💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

PI was always a gamble

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

As many of you already now, PI is not doing very well commercially. The song is expected to do 13K on its second week. This week's video might help its success, but in general the GP or radio don't seem to be embracing it. I personally think PI is a great song and I listen to it all the time. But PI was always a gamble. From the very beginning you could tell that PI was unlike anything that is currently trendy or popular. So it was obvious that Gaga did not even try to look for a "hot track" as she says. It simply seems like both her and Interscope are really not looking for big success this era and thy are just doing whatever they want. Anyways, PI could have gone either way, but it seems like the GP or radio won't embrace it.

Radio Ga Ga

I'm still hoping for hey girl to resurrect the era in terms of commercial success, but I'll be happy with new music even if it's a quarter on par with born this way or ARTPOP's quality

Morphine Prince

Oh, well. 

A lot of music I like didn't chart well or "flopped" 

A popular example would be Zayn. I love his debut solo album but it technically "flopped" and it only produced a moderate hit, Pillowtalk. 

Still like it more than a lot that's on the radio or topping the charts :shrug:

It could either be a slow #1 hit (never forget Just Dance, little managers) or just be a good top 20/10 hit. It takes time. Nobody is #1 all of a sudden, especially when the main genre is... frat bros

lady_gaga_gif__3_by_kamiigermanotta-d58q

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Here you go once again making a thread about the radio not supporting it - I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't a lie.

3 minutes ago, Secret said:

It is doing fine on the radio

It is doing fine by so far but it has been very slow. I have only heard the song 2 times on the radio. And the radio might stop playing it if they don't see many people streaming it or buying it.

flopheart

It looks like they totally gave up, that's sad. Where's the girl who claimed "i'm gonna change the world"? I'm so pissed off, not for the song which i love but for the lack of promo, that's not her, what about the music video which will be a live performance? call me dramatic but this is all so tragic

Just now, flopheart said:

It looks like they totally gave up, that's sad. Where's the girl who claimed "i'm gonna change the world"? I'm so pissed off, not for the song which i love but for the lack of promo, that's not her, what about the music video which will be a live performance? call me dramatic but this is all so tragic

The promo might start after the music video premiere..

Just give it some time. It still has potential to become a moderate hit, since it's doing okay on radio. 

What I am really excited to see is whether they are going to rush release another single and label PI as a promotional single or just leave it at that. :huh:

venusfly
Just now, Ibo said:

Just give it some time. It still has potential to become a moderate hit, since it's doing okay on radio. 

What I am really excited to see is whether they are going to rush release another single and label PI as a promotional single or just leave it at that. :huh:

I dont think she'd decommission it as the lead single but she might release a 2nd one quicker than planned if the album has  any tracks that appeal to current trends

Dorothy Gale

I'm over Perfect Illusion. At least over discussing it's chart position, I'm ready for something more interesting to talk about on gagadaily. :nails:

PI won't be a radio hit.... I don't know what happened :huh: how intercope,  Mark and everyone involved let this happen? I really hope the the rest of the album is good,  I don't care about commercial success anymore, I just want good music not screams, please gaga :giveup:

ArtGagaPop

it took me about 20 listens to really love the song so i understand if people don't run to their itunes/spotify to stream it if they hear it at radio once. But if radio keeps supporting it i think it might be a big hit in the end with some promo and the music video. 

Serendipity

They will release another single in early October I'm sure

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Archived