❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

Perfect Illusion and the Bad Romance Effect

Edonis

Featured Posts

Edonis

First things first, PI is not her best single so far. I feel like it is way too short (though that was her artistic intention) and could've used a build (perhaps start out lower during the chorus and then get louder). Anyways, little Manager option aside, I really like it. 

And I seriously think it's going to play a critical role in changing pop music, just like Bad Romance did in 2009. 

PI is no BR, however they share in common a similar reaction from fans, GP, and the critics. When BR came out, it saw a transition in both her image and sound from her debut, The Fame. It was polarizing in the fan base as some loved it while other fans thought it wasn't that great as compared to Papparazzi, etc. The general public hated it.  They complained she was growling, screaming, weird, etc, and many people were writing her off. However, critics loved the song and after a few weeks the public began to wake up to it and helped solidify it as her signature song. The next year pop music was suddenly "dark", dance/pop oriented, etc as compared to the R&B, hip hop sound most pop music was emmanating (kind of like this year lol 🤔) 

PI could have the same effect is what I'm basically saying. It's polarizing amongst fans and the GP, but so far critics like it. It's not her best but it's certainly a grower (as I wasn't that fond of it upon first listen) and I seriously think the GP and fans will warm up to it, allowing it to possibly change the music scene into a more pop/rock, funk, disco sound. 

Do you agree? Discuss, sistren :gaycat:

FATCAT

I agree in that it won't be an instant hit, but it is, in my subjective opinion, her best lead sonically.

Purr more, hiss less.

Dorothy Gale

Perfect Illusion is a good song, not a great one, but I have a feeling we'll have some iconic singles this era, and from the start I knew that the album would probably be the main focus of the era, creating a strong body of work, not just a few hit singles. 

Edonis
5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Idk but it was that epic and never-to-be-beaten chorus from Bad Romance that sold me nonetheless tbh...

It wasn't love trended for hours :diane: it could be it :diane:

Edonis
5 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

No

Rather then giving a single word response, why don't you elaborate :oprah:

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

It wasn't love trended for hours :diane: it could be it :diane:

That's the part of the song me and many people cannot stand the most tbh...:duck:

Edonis
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

That's the part of the song I and many people cannot stand the most tbh...

:toofunny: illoosion then :toofunny:

sass bonbon

Lets give time to PI, of course it wont be as big as BR but it does set a tone for an album. It kinda introduces us to a whole new era in a real good way. But tbh, needs video asap.

bbhmm

Edonis
1 minute ago, HectorPerdido said:

Lets give time to PI, of course it wont be as big as BR but it does set a tone for an album. It kinda introduces us to a whole new era in a real good way. But tbh, needs video asap.

I agree. A lot of people will warm up to it with visuals. 

2 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

That's the part of the song I and many people cannot stand the most tbh...:duck:

I love it :music::music::music:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

16 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I agree in that it won't be an instant hit, but it is, in my subjective opinion, her best lead sonically.

Yaaas.. I Agree... I didn't like Poker Face for a veeeeeery long time before I became stan and wasn't impressed with Bad Romance at the first listen (the Video made me loving the song tho) but Pi instantly blew me away after the 2nd listen :giveup:

I can't say it yet that it's her best single or song (#BloodyMaryTeam4Ever) but it's my fav lead so far

If I like it, then that's what I get!

Archived