Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Has she recorded two different albums?

BornSimon

Featured Posts

arthurhmangum

She recorded songs with Redone, didn't think they pushed her enough as an artist, and went back to the drawing boards to make GODANNE. 

ZzbbIkN.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BornSimon
2 minutes ago, Vague said:

I mean probably in certain ways sure. But the same could be said for any of her other albums.

I agree, her early unreleased material sounds nothing like what we got on The Fame, and with ARTPOP she did take her time and went in a couple of different directions (although she once said it was her most 'irresponsible' album and that turned out to be true), but I don't think the same could be said for The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She didn't have enough time to scrap tons of material and start all over. But with The Fame, ARTPOP and now Joanne she's literally had years to evolve and change direction.

8 minutes ago, BornSimon said:

I agree, her early unreleased material sounds nothing like what we got on The Fame, and with ARTPOP she did take her time and went in a couple of different directions (although she once said it was her most 'irresponsible' album and that turned out to be true), but I don't think the same could be said for The Fame Monster and Born This Way. She didn't have enough time to scrap tons of material and start all over. But with The Fame, ARTPOP and now Joanne she's literally had years to evolve and change direction.

I just meant she could have waited on releasing The Fame Monster as its own LP rather than an EP attached to The Fame and it probably would have been different. You know what I mean? All of it could have been different.

But I mean I get you, I was in my original post just saying that all artists upon making an album with this extended period of time as you have stated, start out with ideas that evolve and progress over time to make what we receive as the final product. If she had released it 7 or 8 months ago it would probably be different since it wouldnt have had Mark Ronson at the helm, but ultimately I dont think it wouldve been like.....what people say that they want. Im really not sure it wouldve been as drastic a difference as you might be insinuating though. The production would obviously be a night and day difference but the intentions would probably be the same.

I think ARTPOP is the only one where the whole 2 album narrative actually applies. Because she does have a Part 2 and has openly admitted to there being an entirely different concept initially. The initial concept was also "irresponsible" or "immature" as she had stated but more in line with Princess Die's bitter proclamations of fallen fame. I feel like ARTPOP initially was going to be a lot more bitter and interesting imo. And eventually evolved into something she or the label assumed would be more like less bitter. Since people dont usually think of bitterness as a positive. but i wouldve liked it more.

Maybe not a different album as far as the concept of "albums" go, but she probably has dozens of songs digitally hidden away in a folder somewhere of all the songs she worked on between ARTPOP and JOANNE... and then she just kept the 11-14 best from that collection to release as the final product.

I don't know why she's like this, tbh. I used to do this too until one of my instructors told me to stop hiding the songs that I consider "bad" and that some people will like them anyway (because obviously some people won't like the songs I think are my best).

He also told me NEVER to put down a song of mine I didn't like because that could be a fan's favorite song. It's stuck with me ever since. :gaycat:

antpats2

She began working on the album with RedOne in January 2015. They worked on a bunch of songs. She didn't really work with anyone else besides Diane on TIHTY. A huge chunk of her year was also taken up by the CTC tour and AHS filming. Around the time AHS filming wrapped up, she began working with Mark (first session was late November 2015) and then Elton, Diane again, etc. I dont think she ever actually had time to work on an album during that time. 

Even just this year, RedOne confirmed that they only made 8 songs together. And obviously not every song created for an album makes the final cut. 

Remember around early March this year when Gaga was asked on a radio interview when to expect the album, and she said something like "well you've got to give me time to make it!" - clearly the album was still in its early stages. Gaga also recently said that she only began working on the album "6 months after the final artRAVE". Which would place the beginning of production in APRIL 2015. So she probably just went with RedOne to create a few rough demos that weren't for the album necessarily (meaning they made songs that were just 'ideas' that would be tweaked later on to the fit the concept of the album once Gaga decided on it) that were put aside until April because she just didn't have time until then due to the CTC tour 

31 minutes ago, Sylvanas said:

I feel like Bowie's death really shook her, and drove her into creating something bolder. The original album seemed like a step back, making pop songs with RedOne is her comfort zone. I think she realized that her time is limited and it would be a shame to not move forward in a more creative and daring fashion.

This is what i Believe in 

I'm gonna be honest, I wish she just did another Pop album with RedOne that has better vocals and a more mature style, cause tbh I'm done with Gaga taking risks and then risking her not giving her all. I hope that if Joanne were to be a new direction for her, that at least she does it justice. Gaga keeps making these claims that every next album will be "different" and not "better". I know I sound bitter and arrogant but I know she has immense talent, skill, vocals and lyrics, I just want time to be wasted on creating amazing music instead of different music. Perfect Illusion will be buried in Gaga's iconic discography along with a few other of her songs. I'll wait for Joanne to give my final verdict, here's hoping the album decimates me with slayage. 

Paper Gangsta
45 minutes ago, BornSimon said:

That too. For a while it felt like she was recording a disco album too (Giorgio Moroder, Nile Rodgers...), but that obviously won't be Joanne.

Or maybe Joanne contains all of this and we are just totally clueless.:sweat:

apprently she still didn't get to work with Nile and Giorgio

Darcklighter22

She did say in a radio interview she's worked on Joanne only after 6 months to a year after the Artrave ended. So end of 2015 (when did she start working with mark?) I think she worked on music before that but just didn't feel it and just after having worked with Mark got really inspired to follow that theme of tracks...or lack of theme as she says

Erich Johnson

i have nauseas by the fact that some people in this site seems have suffered brainwashed
they repeat these speeches as recorders and nor attempt the times gaga speech not consistent with the practice

They lose yours critical sense for so little, seem religious fanatics

:saladga:

please, leave the wonderland and drink a realism shot

(sorry for the english, not my native language)

Petrichor
1 hour ago, retrosexual123 said:

Not to mention the 8 songs she wrote with RedOne... one of which was Grammy worthy... 

all dissappeared, gone, never to be heard.

They will make their way to the surface, whether if it's by leaking or on some special ten year anniversary edition of Joanne.

thehanyo
58 minutes ago, SpookyKid said:

well, I'm sure RedOne considers this song Grammy worthy too :lana:

wait, i kinda like this

Archived