💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"PI is too loud and abrasive"

Quark

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Cerny said:

That's awesome, you seem a little shady though, where's your peace and harmony? We are going off topic by the way, so I'll stop here. 

I only shade the shady so...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, dancergaga said:

this is exactly how i feel about PI:( 

That is ok. Everyone has their own taste and opinion. But just out of curiosity, do like rock music?

TwerkinLurkin

I like PI I genuinely think why some people don't like it because it's not catchy and the people that listen to top 40 and pop music/radio only like songs that are catchy and get stuck in their heads I'm not saying that that is a bad thing I'm a fan of all types of music pop/hip hop/rock/metal/alternative etc etc so I understand why some people don't like it it's a song that doesn't get stuck in your head not that doesn't make it a bad song

1 minute ago, TwerkinLurkin said:

I like PI I genuinely think why some people don't like it because it's not catchy and the people that listen to top 40 and pop music/radio only like songs that are catchy and get stuck in their heads I'm not saying that that is a bad thing I'm a fan of all types of music pop/hip hop/rock/metal/alternative etc etc so I understand why some people don't like it it's a song that doesn't get stuck in your head not that that makes it a bad song

I think with repeated listens PI is actually quite catchy. Is jut not immediately catchy as most other songs on the radio.

11 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

If everyone had thoughts like mine there would be peace and harmony. Because I can agree to disagree. I'm not interested in convincing anyone. Others, on the other hand, feel the need to defend their right to have an opinion EVERY TIME THEY SHARE THEIR OPINION. It's like they don't even care what they're saying, they just want to be able to say it.

seems like your talking about yourself

35 minutes ago, Cerny said:

Yeah, they're hidden behind a brickwall of belting.

Their background vocals for a reason

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Their background vocals for a reason

Badly mixed backing vocals, but backing vocals nevertheless, yeah.

Just now, Cerny said:

Badly mixed backing vocals, but backing vocals nevertheless, yeah.

What exactly is badly mixed? 

18 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What exactly is badly mixed? 

The whole song? You can hear the vocals, but you can't hear the intrumentation and the backing vocals properly, it could be an artistic choice but then again, I thought they were going for an analog sound, where everything sounds raw and clear. PI sounds badly mixed/processed.

Edit: It's okay though, still can't wait for Joanne.

7 minutes ago, Cerny said:

The whole song? You can hear the vocals, but you can't hear the intrumentation and the backing vocals properly, it could be an artistic choice but then again, I thought they were going for an analog sound, where everything sounds raw and clear. PI sounds baldly mixed/processed.

I think you are confused. It is obvious that they wanted Gaga's vocals to be the driving force of the song rather than the instrumentation. The instrumentation is only there to surround Gaga's vocals. Analog means use of little electronic sounds and a non digital type of recording (which is what PI is). And Gaga is clearly using raw vocals as they are unedited and not auto tuned. Raw and analog doesn't mean clear. 

14 minutes ago, dancergaga said:

mm tbh no i don't really like rock music..but i was hoping gaga would change that..but it's okay i'll wait for the album:tongue:

It makes sense to me that you don't like rock music. And I don't mean this in a bad way. Everyone can like whatever they want. Is just that rock music tends to be loud and abrasive and to someone like you, who doesn't listen to a lot of rock music, PI would probably sound "grating". 

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think you are confused. It is obvious that they wanted Gaga's vocals to be the driving force of the song rather than the instrumentation. The instrumentation is only there to surround Gaga's vocals. Analog means little electronic sounds and non digital type of recording (which is what PI is). And Gaga is clearly using raw vocals as they are unedited and not auto tuned. Raw and analog doesn't mean clear. 

I meant the instrumentation and backing vocals, not the main vocals, the former sound poorly mixed/poorly mastered and heavily processed which doesn't give me analog vibes. It could be but it doesn't sound like it.

1 minute ago, Cerny said:

I meant the instrumentation and backing vocals, not the main vocals, the former sound poorly mixed/poorly mastered and heavily processed which doesn't give me analog vibes. It could be but it doesn't sound like it.

Well. I guess it is what it is. We simply see things in different ways. 

Archived