and friends always made fun of me for liking her so much, they still do sometimes but it never really bothers me. 

I don't think i will ever stan for anyone else. I love her music, her performances, her dresses just how i like the other pop stars, but it was her as a figure, as a person/ personality that kept me going and supporting her. She appealed to me emotionally when i was younger, that's probably good marketing startegy/ career move or whatever but it worked. She can literally release any kinda music and i'd still stan. Not because i'm butt-licking her or being the "YES" fan, but because i genuinely don't care what it is that she's doing as long as she is the happiest person she is. I am here for her as a person and a supporter, the way she was to me when i was a teenager struggling with my sexuality. 

I come from a country with the largest Muslim-population, lives outside of the country alone in a student hostel since i was 11, meet my family about 2 - 3x a year. I was lonely, alone and didn't kinda have any physical parent figure (???). Started stanning for Gaga when i was 13 during Bad Romance time. 

:hug:

JevyDuty
7 hours ago, VenusOddity said:

id be fvcking dead already. not a joke.

This!

Life was very hard for me when she came around. She guided me back to the road of the living for I was breathing but I was already dead.

Thank you Gaga! I will always be there for her like she was definitely there for me.

She's been like an older sister to me. Kinda like a role model too. :heart:

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

phantasmas

gaga didnt drag me out of the closet but she sure as hell made me pull out all the clothes i had and inspired me to dress the way i wanted :laughga:

shes a real confidence booster :nick:

Archived