Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adampervez
Just now, OmgSum1Actually said:

You love Lana, Gwen and Florence and all of those were in Top 40 at one point of their carrer

Yes, and so did Gaga. There was a time when lana and florence and gwen used to do loads of promo too. Now they dont (minus Gwen). Im not complaining, thats the point.

7 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Yes, I'm glad you get it. It's not that I don't like it, it's also damaging her carreer and underperforming on the charts. It's okay to flop if the music is good, nothing will change that. (look at GUY, - still my fave from AP, and forever) but PI is not even a good song and that is what the real problem is.

But your opinion doesn't make it a bad song. That's the real problem 

tumblr_inline_obbhikoGGr1ri7rns_500.gif

TwerkinLurkin

I don't mind this tbh I like a lot of indie artists but I have a hard time believing this. Why would she do 1000s of radio interviews the first two weeks it would be out why would she have a 24 hour radio deal with the biggest radio company iheartradio. Why would ahs have it as promo, why would she debut the music video on the premier night of scream queens that's going to have millions of viewers. Why would the do all this Spotify promo. Also in all those interviews I mentioned she never once mentioned this was her "starting over" or becoming and indie artist.

Torsoface
1 minute ago, Poope MOnster said:

offtopic - i always judge people who say G.U.Y it great song

so i get you point off view now :golfclap:

G.U.Y. era >>>> Trash Delusion era 

:reductive:

honestly, I'm fine with that. I feel like this is finally the edgy, experimental record that a lot of us have always wanted from Gaga. she's making rock songs, working with smaller artists and making music with a whole group of interesting new producers. Im hyped for it:giveup:

Just now, PaperIz said:

But your opinion doesn't make it a bad song. That's the real problem 

tumblr_inline_obbhikoGGr1ri7rns_500.gif

Totally true. But it's not just my opinion, but the opinion of 95 ppl from 100.

Why else would it be doing so poorly on the charts, it did not get a single green update since the day it came out, and it is continually dropping on spotify. If it was a good song, this wouldn't happen. You just like it because it's Gaga. Most of us want more than that.

Gagaloo911
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

The fact that everyone is buying this immediately shows the tragic situation we're in tbh. 

V40bI4r.gif

There's nothing tragic about it. 

Not all of us make opinions based off charts or how much something sells. We have the backbone to support an artist regardless of the charts and don't need it to make us feel good about ourselves. 

We can just enjoy the music and not be OBSESSED with numbers and how popular the artist is. 

So you're the one who's tragic, and everyone like you who can't form an opinion without charts to say it's  okay to like. 

1 minute ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

She ain't Madonna

She's not going to be a legend going by PI standards.  If Joanne is a failure chartwise you can say goodbye to gaga having legendary status. She's had 2 /(3 if you include the fame monster) successful albums over 8 years abs all the best work spanning 2008-2011. That was 5 years ago! She'll be forgotten and dropped. It's not enough be a legend.  

Reality
21 minutes ago, exoskeleton35 said:

What the **** is wrong with her? I mean props for Interscope not being up her butt about being super commercial, but does she really give zero ****s about any commercial success whatsoever? Is she just gonna sit back, release the album, and do movies from now on? 

Are you f*cking kidding me right now?? It's this sort of egotistical behavior that makes me question the integrity of some fans. I get that you may not like like an indie sound, which is completely okay, but to say "What the f*ck is wrong with her?", are you serious? 

She's worked her a** off for years conceptualizing, writing, making, producing this album and you have the nerve to say that? No one promised you an electronic dance pop album. Plus, she could do well as an indie artist—if she's going that route for the era. 

Be happy for her, rejoice in the new album! I feel like the people who make unnecessary complaints like these just want Gaga to be uber-successful just so that they have something to brag about.  

🃏🖤👹

1 minute ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Not all of us make opinions based off charts or how much something sells. We have the backbone to support an artist regardless of the charts and don't need it to make us feel good about ourselves. 

We can just enjoy the music and not be OBSESSED with numbers and how popular the artist is. 

So you're the one who's tragic, and everyone like you who can't form an opinion without charts to say it's  okay to like. 

This has nothing to do with charts. I'm talking about her not performing and apparently not planning on performing anytime soon. You're the one assuming it would be about charts. 

1 minute ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Why can't you ****ing accept that people hate Perfect illusion because it's a terrible song, not because it's flopping? 

Archived