💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Classic Fm Praises Perfect Illusion and Key Change

AgusPop

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, AgusPop said:

where I searched before post it

What I do is I search in google, "gagadaily" then the topic i'm about to post. Anyways, no harm done, this is another soirce that wrote it so it's cool ;)

Edit: Oh yes, this source was posted before. You still had pictures so good for your thread :emma:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Gypsygaga1 said:

I have no idea what they are talking about but SLAY

I hope the Grammy Academy will know what he is talking about! SLAY!

If I like it, then that's what I get!

22 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

she wasn't attending Juilliard tho. she was accepted but chose to attend catholic school isn't it?

I thought she went to NYU? :emma:

Since this is posted again I think I need to reply again too. At least to save anyone from further embarrase oneself...

Firstly, shes no way even near julliard trained lvl. Rolf..

Secondly, there was no real praising. Just pointing out a small fact about a pop formula.

Lastly, The most important bit. Its just a basic ass modulation. The most used trick in songs that exist. Itsbeen done a trillion times before. It pretty much makes PI even more amateurish and is very eurovision... sorry, but on purely musical terms, PI is horribly basic, generic, amateurish songwriting/producing. Absolutely nothing great about it in that sence.

JusKeepBreathin
11 minutes ago, Snow said:

Since this is posted again I think I need to reply again too. At least to save anyone from further embarrase oneself...

Secondly, there was no real praising. Just pointing out a small fact about a pop formula.

Lastly, The most important bit. Its just a basic ass modulation. The most used trick in songs that exist. Itsbeen done a trillion times before. It pretty much makes PI even more amateurish and is very eurovision... sorry, but on purely musical terms, PI is horribly basic, generic, amateurish songwriting/producing. Absolutely nothing great about it in that sence.

Thanks Madonna stan...for your insight. Classic FM compares it to Bach, this guy says its trash. lol What do you do again?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

SchwineLove
22 minutes ago, ImTired said:

I thought she went to NYU? :emma:

doing a bit googling, she was accepted in Julliard when she was eleven lol. and she went to NYU at 17

"By the time she was eleven she was set to join Julliard School in Manhattan, though she decided it wasn't for her. Instead she went to the Convent of the Sacred Heart, a private Roman Catholic school."

http://ladygaga.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Gaga/Early_Years

Monster2015
6 minutes ago, Snow said:

woah hold on...

Firstly, she was offered to attend at 11 but her parents sent her to catholic school. And even then, she was admitted early acceptance to NYU-Tisch of 20 students which is a huge accomplishment in itself.

Secondly, it wasn't praise but astonishing by the fact that she modulated at the golden ratio which is so cool to know because I wouldn't have even noticed it.

Lastly, It's not a "basic ass modulation". That type of modulation in Perfect Illusion may be repeatedly done in the 80s and in some pop music today, but Gaga used it at her risk and it paid off because the song is a smash in my opinion. And the lyrics aren't amateurish neither as her structure. The chorus stays within a 3rd and by making it short and sweet "it wasn't love, it wasn't love, etc" it makes it repeatable which makes it memorable. The verses are under the chorus (pitch wise) to supply more volume and lift to the chorus. The song is meant to be quick, accessible to listeners, and not overly done (which you can tell she learned from her ARTPOP phase. I still love it)

All in all, i disagree with your statements but i'll acknowledge your opinion 

53 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Thanks Madonna stan...for your insight. Classic FM compares it to Bach, this guy says its trash. lol What do you do again?

Oh please, go for The m Stan card when facing facts and critisism. And no it didnt compare her to Bach. How delusional can one be?!?!  It just pointed out that its been used since that period. 

And what I do? I am a concert pianist and all around classical musician with double Masters degree in performing arts & musicology. So have a several seats right about now. Oh and yeah, Ive been to julliard too, just fyi.

44 minutes ago, Monster2015 said:

woah hold on...

Firstly, she was offered to attend at 11 but her parents sent her to catholic school. And even then, she was admitted early acceptance to NYU-Tisch of 20 students which is a huge accomplishment in itself.

Secondly, it wasn't praise but astonishing by the fact that she modulated at the golden ratio which is so cool to know because I wouldn't have even noticed it.

