💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

AHS6? Livestream Party 10PMEST 3AMUK 4AMCEST

Miracle

Featured Posts

Lord Ryry

Is it going to be this story for the whole season? or just the first two episodes and then new stories after? :huh: I also really want a intro credit, those are amazing, even if its just bits and pieces of the season. 

I did enjoy the episode and it was much scarier than the others (even though it still didn't scare me, I know it would scare my friends). 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Actually I didnt mind the documentary style. It seems a bit redundant at the moment, but I'm sure it will become more relevant later on.

My main issue was the general tone. The horror on AHS has always oscillated between being really gory and really weird. This episode was neither of those things. It tried to create a slow build-up and suspense (which is actually my favourite kind of horror) but it failed miserably for me, personally. It was just boring, and that's not what I've come to expect from AHS. 

Honestly, I think the thing that kills the suspense for me is the fact that we know the characters survive because of the documentary. And the fact that the events we're watching are fake within the context of the show. It completely removes any tension for me. So maybe I'm not a fan of the docu style after all...

I probably do need to chill though.

I'm just so fed up of people everywhere I look being so negative and bitchy and complainative.

At least you were able to word your concerns maturely.

You didn't like it, and that's fine.

It's just when people get really scathing and angrily detail why they disliked something that I find it unnecessary and mentally draining.

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

6 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I probably do need to chill though.

I'm just so fed up of people everywhere I look being so negative and bitchy and complainative.

At least you were able to word your concerns maturely.

You didn't like it, and that's fine.

It's just when people get really scathing and angrily detail why they disliked something that I find it unnecessary and mentally draining.

Yeah, to be fair, I understand where you're coming from as the negativity on this site has become unbearable lately. I'm going to give the episode another shot tonight. Maybe I was just taken aback by the new tone and I just need to open my mind to the changes. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

thatfoxyfeeling

I don't remember the last time I watched a show because of the intro, you all need to stop :saladga: It was brilliant, everyone in my house who slated Freak Show & Hotel loved this episode. :applause: 

Saint Laurent

Overall I thought it was an excellent opening episode, but there are definitely some kinks.

- I don't mind the documentary style, but I wish they'd stop giving us the scene through the narration before it actually happened. I think the documentary acting (Lily Rabe etc.) was really terrible, surely if you'd been through such an experience you'd be completely broken down, terrified and sad, whereas the actors showed minimal emotion. This might change as the show progresses though, as she relives the nightmare.

- The characters are really good apart from that, Sarah was phenomenal as usual, as was Angel, but Cuba's acting style DOES NOT fit with American Horror Story, his part seems so forced and uncomfortable. YAS at Kathy Bates' return to a villain. 

- The theme is excellent and I'm really interested to watch it's development.

- The amount of characters revealed in this episode was truly tragic, there was so much alluding and shorts clips are characters, but they were completely redundant. Obviously, like with everything else, this will change over time.

- Gaga not being in the credits I found quite rude, there were people in the credits that did not appear in the episode so why she wasn't in the 'With Special Guests' bit was weird.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Swan Heart

I'm quite disappointed tbh, weakest first episode so far.

I hated the documentary style, it ruins the whole mood and it's killing the suspense. It was even a little cringey at times, like that "He was an asshole. I hate assholes" bit. :sweat: The characters are quite boring too, the whole thing felt rushed..

Sarah was great as always but I felt like they are totally wasting Lily Rabe's talent.

I liked the last 3 minutes though. The moving ground was cute. I liked the house, visually.

I was all here for a refresh but I think it's done wrong here. I'll give the episode another chance later but idk...

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Swan Heart

I think it's time for European Horror Story.There are endless possibilities there, a lot more to work with.

It probably won't happen though, too good to be true.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

boobtank
7 hours ago, Sylvanas said:

Loved her in Season 2, and then realized that all she can really do is scream and cry. :toofunny: (Besides Freak show, because Bette/Dot was a masterpiece in acting).

Not true, have you seen her other roles, Sarah is amazing :grr:

boobtank
1 hour ago, Saint Laurent said:

Overall I thought it was an excellent opening episode, but there are definitely some kinks.

- I don't mind the documentary style, but I wish they'd stop giving us the scene through the narration before it actually happened. I think the documentary acting (Lily Rabe etc.) was really terrible, surely if you'd been through such an experience you'd be completely broken down, terrified and sad, whereas the actors showed minimal emotion. This might change as the show progresses though, as she relives the nightmare.

- The characters are really good apart from that, Sarah was phenomenal as usual, as was Angel, but Cuba's acting style DOES NOT fit with American Horror Story, his part seems so forced and uncomfortable. YAS at Kathy Bates' return to a villain. 

- The theme is excellent and I'm really interested to watch it's development.

- The amount of characters revealed in this episode was truly tragic, there was so much alluding and shorts clips are characters, but they were completely redundant. Obviously, like with everything else, this will change over time.

- Gaga not being in the credits I found quite rude, there were people in the credits that did not appear in the episode so why she wasn't in the 'With Special Guests' bit was weird.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

I usually love Lily Rabe but I thought her acting this episode was kind of flat. I was disappointed in her performance!

24 minutes ago, boobtank said:

I usually love Lily Rabe but I thought her acting this episode was kind of flat. I was disappointed in her performance!

I didn't have a problem with the kind of monotone acting in the documentary-style scenes. Remember that they're playing characters who are talking to a camera; a lot of people when talking to a camera find it a bit awkward, so they speak in a stilted, unnatural way.

However I hope we don't get that for the entire season, otherwise it really will be a waste of Lily Rabe's talent.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

1 hour ago, Swan Heart said:

I think it's time for European Horror Story.There are endless possibilities there, a lot more to work with.

It probably won't happen though, too good to be true.

Or a Japanese Horror Story 

Endless possibilities

GUYS!

Is the ending intro(violin with the original theme) of the first episode is something new? Someone please find it or upload.:toofunny:

I actually really loved it.:hor:The main problem with AHS in the previous 2 seasons was that it lacked horror,but it gave us really interesting characters like The Countess,Elsa Mars,Bette and Dot,so they didn't really feel a need to have a great cohesive story.What I like from the 1st episode is that they focused more on the feeling and the overall experience!They gave us a cliche horror story with a new family that moved into a new house in the countryside and i am sucker for movies and TV shows with that theme!

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

Archived