šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It's so sad that PI is Number 50 on Spotify UK Top 50 / 42 World Top 50

retrosexual123

Featured Posts

SarahYuko
12 hours ago, memomemome said:

(for people who bashing because some people care about chart, I see its kinda like football/sport which u really liked a team. Wish em win. And it's a great feeling when see em take the crown. If it not, maybe later but you still support the team right?

As a Chelsea fan, I understand the sentiment regarding rooting for teams. But in my experience, it's a totally different thing and isn't really comparable.Ā For one thing, teams literally compete, by the very definition of "compete". They crown winners, knock out losers, score points against each other, one up each other, etc. The main purpose of sports on the larger scale is competition, hence the world cups, olympics, paralympics, etc.

Ā 

Music is not a competition. Single sales and album sales do matter to a good extent -Ā the moreĀ people who listen to it, the greater the likeliness of a significant cultural impact (common sense). It's totally fine in my opinion to want Gaga to top charts, to feel sad when she doesn't. The problem in GGD from my perspective lies in over-sharing these sentiments regarding charts andĀ sales. People are genuinely enjoying PI and it's almost hurtful to hear the song getting bashed for its low chart positions (among other things). They have said over and over that they are happy if it charts well but wouldn't be too bothered if it doesn't because they enjoy the music which is most important. I agree with them on that. I do wish she was a chart-topper; I wish chart-toppers consisted of moreĀ blues and jazz and rock and real talent. But that's not the case (and fortunately charts prove not to be an indicator of quality).

I feel sad too that some people will actually disregard her work or spread a lot of negativity here because they don't like "the new Gaga" or PI or PI's chart positions thus far.Ā I'm not saying you're one of them; I appreciate how kindly and politely you've expressed your opinions. I wish some people would get over their dramatic (rude) selves.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SarahYuko
12 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She's cemented in pop culture, though. That's a fact, that's objective, she changed the face of pop culture back in 2008 and was a world-wide phenomenon, she doesn't need to do that again. I'd rather have her be someone she truly is than have someone try to top herself for the sake of topping herself.Ā 

For her to be really down to Earth and write an album that's completely autobiographical, that takes some balls. When you have this public image to look after, it's nice that she's really taking her time and just doing something because she wants to. I mean, just look at the people she's working with. Father John Misty, Beck, Florence, etc. etc., they're all people who aren't the most famousā€”hell, most people know Beck from when Kanye was about the "pull a Kanye" and wanted to say that he didn't deserve the award. Those people aren't from someone who wants to be uber-successful, they're from someone who wants to be more "real" and "authentic" with us.Ā 

Again, she's already cemented herself in pop culture, she doesn't need to do it again.Ā 

I agree. And I love seeing her grow and change constantly. With JOANNE I feel like she has matured so much. I can't wait to hear the whole album.

retroglamx

We should have a separate Gaga daily for people who care so damn much about the charts. Bye.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

PopBitch
1 hour ago, retrosexual123 said:

I know, I know when I first heard it I really liked it and still like it... but... I just think of how awesome it would sound being played in the convertible car of four 24 year old girls and the GP not liking it and PI flopping means that PI won't really penetrate popular culture.Ā 

It's like with Bjork's music, for example, I love it and find it extremely beautiful and that is enough for me. But with Gaga part of the beauty was the popular culture penetration. The dance routines, the flashmobs, the tv performances, the covers, the dresses...Ā 

That's over. Ā Although, I'm sure she will always dance, like on tour, Ā justĀ to a lesser degree.Move on and just enjoy the ride. Ā  You are putting her in a box.

Archived