Lastly, It's not a "basic ass modulation". That type of modulation in Perfect Illusion may be repeatedly done in the 80s and in some pop music today, but Gaga used it at her risk and it paid off because the song is a smash in my opinion. And the lyrics aren't amateurish neither as her structure. The chorus stays within a 3rd and by making it short and sweet "it wasn't love, it wasn't love, etc" it makes it repeatable which makes it memorable. The verses are under the chorus (pitch wise) to supply more volume and lift to the chorus. The song is meant to be quick, accessible to listeners, and not overly done (which you can tell she learned from her ARTPOP phase. I still love it)

All in all, i disagree with your statements but i'll acknowledge your opinion 

1) doesnt matter The slightest if she was offerd something versus did she go aka she is not julliard trained (Btw that would be a junior program not The professional study at 11). She is NOT classically trained in that sence nor anywhere near that lvl. Jesus...

2) yeah its kind of cool but then again not really. Its very common actually

3)erm there was nothing musically redeaming in what you said. And please don't get me wrong, its great that you enjoy The song and just you know, I don't hate it inanyway.

However, yeah The modulation is very basic and generic. Nothing risque about it. It remains in a very generic tonality and isn't surprising (just a one whole step up, from e minor to f# minor, though I might be wrong about The key as I havent checked it). It is indeed done a trillion times over... 

There just isn't anything innovative or interesting about PI in musical sence. Like melodies, counter melodies, voicing, chords &harmonies, agogic struckture etc. Its a generic, basic four chord pop tune that is even a bit amateurish in songwriting department. Sorry. Not even The repetiveness doesnt quite work as a good hook, though thats just my opinion . It might for some :) oh and The volume changes in mastering is just sloppy and bad imo. It doesnt work and to me goes against The point of being authentic &analogic. Its The opposite as The cresendo is done in mixing/mastering and not by actually playing/singing louder. In a organic way :)

But I repeat, I don't hate The song in anyway. And even better if ppl like it. Its just no way near The standards I expect.

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

from e minor to f# minor, though I might be wrong about The key as I havent checked it). It is indeed done a trillion times over... 

The song is in F#m and modulates to G#m.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

5 minutes ago, calmar said:

The song is in F#m and modulates to G#m.

Thx! Wasnt off by much as I couldnt listen to it right now :DD 

JusKeepBreathin
11 hours ago, Snow said:

Oh please, go for The m Stan card when facing facts and critisism. And no it didnt compare her to Bach. How delusional can one be?!?!  It just pointed out that its been used since that period. 

And what I do? I am a concert pianist and all around classical musician with double Masters degree in performing arts & musicology. So have a several seats right about now. Oh and yeah, Ive been to julliard too, just fyi.

1) doesnt matter The slightest if she was offerd something versus did she go aka she is not julliard trained (Btw that would be a junior program not The professional study at 11). She is NOT classically trained in that sence nor anywhere near that lvl. Jesus...

2) yeah its kind of cool but then again not really. Its very common actually

3)erm there was nothing musically redeaming in what you said. And please don't get me wrong, its great that you enjoy The song and just you know, I don't hate it inanyway.

However, yeah The modulation is very basic and generic. Nothing risque about it. It remains in a very generic tonality and isn't surprising (just a one whole step up, from e minor to f# minor, though I might be wrong about The key as I havent checked it). It is indeed done a trillion times over... 

There just isn't anything innovative or interesting about PI in musical sence. Like melodies, counter melodies, voicing, chords &harmonies, agogic struckture etc. Its a generic, basic four chord pop tune that is even a bit amateurish in songwriting department. Sorry. Not even The repetiveness doesnt quite work as a good hook, though thats just my opinion . It might for some :) oh and The volume changes in mastering is just sloppy and bad imo. It doesnt work and to me goes against The point of being authentic &analogic. Its The opposite as The cresendo is done in mixing/mastering and not by actually playing/singing louder. In a organic way :)

But I repeat, I don't hate The song in anyway. And even better if ppl like it. Its just no way near The standards I expect.

LOL messy M stan with a lot of anger. Now you don't hate the song when before you wrote, 'PI is horribly basic, generic, amateurish songwriting/producing.'

giphy.gif

Messy Messy Messy M-bottoms. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a concert pianist, only because I am a classically trained m*ther f*cker. At least if have an opinion and stick to it, stop flip flopping around. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived