other

"Gaga renegotiated her contract"

yxi

Featured Posts

Gaga Monster
Just now, ChristianDior said:

That's true. She can sell anything.

Honey, i'd take a break if I were you. You seem a little overwhelmed.. :hug:

I know, I think I am going to go on a long run. I have been looking forward to this for a few years and to see this whole era fall apart is just very sad to me. Gaga means so much to me and I love her album eras. Thanks:hug:

GGD Presidential Elections

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PSYCHOSHTICK
Just now, Gaga Monster said:

I know, I think I am going to go on a long run. I have been looking forward to this for a few years and to see this whole era fall apart is just very sad to me. Gaga means so much to me and I love her album eras. Thanks:hug:

Just keep this in mind: There's new music coming out, and that's all that matters. 

3 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

The thing that makes me mad about her doing no promo is that this is her job. She doesnt have to worry about waking up every day at 6AM to go to work. She can literally take 3 years off. Her not promoting is pure laziness, sorry it is the truth, these album cycles only happen once every few years and she is ruining everything she made and worked hard for. I would totally rather promote hard for a year then take a year off and not worry about work and money. 

None of this affects you though? She's not our daughter ffs.

1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Artists renegotiate when they are at the top of their game. If Gaga renegotiated, it would have done this after TFM or BTW, not after ARTPOP. 

Im not buying this, I don't believe it. 

Mindtrappa/Propagaga is pretty accurate and doesn't lie for attention, so I believe them. There's nothing hard to believe that they would renegotiate with her after the AP era. They bought her a horse last year and John Janick seems like he's been nothing but supportive.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
22 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

The thing that makes me mad about her doing no promo is that this is her job. She doesnt have to worry about waking up every day at 6AM to go to work. She can literally take 3 years off. Her not promoting is pure laziness, sorry it is the truth, these album cycles only happen once every few years and she is ruining everything she made and worked hard for. I would totally rather promote hard for a year then take a year off and not worry about work and money. 

lol are you in the music industry? She was used by her label, dropped by her first label, it's not laziness. She doesn't need to sell herself to sell her music. She believes in it, and her fans will too. The promo she's been doing after ARTPOP between the national anthem, tony Bennett album, till it happens to you, that's not taking 3 years off. That's still devoting to her art and love for music and making a difference. Talking to the Dali Llama - that's her promo. I can guarantee her first week sales for Joanne are more than ARTPOP strictly because of how she presented herself to the GP. You don't know how many people who know I love Gaga but never really followed her, have said "wow she can sing" "my 80 year old father just bought her album with tony," "my aunt was watching the Sinatra tribute and never realized how great her voice was." Or the drunk men watching the Super Bowl were blown away, how the NFL PLAYERS were blown away. This is all promo. This her evolution of her artistry. And she's doing it her way. So until you know what it's like, stop barking orders and judging like you know anything. 

KyliesChild
57 minutes ago, Torturo said:

isn't V magazine seasonal magazine?

Where did you hear that from? V Magazine has 6 issues yearly. The next issue comes in October. ;) 

Himeros26
35 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Nobody said she wasn't going to pomote. 

Read and reread and don't look at the words with such a narrow mind, and Gaga is NOT a lazy person.

Whispering
12 minutes ago, freebit said:

Mindtrappa/Propagaga is pretty accurate and doesn't lie for attention, so I believe them. There's nothing hard to believe that they would renegotiate with her after the AP era. They bought her a horse last year and John Janick seems like he's been nothing but supportive.

Yes, it is hard to believe. Artists normally renegotiate after a highly successful era. They have leverage then. I don't believe that Gaga had that kind of leverage after the ARTPOP era. I don't care what this supposed insider says. 

KyliesChild
34 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Just very disappointed with everything. But i really like the song, it is so good. Music video is a mess, so basic, no promo, no nothing except 15 repeated radio interviews. She had the potential to be the next Madonna, to be remembered in all generations like Madonna is. This whole era just doesn't feel right, I blame Bobby and Gaga, the two combined are the absolute best at ruining careers. I just miss all the promo, watching her live on GMA and Ellen, staying up late to watch her on those shows, and hearing her all over the radio and seeing her at the top of the charts.

The person never said she wasn't going to do promo, it's just that everything she does in terms of her career will be up to her. 

Whispering
41 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Did you conveniently forget two tours, being the lead in a TV series, another full album, a Grammy nominated song, two Grammy performances, two Oscar performances, tributes, Interviews, charity events, Super Bowl and writing and recording this current album? She has worked hard at multiple projects during the past three years. The last thing she is...is lazy. 

Her job is to produce music for her record label, not some spoiled, entitled fan. If you don't like the way she is living her life, go find some pop tart who will make you happy. She owes you nothing personally. 

52 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Agree to disagree, she's still one of their biggest artists that I highly doubt they'd want to lose someone high profile like her from their roster when she has a fanbase and has been proven to turn a profit.

giskardsb
2 hours ago, Gaga Monster said:

This is an example of taking what somebody says and then jumping to the extreme conclusion to make it all seem worse.  People need to quit doing this as it just makes drama for no reason.

giskardsb
3 hours ago, yASSsss said:

"I'm sure someone is going to find a way to twist all that to make it sound like she has nothing big planned or that she hates promo, but that's not what it means at all. It just means she's not going to wake up one day to find out there's an entire album campaign being planned behind her back as she's recovering from a shattered hip."

The OP not putting this in literally makes this a troll thread. 

2 hours ago, freebit said:

What did he say about the contract? I can't find the source link anywhere :giveup: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

PropaGaga
11 hours ago, Whispering said:

Yes, it is hard to believe. Artists normally renegotiate after a highly successful era. They have leverage then. I don't believe that Gaga had that kind of leverage after the ARTPOP era. I don't care what this supposed insider says. 

No they don't. Her contract was up after this album, which means it was up for renewal/option to renegotiate.

Archived