💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna's first album is underrated

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Is not that underrated. We are talking about it 30+ years after its release. It has been very celebrated and they still play songs of it in clubs, supermarkets and parties. Some songs from it are madonnas staples and most famous songs. I wouldn't gage and album's impact with ggd. Madonna is mostly hated by monsters so all you see here is a jaded reality when it comes to madge.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs
4 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Madonna's debut? Madonna? Is that a new indie artist? I'm confused.

Yes, if we're in 1983. :sis:

4 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Into the Groove is not from this album. 

What's with people trying to disprove me? It's not on the top 5 of many lists. Why can't I bring some attention to this album here? 

Into the Groove is technically a soundtrack single, but is embedded into the debut in remastered versions, vinyls, etc.

Because what you're saying is simply not true? The only reason that theres a portion of Madonna stans on forums that don't bring this record up is because its an obvious choice I suppose. Its similar to the same reason a lot of Gaga stans might choose Judas over Poker Face or Bad Romance in a poll. Because they know everyones going to choose Poker Face. Bad example, but you see what im getting at? Its literally regarded as a classic album and you hear its singles in life all the time. So underrated it is not, pop forums are nothing to go by.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Alan123 said:

Yes. It's a dance album and it's a classic, that's why I say it's not underrated, it got the attention and the acclaim it deserves, all of the tracks on it are great and this is the Madonna everyone remembers (Those older than 25 years old)

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought the Madonna everyone remembers is more from the Like a Virgin and True Blue era, since they're more popular. 

It's just underrated because I feel it's not celebrated the way it should be now. You might say it's already enough, but I have a different opinion. 

1 minute ago, xeynuraf said:

Madonna album was released in 82 and into the groove in 85.

I have the debut CD remastered in 96' with Into the Groove as a bonus track? Its what ive gone by all my life haha

RadioIsOurs
2 minutes ago, Vague said:

Into the Groove is technically a soundtrack single, but is embedded into the debut in remastered versions, vinyls, etc.

Because what you're saying is simply not true? The only reason that theres a portion of Madonna stans on forums that don't bring this record up is because its an obvious choice I suppose. Its similar to the same reason a lot of Gaga stans might choose Judas over Poker Face or Bad Romance in a poll. Because they know everyones going to choose Poker Face. Bad example, but you see what im getting at? Its literally regarded as a classic album and you hear its singles in life all the time. So underrated it is not, pop forums are nothing to go by.

Ok, first off, Into the Groove is from Like a Virgin. How can a Madge fan not even know that?

Second of all, if I think something is not celebrated enough, like maybe even as far as not being held as one of the best, then I'm still allowed to say that it is underrated. 

Anderson123
4 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought the Madonna everyone remembers is more from the Like a Virgin and True Blue era, since they're more popular. 

It's just underrated because I feel it's not celebrated the way it should be now. You might say it's already enough, but I have a different opinion. 

Well it's really hard to pick just one album because it's Madonna and she's been called the Queen of Re-invention for a reason. Of course Like a Virgin and True Blue are also very popular, the entire 80's Madonna is iconic, Like a Prayer is also one of the most important albums of her career. Like a Virgin would not have been that huge had it not been for the debut album, etc. same with the rest.

Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

Second of all, if I think something is not celebrated enough, like maybe even as far as not being held as one of the best, then I'm still allowed to say that it is underrated. 

If you feel its not celebrated enough than by all means, celebrate it. But to say its underrated is not really a matter of opinion if its always highly regarded as one of her most iconic records and among the most iconic records of all time?

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Vague said:

If you feel its not celebrated enough than by all means, celebrate it. But to say its underrated is not really a matter of opinion if its always highly regarded as one of her most iconic records and among the most iconic records of all time?

Maybe you're stretching it a little bit? Perhaps you can give me some receipts that prove that it's among the most iconic?

I feel as if Madonna (album,) isn't underrated, but slightly overshadowed by Like A Virgin, True Blue, and Like A Prayer. Like, people tend to remember/associate Madonna with those eras/albums over Madonna, the album.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Antares said:

I feel as if Madonna (album,) isn't underrated, but slightly overshadowed by Like A Virgin, True Blue, and Like A Prayer. Like, people tend to remember/associate Madonna with those eras/albums over Madonna, the album.

omg that profile pic is everything :gaycat:

5 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Maybe you're stretching it a little bit? Perhaps you can give me some receipts that prove that it's among the most iconic?

Im not stretching in the slightest. What more receipts do you need besides the fact that its singles are played incessantly on radio to this day? Borderline? Lucky Star? If you want me to delve into the internet and start posting links to all the lists in which its regarded as an iconic album I just don't have the energy or the interest to appease you. I will provide you with a personal story however, on Madonnas past birthday this year both friends that chose to acknowledge her birth on my IG feed referenced the s/t album and its cover in their posts. One of which being a friend of mine that spins records in LA holding up the vinyl to her face as if it were her own. If you go to any bar in los angeles that would bother to play Madonna you're going to hear her s/t record very much including physical attraction. i mean, if the album is just not very present in your specific reality than I cant really like argue that because its yours.

Archived