Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, malazam said:

**** off Gaga.

(I was rooting for you)

a smart move, She's coming for the whole GP.

tumblr_n6czgh2IUF1qedb29o1_400.gif

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

As long as she gives me amazing music idc anymore. 

I fell in love with her as an artist. I don't stan for commercial success. 

rs_500x256-131112154631-b1.gif

Purr more, hiss less.

SarahYuko

I wouldn't mind either way. The woman's inspired me so much, it would take a lot to get me to unstan her. Plus I I love Indie.

And someone might come at me for "worshiping everything she does" (which is untrue), but after absolutely everything she has done and sacrificed for this fanbase, I'm not abandoning her that easy. I still love her and her music as much as I did at the peak of her popularity. I doubt that'll ever change,

Am I missing something? She's not "indie" because she's signed to a mainstream label. She's not creating low-key indie songs, PI is obviously a mainstream pop/club song. Also in every interview (she isn't doing promotion? 10+ interviews in a week?) she mentions that the record has many sounds, but some major dance anthems.

With that being said, does Interscope even need to waste tons of money on promo? Everyone knows who Gaga is; her fans are organic promo machines. And if she does things like the Superbowl, that's free for them.

XMonsterMonster
6 hours ago, June said:

What does indie even mean? I love Perfect Illusion so much. Helps me deal with all the **** my ex-bf left for me to process. I can just escape in this song. (Yeah, I'm playing it right now!) ♥

good to know that I am not the only one who feels the same :hug:

C'mon guys

ARTPOP had lots of promo and TV performances, and we all know it helped few to nothing.

If the music is good in "Joanne", people will appreciate the album and it will be more recognized...

Beyonce does almost no promotion to her recent albums and people buy them cause they are good

Why do many of us care so much about charts? By looking at Joanne's album cover and some parts of the track list, I'm already feeling Gaga knows what she is doing with this album. When an artist knows his/her own work, it will always deliver the artistic vision of the artist. We all know that Gaga's vision are always high quality so why doubt the quality of Joanne?

Yes, maybe we won't get another Fallon performance or a carpool karaoke but who cares? This fan base is always free to leave, I mean we don't have a contract or something, if you really want some glamorous shimmery glittery dance music and Gaga is not doing it, its simple, don't buy the album alright? The point is, JOANNE is NOT even out yet, so maybe it is secretly a super gay album that we all bop to(I am gay too I'm not being homophobic). If you ask me, I love PI sooooo much that I just can't stand without listening to it for a day, the guitar intro gave me orgasm. And yes, I love Bad romance and all the other hits too. So I actually am looking forward to hearing Joanne as a whole, from Track 1 to 11. So this time I WILL STAND BY GAGA.

One more thing, look at how Beck's Morning Phase won Album of The Year over Bey's self tiltled album despite it being the lowest selling among the nominated albums. Sometimes people DO recognise a piece of good work without considering the sales, and look at the boost in sales post Grammy for Beck. Maybe that's the ultimate promo of Joanne. Interscope letting Gaga, a Super established and clever artist do whatever she likes coz the work will have quality, the album wins a Grammy despite it being the sales underdog, BOOM, it became one of the best selling albums after Grammy. 

We just don't know ****. I have faith in Gaga's team, coz this time our talented queen chose the real people and kept them around her. Everything is under control.

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, ScotHML said:

Beyoncé has been around a much longer time.  She's earned the legend status. 

True, but she started having her comeback with her self-titled album and that was following the flop album, 4 (a flop by her standards, that is). That album couldn't even get her a single top ten in America and it didn't even have a tour. Nobody expected her to come back that strong after that downfall. So, to come back from all of that is proof that you can turn things around. And Adele's been around for the same length of time as Gaga and she's got respect and practically legend status and she rarely does promo, so...

20 hours ago, tizian said:

I got your point but it's different with Beyoncé. It's not that her managment does no promo at all. They just don't book major TV performances whatsoever. They built up this massive "Goddess"-image of Beyoncé. People treat her like she's God and that dedication is not limited to her fanbase. The GP and the critics love her so she doesn't need big promo. Her online-marketing & Superbowl announcement was enough to get an entire country hyped. 
Worldwide it's another story of course.

Of course it's different. Beyonce is a protected species in the industry (part of the reason I can't stand her). It helps to have a record-label owning husband who's a successful artist in his own right and who also happens to be your manager. Jay ensures that Beyonce's treated right. And indeed, this goddess image of Beyonce is partly what keeps her music selling, no matter its quality. But that doesn't mean that it's impossible to come back despite not having that cushion. Justin Bieber's career was over before he came back, no one expected that return. Yes, he's a guy, so it's different, but it just shows it's not impossible. It helps to have a little faith.

Stephen
21 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, Beyonce dropped 2 entire albums and did barely any promo for them, especially worldwide. And she didn't bother aggressively pushing singles and didn't care if she got hits or not. And look how much she's sold with that approach. Look how much she's been respected with that approach. Look how much she's got even bigger with that approach. It seems that not trying hard is the latest trend. People have been telling Gaga to just let the music speak for itself for some time now. Maybe doing just that will finally make people respect her as an artist once and for all and realise she's for real. This approach is also guaranteed to result in great critical reception. Critics love it when an artist just does their own thing and doesn't try to be commercial. The Grammys love that too. And lately, whats been ruling the album charts isn't what you'd expect. If this was 8 years ago, commercial would be the only way to sell an album. It doesn't work like that now. At the moment, the public is all over the concept of substantial, real, introspective, mature albums. They're the ones that are selling, the generic ones are struggling. So, this could be the best thing for Gaga.

Good point!

Archived