opinion

Has she recorded two different albums?

BornSimon

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle

She never said the album was going to be dark. She said she was going to be inspired by AHS and its art of darkness. There's a lot of ways to use the influence of darkness (including rawness and honesty). Plus, Gaga didn't stop working on the JOANNE real production by Mark Ronson until December 2015

Sylvanas

I feel like Bowie's death really shook her, and drove her into creating something bolder. The original album seemed like a step back, making pop songs with RedOne is her comfort zone. I think she realized that her time is limited and it would be a shame to not move forward in a more creative and daring fashion.

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

BornSimon
2 minutes ago, Vague said:

People always come up with this theory and the answer is every artist starts an album with certain intentions maybe and then it evolves over time and progresses into the final product. I truly do not believe there is a first scratched album thats "darker" and full of redones production lol its a fans wet dream, not a reality. when she referred to american horror story influencing her to bring out her demons, thats what she meant by dark. and thats what it sounds like shes bringing to the album. it was never about production, she was referring to lyrics. what she wanted to say about her personal life.

I used the word "albums" just to reference two different entities, two different musical journeys that seem to have nothing to do with each other and that were both eventually going to end up being LG5. As I mentioned in another post she was also supposed to work with Moroder and did in fact work with Nile Rodgers, and I don't expect that material to end up on Joanne (although obviously this is pure speculation as we have no idea).

I didn't even mention Redone in my original post because I don't really care about him, producers aren't what I care about, I know Gaga could work with David Guetta and it'd still sound like Gaga. But there has definitely been a pretty big shift in direction since American Horror Story finished and she started working on this album.

So she may have not recorded two different albums but she's probably recorded enough songs to fit into a The Joanne Monster EP. :tongue:

8 minutes ago, whipopotamus said:

obviously the one redOne track on Joanne will  be the grammy worthy one

Maybe it isn't. I asked RedOne on Snapchat if this song is the Grammy worthy one. He opened my message but he didn't answer it. I think the answer is no. (He answered my previous question about his song on Joanne)

Maybe she started with an idea that was evolving with the time in consecuence of her recent experiences until transforming into what we know as Joanne...

But I guess that's something we'll never find out!

5 minutes ago, BornSimon said:

I used the word "albums" just to reference two different entities, two different musical journeys that seem to have nothing to do with each other and that were both eventually going to end up being LG5. As I mentioned in another post she was also supposed to work with Moroder and did in fact work with Nile Rodgers, and I don't expect that material to end up on Joanne (although obviously this is pure speculation as we have no idea).

I didn't even mention Redone in my original post because I don't really care about him, producers aren't what I care about, I know Gaga could work with David Guetta and it'd still sound like Gaga. But there has definitely been a pretty big shift in direction since American Horror Story finished and she started working on this album.

So she may have not recorded two different albums but she's probably recorded enough songs to fit into a The Joanne Monster EP. :tongue:

I know you didn't mention redone personally but i threw him in there because there are quite a few fans that belive he was originally supposed to be the lead producer or something literally only because they took photos together in the studio a long time ago. the topic flowed in the same vein as there possibly being an entire other album that she scrapped for whatever direction shes taken with joanne. i mean it is true, she has probably recorded enough material for two albums. but was there an initial album that sounded entirely different during ahs hotel that has been scrapped for joanne? idk. I dont believe that. because i dont believe joanne isnt going to have lyrically dark moments. its just not dark in the obvious fame monster sense with crosses, 80s darkwave rooted pop production and black lipstick.

I think moroder and nile could have still made joanne considering perfect illusion really isnt that far outside of the boring disco influenced dated production off moroders latest record. to me perfect illusion sounds more like a disco infused edm song that happens to feature a guitar.

AndrewGr
20 minutes ago, retrosexual123 said:

Not to mention the 8 songs she wrote with RedOne... one of which was Grammy worthy... 

all dissappeared, gone, never to be heard.

Don't take everything a producer says into account. If he is skilled enough to predict that a song is Grammy worthy, why isn't he able to create one also? :reductive: (apart from his work with LG). Their songs were iconic mainly because of Gaga's involvement, not his. 

11 minutes ago, Sylvanas said:

I feel like Bowie's death really shook her, and drove her into creating something bolder. The original album seemed like a step back, making pop songs with RedOne is her comfort zone. I think she realized that her limited and it would be a shame to not move forward in a more creative and daring fashion.

I feel like that too.

If there isn't any song with the words chaos angel on it, or something alluding to that I think there might be a theme change, Or scrapped material. I don't think repeating those words on social media over and over was just a coincidence.

Ladle Ghoulash
17 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

"You can put it in your music but that’s not always what people want from me in my music. They want a sweet, delightful, ‘Just Dance’ kind of girl or they want ‘Bad Romance’ and that’s fine .I am happy to give people that, but maybe with my song ‘Dope’ or some of the things I did on ARTPOP, you saw a kind of dark side, wrapped up in colors,” she continued. “But maybe that was not always what people want to see. They want to see the perfection. Here [on AHS], it’s the imperfection that is the win. So it’s very liberating.”

This is what she meant by saying AHS influenced her.

Another One:

: "I’ve been writing a lot for the past year. The show has really affected my voice, I have to say. I’m using my listening from acting in my music more, which is crucial because it’s music. Who knew I could listen even more? It’s amazing to even talk about. There’s a tremendous freedom and a recklessness, but there’s also a sophistication in the show. There’s a lot of liberation, but it’s a very chic liberation."

Thank you for being so sane + rational. Sometimes I read threads on here and I'm like: "Are we even talking about the same person right now? (Gaga and things she's said). 

BornSimon
5 minutes ago, Vague said:

the topic flowed in the same vein as there possibly being an entire other album that she scrapped for whatever direction shes taken with joanne. i meant it is factual, she has probably record enough material for two albums. but was there an initial album that sounded entirely different during ahs hotel that has been scrapped for joanne? idk. I dont believe that.

I believe that if the album had come out after the Oscars/Grammys/Super Bowl this year it'd have been a very different album with a very different lead single and a complete different image. Maybe one that she wouldn't have been entirely happy with, but still a very different experience.

Just now, BornSimon said:

I believe that if the album had come out after the Oscars/Grammys/Super Bowl this it'd have been a very different album with a very different lead single and a complete different image. Maybe one that she wouldn't have been entirely happy with, but still a very different experience.

I mean probably in certain ways sure. But the same could be said for any of her other albums.

Archived