💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

PI debuts at #15 on the Hot 100

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

There's only one Bad Romance. But: 

It's a reminder that even Bad Romance experienced a debut at 9, a drop to 18, a half-measure rise to 11, before peaking at 2. 

The point is that great songs sometimes take rides on the chart. Many people think PI is a great song. 

It is a great song.. But when Rice, a buzz single (at best) that was released so long before P.I., is selling more than it on iTunes, that's troubling. :giveup:

it wasn't laaaahv

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DanceInTheDark
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

It didn't even chart in my country, so be happy. :grr:

I expected that here in the netherlands, they kinda don't know lady gaga and hate talent

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

darkgaga
Just now, DanceInTheDark said:

I expected that here in the netherlands, they kinda don't know lady gaga and hate talent

Well. She is #29 at the Tipparade of the top 40... so like #69

19 minutes ago, DanceInTheDark said:

She was huge over here, but Born This Way was her last big hit. She's still in the news a lot tho. They just don't like her new music I guess. 

17 minutes ago, darkgaga said:

Well. She is #29 at the Tipparade of the top 40... so like #69

I'm not sure if you can count it like that. Oh well, it's something. :laughga:

Jewels n Drugs

Pretty good but Gaga please do some TV promo

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Amazing numbers for a "song like this"

giphy.gif

I don't want her to WASTE money promoting this "already dead-born" song

save it for the next single which hopefully will be better than PI

NY_ThatsEnought.gif

I sill have faith tho

Perfect Illusion is her "Like That"

and the second single will be ha "We Belong Together" comeback massive hit

The Emancipation of Joanne will slay I hope

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

3 hours ago, Tellerphone said:

I sense some sexual tension coming from you. I believe you're highly attracted to me. If you play your cards right I can make your pinky all stinky.

Queen of not trolling while slaying Jerri Blank realness.  😋

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Lion Heart

YAS QUEEN

I was only off by 1 position.

I hope she won't fall too much :ohno: 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

rezjohnsen

Its just for debut position guys. It much better than PI debuted in #10 and then flopping and out of chart the next week. All we need is longevity to make sure that song struggle enough in chart but still manage to make it to Top 5 by music video or TV appearances

And I wonder It wasnt Love It wasnt Love

FinnishGypsy

I think it's a great debut for someone who's been out of the pop game for three years and was so widely panned for her last album (last couple of albums, actually).

General public and fans alike seem to forget how many times Gaga has been deemed "over"--when BTW single received incessant comparisons to "Express Yourself," when the BTW album cover was widely ridiculed, when "Judas" failed to perform as expected for her second single for the aforementioned album, when the feud with Perez Hilton occurred, essentially all of the ARTPOP era, starting with "Applause" missing the #1 spot on BBHot100 (although it became one of her biggest hits to date), and when she made the shift to jazz music (even though, of course, she subsequently won her sixth Grammy).

Not to mention, since her inception as "Lady Gaga," everything she has worn, recorded and released has been hugely polarizing. We tend to have a selective memory and think back to "the times when everyone loved her," but that has NEVER been the case. She used to be "too avant-garde" or "attention-seeking," while now she is "too basic." Because she takes risks, for every widely criticized performance (e.g., Bowie tribute at Grammys), there will be an equal amount of universally praised reception (i.e. Superbowl National Anthem; Oscar's "Sound of Music" medley). 

Conclusion: Lady Gaga always has been, and always will be, an experimental, eccentric artist whose public persona will continually evolve and shift; thus, she will always draw in massive praise alongside massive criticism (look to "PI" critics' reviews for proof; the positive ones in contrast to the negative ones make it sound as though they're referring to an entirely different record altogether). 

As long as she is never just "meh" or not talked about (which is certainly not the case right now, judging by her having already twice topped the "most Tweeted" chart on BB for "PI" and having the second biggest selling record of this past week); Gaga will remain relevant. And most importantly, Gaga will always be immensely talented--thus, while it's impossible to appease all her fan base all the time, each album will contain singles/videos/performances which appeal to some (and occasionally most) of us.

Archived