Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the name "Lady Gaga" still appropriate?

Stef

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
18 hours ago, Emigrante said:

First of all, Gaga is not only crazy costumes and music videos. Gaga is charisma and she always serves the best and the wildest personality that is possible. 

Exactly. Not only is gaga the girl who wore "quirky outfits but she's also the girl that fights for peace and equality. She's the girl with the most adorable laugh on planet earth. She's the girl with the adorable "rabbit teeth" that I pray she never gets fixed. She's the girl who will love her monsters until her last breath. She's still the girl who taught me to love myself. The point I'm trying to make is she's still gaga even though she's in different "packaging" now

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

A stage name doesn't mean that you're fake nor does it mean that the music you make is either "you" or "the character." I don't think Gaga separates her identities at all. I think if she tried to change her name, it would be too much of a risk. The public know her as Gaga, not Stefani. If she changed, people wouldn't know or care who Stefani is, except for the fans who have been with her the longest. They won't connect the face to the name and suchlike. It'll be like launching herself as a debut artist all over again. Changing your stage name that has seen you have many hits is a bad idea, it can erase all your achievements and put you back to square one. Natalia Kills has done it constantly but she's never been a well-known name, so it hasn't affected her. But a name change for someone so established and successful is career suicide. Yeah, I sometimes find her stage name a bit weird when she's been so personal these days, but love it or hate it, she's stuck with it now. Maybe when she's 50 she might go back to her real name, when she's no longer selling millions and doing world arena tours and sales/charts no longer matter. But for now, she can't change unless she wants to end everything that she worked hard for.

Her vocals are very theatrical in PI which I love! There are iconic moments in the song and video ie the mic swing and the keychange. I just don't understand what ppl are complaining about. She is doing great new pop music.

18 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

A stage name doesn't mean that you're fake nor does it mean that the music you make is either "you" or "the character." I don't think Gaga separates her identities at all. I think if she tried to change her name, it would be too much of a risk. The public know her as Gaga, not Stefani. If she changed, people wouldn't know or care who Stefani is, except for the fans who have been with her the longest. They won't connect the face to the name and suchlike. It'll be like launching herself as a debut artist all over again. Changing your stage name that has seen you have many hits is a bad idea, it can erase all your achievements and put you back to square one. Natalia Kills has done it constantly but she's never been a well-known name, so it hasn't affected her. But a name change for someone so established and successful is career suicide. Yeah, I sometimes find her stage name a bit weird when she's been so personal these days, but love it or hate it, she's stuck with it now. Maybe when she's 50 she might go back to her real name, when she's no longer selling millions and doing world arena tours and sales/charts no longer matter. But for now, she can't change unless she wants to end everything that she worked hard for.

Totally agree :) which is nice as we usually have contradicting opinions but you are spot on. And maybe if Natalia Kills had kept just one stage name she could have been massive possibly.

She is Lady Gaga, it's never been a character.

So yes. She will always be Gaga. I think if she changes it now, it'll only come across as having been a character she created, when in reality, it's simply an Italian-American girl from New York who was super talented and always destined to be famous.

❤ x ❤

20 hours ago, Stef said:

Perhaps "Gaga" will return in 2020 just in time for LG6? :green: 

2020 dont make me wait that long :rip: 

To me it's this simple. From both knowing Gaga's story. having and knowing people with stage names. The stage name is not a separate identity (typically) but an extension of the same person. Lady Gaga is not separate from Stefani but rather an extension of who she is. It's still fully her if not in someways more Stefani than she can always comfortably be. Sometimes we use stage names because of regrets or fear we hide in our real names but through developing your talents and career and growing WITH your stage name it becomes part of you. Lady Gaga is appropriate because Stefani and Gaga didn't grow exclusive of each other but as one. Maybe not the best explanation but I hope you get my point. 

StrawberryBlond
21 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

Totally agree :) which is nice as we usually have contradicting opinions but you are spot on. And maybe if Natalia Kills had kept just one stage name she could have been massive possibly.

I think Natalia was doomed to fail forever after that X Factor scandal regardless, but yeah, keeping one name would have been more likely to bring her success. That's the name she's credited with on that LMFAO song she was featured on, so that cemented that name (and that video has had nearly 200 million views). She's credited as Natalia Keely-Fisher on the Madonna credits and Teddy Sinclair on the Rihanna song, so people will think it's a different person every time. Sticking to one name is best. That means you'll have years of material attributed to that name that will increase your likelihood or being discovered and/or staying relevant.

If you don't see the Gaga in what she does nowadays I can't do anything for you. It's not just about the outfits and theatrics. There has always been something in her, a raw and crazy side that wants to come out in any form, art, outfits, performance, behaviour or simply music. Even when she does jazz, when she performs in acoustic or in a simple club, you can see this Gaga. It's not anyone who would perform and act the way she does.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Lord Temptation
15 hours ago, Oriane23 said:

If you don't see the Gaga in what she does nowadays I can't do anything for you. It's not just about the outfits and theatrics. There has always been something in her, a raw and crazy side that wants to come out in any form, art, outfits, performance, behaviour or simply music. Even when she does jazz, when she performs in acoustic or in a simple club, you can see this Gaga. It's not anyone who would perform and act the way she does.

I feel you. Gaga is not just an icon. She is a spirit that takes over.

Archived