💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Lady Gaga and Pain

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

PAIN:

mental or emotional suffering, sadness caused by some emotional or mental problem.

giphy.gif

Pain is a dominant and common theme in Gaga's music as it is in most artist's music. What differs Gaga's pain from other's is her aggression and ferocity (in contrast to being vulnerable and paralyzed). 

The meltdown in Marry The Night is probably the best example:

Destroying things, screaming and crying at the same time.

giphy.gif

But you can find pain in her lyrical work, too, always contrasted with being wild.

Marry The Night:

Then I'll go down to the bar
But I won't cry anymore
I'll hold my whiskey up high
Kiss the bartender twice
I'm a loser

I'm gonna marry the night.

Swine:

Hush up
Don't speak don't wanna hear another
(Not another word from you)
You're just a ani-
Mal
tryin' to act real special
(But deep down you are just a shrew)

giphy.gif

And now once again in Perfect Illusion:

I don't need eyes to see
I felt you touchin' me
High like amphetamine
Maybe you're just a dream
That's what it means to crush
Now that I'm wakin' up
I still feel the blow
But at least now I know

giphy.gif

"I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone because I love you that much."

- Lady Gaga

This pain & darkness and the following aggression is probably what attracts me the most to Gaga. It is the part of me that wants to break free, which Gaga does through her music.

"Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself. I want my fans to know it's okay."

- Lady Gaga

Thank you, Stefani, for bringing your light to my darkness and embracing it with me.

giphy.gif

chromaticainmyhead

Finally a great thread again! :golfclap:

Her vulnerable side is probably the biggest reason why I love her so much. As a fan I really feel she's the only one who can completely follow my feelings and my anxieties. 

Marry The Night is still my personal anthem when I am getting depressed. It is basically a substitution for my antidepressiva. And Swine makes me wanna destroy everything around me cause it awakens the ugly beast in me. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

KinneyUnderYou
3 minutes ago, tizian said:

Not surprising, @Sycamore always delivers with his threads. They are always interesting to read. Always. :classy:

Regarding the topic, I am glad she shared her pain, her inspirations, her art, etc. with us. I have no idea who I would be without her today. Thank you is the least I could say to say to her CtH4rajUIAAEUF_.png

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, tizian said:

Her vulnerable side is probably the biggest reason why I love her so much. As a fan I really feel she's the only one who can completely follow my feelings and my anxieties. 

Marry The Night is still my personal anthem when I am getting depressed. It is basically a substitution for my antidepressiva. And Swine makes me wanna destroy everything around me cause it awakens the ugly beast in me. 

Thank you. Exactly what I mean - she is our inner monster released Free.

The Surrealist
2 minutes ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

Not surprising, @Sycamore always delivers with his threads. They are always interesting to read. Always. :classy:

Regarding the topic, I am glad she shared her pain, her inspirations, her art, etc. with us. I have no idea who I would be without her today. Thank you is the least I could say to say to her CtH4rajUIAAEUF_.png

Thank you.

CtH4rajUIAAEUF_.png

Glitterngrease

This is part of what I love about her. I admire her ferocity and determination so much. You can tell she's an Aries :hor: 

GagaTheExplorer

that's why we love her so much, we feel the same way some how, that's why our conection with her is so deep, and sometimes annoying for other fanbases...

Lady Palutena

"As artists, we are eternally heartbroken." - Lady Gaga

I've noticed that a lot of her songs, no matter how happy on the surface, are full of sadness and pain. And I think that's okay. I will take that emotion over "screwing someone's cousin in a rover" or whatever the lyrics were...

I love that Gaga lets us into a place that not many other musicians or artists do, for me, that means something special. And I love how she was the first artist to really deliver the message that we should embrace the fact that we are all unique because baby, we were Born This Way. :unicorn:

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Glittertinks

Yes, that is the side that I love the most of her! Personally, Marry the Night helped me through a lot of hard times in the past years, as were Judas and Bloody Mary, later is were Swine and now Perfect Illusion.

Gaga has always expressed my sadness and anger in a very good and fitting way, which is probably the reason she is currently the only artist out there that can actually comfort me when I have a dark episode again.

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, tizian said:

Haha exactly. Whenever I go home to New York for the holidays, I always blast marry the night while my friends are getting ready to go out lol. Love that song

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

SarahYuko

I really do adore this woman. I love that she's not afraid to show the human side of her. Whereas so many celebrities like to keep a thick barrier between themselves and their audience (which is ofc completely fine), Gaga is so open to us about her own struggles and pain; and I think that's why we love her so intensely, and why we ourselves feel liberated by hearing her music. I'm glad that Gaga has always been going in a direction of her own, unafraid to be the freak among the glamorous. Even now when (by her standards) she's dressing relatively normally, I still feel that she's set apart from the rest in some outlandish sort of way, if that makes sense. And I mean it in a good way. I'm glad she shows us how human she is, and I hope she finds peace in spite of all the pain she has been through and has yet to go through, because she has helped a lot of us go through our own pain and helped many of us find some peace.

Archived