What does 'super-traditional writing' mean, I wonder

020.jpg

gaga must've been feeling super nostalgic :diane:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Where did you record?
We did a little bit in Mailbu and we did some in New York, and then they did a few days in her house. It's just kind of everywhere, wherever there’s time and the people. In New York, we were at Electric Lady, just doing vocals for the single. The Malibu studio, Shangri-La, was great, just because it’s out of LA, which I feel is too many influences pushing down on you. That's away from any kind of city stuff, so it feels like you're on a farm or something.

lady-gaga-farmer.jpg.0e024447a74e75f9d96

It was there since the beginning and we didn't even notice it. :saladga:

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

5 minutes ago, Jonathan Florencio said:

Like Mary Jane Holland, Aura, Donatella, Swine, Fashion! & Applause? :poot:

fixed :emma:

I must say I'm a bit disappointed because I thought we'd be getting more raw Gaga, but instead she just enlisted different people to make music for her :madge:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

I really awkward, I was ready to bet the melody was written by her... oh well, who cares really? I like it and she brought it to life, that's all that matters to me.

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Jonathan Florencio

I think we should chill. She SAID in the radio interviews that the idea came through Kevin, and I really don't know what's the deal. She already bought an instrumental to use in her songs like Aura and others people told me in previous posts. Besides, we don't know how the demo were and how she transformed it in the final result, so...       chill :poot:

Does anyone know if he worked on the album or just PI? It feels like PI was mainly influenced by Kevin Parker

COME ON GAYS!!

JustYouandI
3 minutes ago, Jonathan Florencio said:

I think we should chill. She SAID in the radio interviews that the idea came through Kevin, and I really don't know what's the deal. She already bought an instrumental to use in her songs like Aura and others people told me in previous posts. Besides, we don't know how the demo were and how she transformed it in the final result, so...       chill :poot:

Thank youuu!! She literally said that the concept came from kevin initially and worked on it over and over. We dont know how alike or different Kevin's idea and final song are.

SummerGirl21
19 minutes ago, Lady said:

Gaga starts writing on the piano. SHE usually writes the song and THEN comes in the producers who start doin production not other way around. I'm just sad that with this song it's not the case. SHE didn't write the melody, instrumental, it was Parker.

she said in an interview that he came in with the demo and the idea, and then she transformed it. i'm sure she will have a lot of songs on the album that are more "her," but i think it's fine for her to take a different route to writing.

Jonathan Florencio
1 minute ago, Arbmonster said:

Does anyone know if he worked on the album or just PI? It feels like PI was mainly influenced by Kevin Parker

He was the one who brought the demo + idea of a song "Illusion" themed.

Just now, Jonathan Florencio said:

He was the one who brought the demo + idea of a song "Illusion" themed.

Not shading PI or anything but I think it might be not the best song or biggest " hit" on the album. She released as the first single just because of Kevin parker and Blood pop being on it would create a bigger comercial success and open success to the coming era. I love it but the lyrics don't sound like her usual writing. 

COME ON GAYS!!

Jonathan Florencio
3 minutes ago, Arbmonster said:

Not shading PI or anything but I think it might be not the best song or biggest " hit" on the album. She released as the first single just because of Kevin parker and Blood pop being on it would create a bigger comercial success and open success to the coming era. I love it but the lyrics don't sound like her usual writing. 

Well, I have 0 idea of how sucessful the producers are for the GP but idk, to me it's not like she's forcing or paying them a quantity high enough to keep them working with her. It's not like they don't see her as a musician. I do agree that's not her most powerful lyrics but I do enjoy them, I keep having a feeling that's how supposed the music should be. Rushed, raw.

Archived