other

Chainsmoker Praises Gaga

dannydevito

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

So u get it that I find it funny that u don't find that tweet rude at all? :awkney:

Instead of being shady, why don't you explain it?

That literally happened.

"Industry sources told Billboard.biz on Friday that Amazon sold some 440,000 downloads of the album - nearly all of which were the 99-cent version (a more expensive deluxe version is also available).

So how much is Amazon losing? About $3.2 million over the two days the promotion ran, according to Billboard's estimate.

Here's the math: For every unit it sells at 99 cents, Amazon will lose about $7.40, according to Billboard's calculation. At $7.40 per unit and 430,000 units (10,000 shaved off total digital sales to account for some sales of the deluxe edition), the Gaga-related loss comes to $3.18 million."

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/retail/1177691/how-many-millions-did-amazon-lose-on-two-days-of-99-cent-lady-gaga

It's not even shady, as a result of their promotion of Born This Way Amazon lost 3.2 million because of the huge demand for Gaga... WTF is the problem? How is it shady or rude in anyway? 5 years ago he commented on what was a big story in the music industry and now people think he should be roasted for it? What a giant overreaction.

Why are people mad that he tweeted about something that actually happened 5 years ago?

ZiggyZiggs
12 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

He is, but he's the rare breed that has decency and common sense sorry.gif

Oh its u again :awkney:

Jk :emma:

24 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Chainsmokers account disliked the shady Gaga tweet and a member of the group later tweeted this:

however I did some digging and also found this from 2011 with 0 likes/retweets:

one step forward two steps back indeed

1538sb5.jpg

Ok now I see this post was moved here.

Funny that 2011 tweet had zero RTs/likes, just goes to show they were nobodies when Gaga ruled the world with BTW.

Too cocky. 

FreePalestine

ZiggyZiggs
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Instead of being shady, why don't you explain it?

That literally happened.

"Industry sources told Billboard.biz on Friday that Amazon sold some 440,000 downloads of the album - nearly all of which were the 99-cent version (a more expensive deluxe version is also available).

So how much is Amazon losing? About $3.2 million over the two days the promotion ran, according to Billboard's estimate.

Here's the math: For every unit it sells at 99 cents, Amazon will lose about $7.40, according to Billboard's calculation. At $7.40 per unit and 430,000 units (10,000 shaved off total digital sales to account for some sales of the deluxe edition), the Gaga-related loss comes to $3.18 million."

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/retail/1177691/how-many-millions-did-amazon-lose-on-two-days-of-99-cent-lady-gaga

It's not even shady, as a result of their promotion of Born This Way Amazon lost 3.2 million because of the huge demand for Gaga... WTF is the problem? How is it shady or rude in anyway?

Forget I ever asked 🙏

Redstreak
2 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Oh its u again :awkney:

Jk :emma:

Drag me a bit, I know I am not part of that select group sorry.gif

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

LanasNerfGun

Guys, Gaga could buy their entire existence tenfold.  Our talented queen remains unbothered by their laughable attempt at shading ha and we should follow our matriarch's lead.

+++Lady+Gaga+peforming+for+the+Queen+12-

10 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Forget I ever asked 🙏

Okay.. I mean I'm still genuinely perplexed about why people find that tweet offensive, but clearly I'm not going to get any answers so oh well :shrug:

joannesrats
1 minute ago, Bebe said:

Okay.. I mean I'm still genuinely perplexed about why people find that tweet offensive, but clearly I'm not going to get any answers so oh well :shrug:

I think it was more along the lines of it's obvious that the CS guy is trying to make it seem like Gaga cost them that much money due to a flopping album or something like that. It sounds like he's trying to use the facts to mar her image. If you didn't know anything about the album discount or the promotional deal it would look like she royally messed up Amazon, and I think that's what the tweet was going for.

I hope this is as good of an answer as you wanted it, that's definitely what that tweet says to me. He was using the facts, however, not all of the background information leading to the facts. Amazon knew that they would lose money on that deal, and that seemed to be okay in their eyes.

ZiggyZiggs
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Personally I find it offensive cuz they like the tweet, backtracked and said they want to work with Gaga. Then we find a tweet that even tho is a fact proves that he isn't actually a fan. 

Archived