💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would you like a Gaga x Björk collab?

monsterdino

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno
3 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Yeah totally agree with this, Björk was perfect for ARTPOP if only Gaga went with a somewhat more serious concept and if her inventions were coming true (like GagaXSpace and Volantis) and if she made IDM and Electronica songs for ARTPOP instead of going with EDM.

You know, for me Bjork is the perfect example of how you don't need to be attached to dozens of persons and managers and producers and dealers to do something truly amazing, original and innovative. Say what you want about Troy Carter, depression, but listen to Vulnicura and you'll understand what's like to put yourself and the pain you are feeling (in this case, from the end of a relationship) in your music, feel the rage and fun from Volta or get immersed in the Biophilia app experience!

Anyway, I'm glad Gaga gets inspired by Bjork and I'm hoping that helps her find her way and do even more daring stuff

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Can you guys send me a link or tell me from what interview that is I wanna watch it :excited2:

It was an interview for a magazine during the BTW era and she was talking about Nick Knight (who did the Homogenic album cover) but i don't remember which magazine it was.

monsterdino
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

You know, for me Bjork is the perfect example of how you don't need to be attached to dozens of persons and managers and producers and dealers to do something truly amazing, original and innovative. Say what you want about Troy Carter, depression, but listen to Vulnicura and you'll understand what's like to put yourself and the pain you are feeling (in this case, from the end of a relationship) in your music, feel the rage and fun from Volta or get immersed in the Biophilia app experience!

Anyway, I'm glad Gaga gets inspired by Bjork and I'm hoping that helps her find her way and do even more daring stuff

Can't wait for her next album that she's working on rn, she said that her and Arca describe Vulnicura as "hell" and she promised for her next album that it would be happier describing it as paradise and utopia!

monsterdino
14 minutes ago, symphonia said:

It was an interview for a magazine during the BTW era and she was talking about Nick Knight (who did the Homogenic album cover) but i don't remember which magazine it was.

I searched for it and I cant find it  :giveup:

monsterdino
17 minutes ago, symphonia said:

OMG but I did found this!

http://www.littlemonstersofficial.com/2011/10/bjork-talks-with-drowned-in-sound-about.html

EDIT: This is from October 2011, so she hasnt heard anything yet from BTW and ARTPOP, plus she might change her opinion on Gaga's music after LG5

Oriane

I like Björk, I wouldn't listen to her all day but it's different and takes me into another world. Why not ? Gaga fitting Björk's universe, or Björk adding her personality to Gaga's ? I'd like to see that. Plus she already tried alternative music with Yoko Ono, so this could be interesting.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ristretto

i'm legit cringing and crying at the fact that some of you think gaga is somewhat above björk at any level of pop cultural impact just because you probably weren't born when björk had her prime time and literally shocked the world with her pure creativity, a creativity which gaga can't even come close to dream of. 

i'm just saying. gaga wouldn't lend out her name, björk would be doing gaga a favor. 

Oriane

I did some research to see if Björk had ever said anything about Gaga. She did, in an interview, in 2011. She says she likes her fashion and it was daring to do what she did by the time, with the music industry. She doesn't like her music but seems open-minded, I don't think she would absolutely say no to a collaboration, it depends on what they would decide I guess.

"As she said earlier, the songs are the core for her. I wonder whether she sees a triumph of style over content in the contemporary pop charts. Is Björk interested in or by Lady Gaga?

Her reply is cautious: “I definitely like some of the outfits she’s worn. I definitely admire her for her courage – it was getting really boring! It was like everybody was just really conservative, and nobody was taking any risks. I love theatrical stuff. I think all of us have a theatrical side and a not-so-theatrical side. The music? It’s not my thing. I mean, I don’t judge it. One thing good about music is that you can have all sorts of music. You can have… easy-listening new age music…which actually is even bigger than Gaga! Classical music. You can have billions…”"

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

On 9/1/2016 at 2:31 PM, Bio said:

Gaga admitted she copied the concept for the ARTPOP app from Bjork. Everyone knows who Bjork is, she's a music legend.

