Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is 'Joanne' a self-titled release?

ReidOne

Do you consider 'Joanne' to be Gaga's self-titled album?   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Is this her way of exploding into her 30's?

• Yes... it's named after herself
    • No... it's named after her aunt

Featured Posts

Gagas love
38 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

You can only choose one... hahahahaha

tumblr_m6husmBlmV1r202bxo1_500.gif

I ****ing love your theories. Thats how gaga should be seen. not literal but totally anything we want. her ARTPOP literally could and will mean anything. 

Gagas love
20 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

"But do you really know, Diane? Do you really know?"

622508805.gif

:deadbanana:

:rockstar:

tumblr_nv2d9eNpDs1t8ivmgo4_400.gif

she does speak of her album being HER mothers daughter HER fathers daughter HER friends friend.......

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, Gagas love said:

I ****ing love your theories. Thats how gaga should be seen. not literal but totally anything we want. her ARTPOP literally could and will mean anything. 

:hug: YAASSS thank you! :wub:

It's named after her aunt, but I would also call this her self-titled album since it's the closest I think she'll ever get to that. I don't ever see her naming an album Lady Gaga or Stefani.

yeah because the name of the album is actually Lady Gaga and the artist is Joanne

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

littlepotter
1 hour ago, DominicB said:

:diane: Fixed. All i'm going to say about that.

DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK YOU MEAN BY THIS

chaeri pls

If it's "kind of" a self-titled release then it isn't a self-titled release lol.

A self-titled release would be "Lady Gaga" or possibly "Stefani". I say possibly because normally you'd expect a self-titled album to be the same as the performer name. Although it would technically be "self-titled", most people wouldn't know that.

Same with Joanne. If it was presented as "Lady Gaga's new self-titled album Joanne" it would make zero sense. She didn't choose it because it's her middle name, she chose it because of her aunt.

So the way I see it - no, it isn't.

crisTEAne

yes, it is. joanne is the spirit of her very self. her second heart, if you will. if there will be an album that's titled gaga, it'll also be self-titled. remember the message of BTW? preconceived ideas shall not define you. you define you as you have the possibility to give birth to your new self over and over and over again. in this case, she's giving birth to the woman of her past by bringing her into the future. she's transforming as magic. a truly reverse germanottian expedition. :unicorn:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

6 hours ago, littlepotter said:

DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK YOU MEAN BY THIS

:diane: Who knows.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

GaGaBabyOohLala

Herself of course. She's not gonna name her own album with a name of her aunt, granny, grandpa, momma, pop and so on :nails:

Archived