💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

Where are the Tweets? Why where they deleted?

Honestly I don't blame them. Why should they put there money into something that is not going to be a commercial success? If it doesn't bring them money they shouldn't. Its a business. She's lucky they let her put it out at all if they don't believe in it.

I do believe however its such a huge mistake to not preform this live and promote on TV and such. I feel this album is intended for the more mature so she should go on platforms that message to them like the Tonight show and Howard stern.

SIDE NOTE: Idk if I even believe this Propagaga. I don't think they have been right that many times up till now if ever.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 50/50, I really am.

I would give my first born for Gaga to really let loose and bring out a full rock or indie album but I just can't see her doing it yet. Perfect Illusion is good but it's got that ARTPOP feel to it where it feels like she's holding on to pop too much still.

Do I believe this information? Kind of. It's clear Gaga is trying to switch it up but I doubt it's for the reasons they're saying. She's trying so hard to look laid back and that's reflective here but we all know she isn't when it comes to music. She even made Tony change the entire direction of Cheek to Cheek for example... she is not laid back.

Anyway, I'm remaining hopeful for Joanne. This whole vibe should be really getting me hyped but I have my apprehensions.

PropaGaga
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Is she going to do any TV performances? Any TV interviews? Any festivals? 

As a fan I just want to see her perform again. Having new music is great but performances just add something so much better to the mix. I'd hate it if she decides to majorly cut back. 😞

Well, yeah, I assume so. Like I said in a previous thread, I don't know the details about what they plan to do, just that the label isn't too concerned about sales and all that. They understand the climate we're in and that sales are practically dead if your name isn't Adele. I wish people weren't holding onto the "debut indie record" thing so hard when it was very literally a reference to something John Janick had said in an interview with Billboard last year:

“What’s most important to me is being able to spend the time with an artist, and not just trying to get a song on every radio station. To do that, you have to keep the roster in check, and make sure that you’re not doing what a lot of labels have done in the past, where you sign a bunch of things and see what sticks. You sign who you believe in, and you stick with them, like an indie label would.

There were so many times I had doors slammed in my face. ‘I don’t get that,’ or ‘that’s not a hit. And then later something would end up becoming a big hit, and because it was left-of-center, it became something that was more interesting. That’s what Interscope was. You think about 2Pac and Dre and Primus and No Doubt, Eminem, Gaga, all these artists that, when they were signed, I don’t think anyone looked at them thinking this is gonna be the next big thing. But they became culturally important and changed what people listened to.”

Keep in mind that promo was scaled back quite a bit with ARTPOP so she could heal. They weren't out there doing everything, and it was still enough for some fans to survive. It doesn't mean they aren't going to do anything to promote it. They're just going to focus on more important spots to do it.

PropaGaga
26 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

Where are the Tweets? Why where they deleted?

Honestly I don't blame them. Why should they put there money into something that is not going to be a commercial success? If it doesn't bring them money they shouldn't. Its a business. She's lucky they let her put it out at all if they don't believe in it.

I do believe however its such a huge mistake to not preform this live and promote on TV and such. I feel this album is intended for the more mature so she should go on platforms that message to them like the Tonight show and Howard stern.

SIDE NOTE: Idk if I even believe this Propagaga. I don't think they have been right that many times up till now if ever.

Just a quick run down, but the information that has been shared with me which I have then relayed has been pretty much correct for the better part of the past year. 

I shared last August that the approach for the album was going to be organic, or as Mark would say, "analog"I mentioned many times that Gaga and RedOne had done 6-8 songs, but his involvement would remain minimalI later confirmed back in April (and July) that they were looking at an October releaseI hinted at her involvement in A Star is Born in June, hours before the story of her being attached went liveI confirmed that Cheek to Cheek 2 was not being released before the album when everyone was melting down.

And that's really just the tip of it. I'll also throw in that I've maintained since last year that the album would be out at the second half of 2016 while everyone was melting down about an album coming right after the Grammys or Super Bowl. You can believe it or not, but the proof is all there.

misunderstood
27 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm 50/50, I really am.

I would give my first born for Gaga to really let loose and bring out a full rock or indie album but I just can't see her doing it yet. Perfect Illusion is good but it's got that ARTPOP feel to it where it feels like she's holding on to pop too much still.

Do I believe this information? Kind of. It's clear Gaga is trying to switch it up but I doubt it's for the reasons they're saying. She's trying so hard to look laid back and that's reflective here but we all know she isn't when it comes to music. She even made Tony change the entire direction of Cheek to Cheek for example... she is not laid back.

Anyway, I'm remaining hopeful for Joanne. This whole vibe should be really getting me hyped but I have my apprehensions.

Wait sis I never knew about the direction of cheek to cheek changing. What happened?

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

4 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Just a quick run down, but the information that has been shared with me which I have then relayed has been pretty much correct for the better part of the past year. 

