Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Hairspray Appreciation Thread

Spock

Featured Posts

hairspray_ver12.jpg

WOO LORD THIS MOVIE :diane:

Hairspray was my OBSESSION. From the first set pics to the final trailer, I was following everything obsessively at the tender age of 13. The cast is amazing and the songs slay. Even the credits slay. I remember freaking the **** out when they went on Oprah and premiered clips and sang a couple of songs.

Everybody was ganging up on this movie pre-release, but then it started screening and word of mouth and reviews turned up to be really positive. Hairspray ended up being one of the biggest hits of the summer

And that ending, whew lord :diane:

It's a shame because it's kind of forgotten and it's probably going to get overshadowed by that Ariana Grande abomination coming our way at the end of the year. But still, crazy to think it's almost been 10 years

who will love me when the night is over

Dorothy Gale

This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I can't believe it didn't make more of an impact tbh. 

Daenerys

I think the original one was funnier only because of the campiness of it

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

MonsterOfficial

just listened to the soundtrack last week! one of my fav movie musicals :diane: 

exorcise my mind

PunkTheFunk

LOVE this movie :giveup: I think I've watched it at least 20 times

A few months after it came out our middle school put on a production of "Hairspray" and I auditioned for a very minor character that had one line: "If we get any more white people in here, it'll be a suburb" :interestinga:

Spoiler Alert: I didn't get the part :madge: Thank GOD

Himeros26

Abomination?

honey Harvey is coming back to reprise his role in the ORIGINAL broadway production and it will be live I am not worried you can stay pressed

Neither the stage version nor the 2007 movie have ANYTHING on the original John Waters film

Daenerys
14 minutes ago, Himeros26 said:

Abomination?

honey Harvey is coming back to reprise his role in the ORIGINAL broadway production and it will be live I am not worried you can stay pressed

Neither the stage version nor the 2007 movie have ANYTHING on the original John Waters film

Ricky Lake gave me LIFE doin the Bug 

and Debbie Harry :giveup: ... Do I even need to say anymore? 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

11 minutes ago, Himeros26 said:

Abomination?

Who do you think you're calling honey miss thing? I know my Broadway, you can keep your education to yourself

Yes, Harvey is back and it's going to be produced by Craig and Neil and  Kristin, Sean Hayes, Martin Short and Andrea Martin is cool, but those NBC musicals are the pits of hell and Ariana going anywhere near this is awful.

who will love me when the night is over

• 2 weeks later...

Archived