Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga uses "The Golden Ratio" principle in Perfect Ilussion

Javier Gallo

Featured Posts

Javier Gallo

I found this article which states that the Key Change in Gaga's new single Perfect Illusion is a clear example of the Golden Ratio principle which Johann Sebastián Bach loved using to give shape to his compositions. 

Extract from the article

"The Golden Ratio, that’s what. This divine scientific principle governs all sorts of things in the natural world, and composers like Bach loved using it to give shape to their compositions.
Now it seems like Lady Gaga has fallen for it too. By putting her key change at 111 out of 179 seconds, she’s nailed the Golden Ratio sweet spot, 1.618, otherwise known as ‘Phi’."

The whole article is here http://www.classicfm.com/discover/music-theory/lady-gaga-perfect-illusion-key-change/#XAEVjfLcy8UW1l6g.97.

She is the queen of being inspired by classical music :gaycat:

ReidOne

There have been a couple threads about this and I can't get enough!! 

Also, check this out... I posted a few months back about her use of the Golden Ratio in BTW video! PI is not her first time using it.

It's fascinating (at least to me)!

Javier Gallo
Just now, ReidOne said:

There have been a couple threads about this and I can't get enough!! 

Also, check this out... I posted a few months back about her use of the Golden Ratio in BTW video! PI is not her first time using it.

It's fascinating (at least to me)!

Oh sorry, I didn't know she used it in the past! This is so interesting

And I like I posted in an earlier thread on the same topic, assuming phi is a universally acclaimed, historically significant, and harbinger of objective beauty to all humans is simply untrue. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

ReidOne
Just now, Javier Gallo said:

Oh sorry, I didn't know she used it in the past! This is so interesting

No need to be sorry --- I think this is one of the most fascinating discoveries about PI! 

Not only is it "musically pleasing" to our minds, but by definition, the "golden ratio" is also commonly referred to as "divine proportion" ... in other words, perfection.

...and the song is called "Perfect Illusion." 

I'm absolutely, completely SHOOOOK.

Just another reason it's an amazing piece of art.

It's always around me, all this noise, but not really as loud as the voice saying "Let it happen, let it happen."

Archived