Gaga would benefit a lot from working with such a huge legend and talent but I don't think Bjork would be here for it. I don't see any good coming from this duet for Bjork since she doesn't care about popularity.

Gaga never admitted to "copying" anyone. Bjork was not even technically the first to create an app tied to an album release, there was an alternative rock band about a year before her that inspired Bjork to do the same and make it her own. Apps being created in relation to music albums is one small aspect of the future of music. Just because Gaga was pressured into talking about the fact that Bjork also made an app does not make it an admittance to plagiarism. Of all modern pop artists why shouldn't Gaga be among the first to attempt it on a much more commercial level considering of her peers shes among the most visual? I mean...I can tell you're one of those Robyn/Bjork dudes that thinks theyre on some alternate level of music knowledge just because they barely scraped beneath the surface of whats considered commercial and you found alt-cliches like Bjork to cling onto, but lets just cut the crap for a second tbh.

And while being honest, in regards to the whole "bjork doesnt care about popularity" argument as to why there would be no collab; Bjork collaborated with a pop conglomerate like Madonna, I really don't see why Gaga would be out of the question then. A Bjork/Gaga collab has some semblance of potential. She could do much more with Gaga than she did Madonna (although lest we not forget Madonna essentially took more credit for her work than she deserved thus pissing Bjork off and ending up leading to Madonna trashing her in her Human Nature video, I digress). Am I pining for bjork and gaga to team up? Not really.

inuborg

I don't think they would mesh very well together

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

TheFriend

For a moment I thought this was Bjarke Ingels (the architect guy) :awesome:

Well I just googled her name and I'm shook, I'll listen to some of her songs later :staymad:

11 minutes ago, inuborg said:

I don't think they would mesh very well together

Bjork worked with Madonna. I wouldn't see how they would've meshed well together either (and actually apparently they did not).

Quite honestly its not that im rooting for a Bjork/Gaga collaboration in the slightest, but to see all the typical pretentious alt-users on this site immediately slamming this down as if Gaga is somehow unworthy or unqualified makes me roll my eyes to the back of my head and want to argue with you as to why your pretentious ideals are wrong. But also in actuality, do I see them meshing together? No. So im torn.

44 minutes ago, Vague said:

Gaga never admitted to "copying" anyone. Bjork was not even technically the first to create an app tied to an album release, there was an alternative rock band about a year before her that inspired Bjork to do the same and make it her own. Apps being created in relation to music albums is one small aspect of the future of music. Just because Gaga was pressured into talking about the fact that Bjork also made an app does not make it an admittance to plagiarism. Of all modern pop artists why shouldn't Gaga be among the first to attempt it on a much more commercial level considering of her peers shes among the most visual? I mean...I can tell you're one of those Robyn/Bjork dudes that thinks theyre on some alternate level of music knowledge just because they barely scraped beneath the surface of whats considered commercial and you found alt-cliches like Bjork to cling onto, but lets just cut the crap for a second tbh.

And while being honest, in regards to the whole "bjork doesnt care about popularity" argument as to why there would be no collab; Bjork collaborated with a pop conglomerate like Madonna, I really don't see why Gaga would be out of the question then. A Bjork/Gaga collab has some semblance of potential. She could do much more with Gaga than she did Madonna (although lest we not forget Madonna essentially took more credit for her work than she deserved thus pissing Bjork off and ending up leading to Madonna trashing her in her Human Nature video, I digress). Am I pining for bjork and gaga to team up? Not really.

I never said Bjork was the first one to release an app with an album. All I said is Gaga admitted she took the idea from Bjork. Is that not what happened? Also, Bjork didn't even want to work with Madonna, she did it as a favor for her producer friend. And even if she did care about popularity back then, she surely doesn't care about it now that she's literally a music legend.

As for your little hissy fit: Girl, take it easy lol. You don't know me at all. You seem like you got some issues you need to deal with. All good.

Archived