I shared last August that the approach for the album was going to be organic, or as Mark would say, "analog"I mentioned many times that Gaga and RedOne had done 6-8 songs, but his involvement would remain minimalI later confirmed back in April (and July) that they were looking at an October releaseI hinted at her involvement in A Star is Born in June, hours before the story of her being attached went liveI confirmed that Cheek to Cheek 2 was not being released before the album when everyone was melting down.

And that's really just the tip of it. I'll also throw in that I've maintained since last year that the album would be out at the second half of 2016 while everyone was melting down about an album coming right after the Grammys or Super Bowl. You can believe it or not, but the proof is all there.

Sorry but if you have been accurate congrats but unfortunately you get buried by the nonsense other people thrown out there and I don't know whos saying what anymore.

PropaGaga
3 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

Sorry but if you have been accurate congrats but unfortunately you get buried by the nonsense other people thrown out there and I don't know whos saying what anymore.

And that's fine! I don't really care. I share what I'm given and that's really it. People want to say I'm innacurate without any solid proof, well I've laid out some proof of my own. Aside from me incorrectly denying she had visited Z100 last month, there's really not much people can hang on me when it comes to being wrong. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but I would love if the unnecessary hate and false statements that get thrown my way would let up just a bit.

4 minutes ago, alushlullaby said:

Wait sis I never knew about the direction of cheek to cheek changing. What happened?

I can't remember if it was the composer or Tony's manager but in an interview after the release it was revealed a major change it band happened supposedly because Gaga wanted to make the change. I'm not very good with my jazz but I think she wanted it to be big band (I could have this completely the wrong way round) after they started recording so everything had to be changed? The person who said this in the interview said it was actually annoying to them that Gaga changed her mind but Tony wasn't too bothered.

Just now, PropaGaga said:

And that's fine! I don't really care. I share what I'm given and that's really it. People want to say I'm innacurate without any solid proof, well I've laid out some proof. Aside from me incorrectly denying she had visited Z100 last month, there's really not much people can hang on me when it comes to being wrong. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but I would love if the unnecessary hate and false statements that get thrown my way would let up just a bit.

Of course. I expect you to defend yourself! I would. I'm just not ready to commend you because again I don't know whats yours and not and I honestly don't want to say I know what you do. Mabey this site should give you your own tab where only you can post if your so accurate so it could be filtered outside of everyone else.

zakariah

If this is true then I don't think/want her to perform at the SB next yr. It wld be very out of place with the era. 

PropaGaga
16 minutes ago, JbGaga said:

Of course. I expect you to defend yourself! I would. I'm just not ready to commend you because again I don't know whats yours and not and I honestly don't want to say I know what you do. Mabey this site should give you your own tab where only you can post if your so accurate so it could be filtered outside of everyone else.

I would prefer if they didn't. I'm not an insider and don't claim to be one. Anyway, it's really not very important in the long run. I share to give insight, mostly about past eras, but I'm not after followers or anything and I don't plan on spoiling any of her upcoming plans. I just happen to know a lot of people who work in the industry who hear idle gossip and some people who meet her frequently and I sometimes hear stuff that way. I've always been open about this. I don't get information from her team because I think it'd be pretty dumb of them to share that. I do speak with them, but it's rarely ever about Gaga.

I tried to share information leading up to Joanne because everyone was just so tense and I thought it would help the wait to know that there was a plan and things were happening whether anyone knew it or not. It wasn't always what people wanted to hear, but at least I wasn't teasing and tweeting out cryptic/fake lyrics from an anonymous account for followers.

I just want the tour, give it, Gags! :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I honestly do not mind any of this, BUT if Gaga and her company go on about and try and label her and act all "indie", this will hurt her more than anything else that she could do. Now, without using that label, she can shape her career from now on and go that route, many performers in the past have strayed from their popular beginnings, but she must do it absently from the view of making such a loud sensation about it, then she shall survive and thrive. She may lose fans, but she will always gain a few as well.

I don't mind her leaving the bubblegum radio mainstream genre at all though, I would probably enjoy her ever more.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

PropaGaga
22 minutes ago, Zakariah said:

If this is true then I don't think/want her to perform at the SB next yr. It wld be very out of place with the era. 

Not exactly. Just think about how Beyoncé has marketed her last three albums. It's focused more on larger spots than just going around and doing everything. I don't see Gaga going all the way with that, but I imagine the promo will be scaled back a little bit in comparison to something like how Born This Way was. Even ARTPOP was a little more scaled back in its approach. But the "indie" comment is not related at all to the comment about how she's reportedly handling promoting the record. I think that's why people are getting confused. In the end, she may decide to do a huge promo tour or plaster her face all over trains or do the talk show circuit, but the point is that the option is there now for her to promote how she wants.

Archived