šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

Does Gaga have a contract with YSL?

Clip

Featured Posts

Everyone knows that Gaga has been wearing clothes from Yves Saint Lauren non stop for the whole year and the end of 2015. Do you think she only wears his clothes because she loves them? Is YSL paying her? Does she have some kind of Ā one year long contract?

Thoughts?

VOLANTIS

The truth is in her YSLĀ :hor:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Nicole

Don't heaps of designers give their clothes to celebrities who then give them "promotion" by wearing them? Pretty sure that's how the whole of Hollywood works lol. I'm sure she buys stuff too though, isn't she good friends with Hedi?

I do think it's a win-win for everyone though, she does seem to like Hedi/YSL and YSL may get a kick out of her wearing their stuff.

The Surrealist
5 minutes ago, ts0212 said:

Dunno. Collier SchorrĀ did their latest campaign and just shot Gaga too. There is more to this YSL bidness

Collier Schorr was probably hired by instructions of Gaga herself, after she saw the new campaign shots.Ā 

Dominic

I think she must have some sort of promotional deal with them but I think she just largely likes their clothes.Ā 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

PSYCHOSHTICK

I've been a fan since the beginning, so I know what i'm saying when i'm saying this:

Gaga always uses certain themes that matches the album she is promoting or working on. She uses fashion and style as a marketing form in a way that makes her unique compared to other artists. It's her way of giving hints.

Knowing Hedi, knowing fashionĀ and knowing Saint Laurent since Hedi removed the name Yves since his takeover (which makes the label now named Saint Laurent and not YSL): the style of the label is very rock/indie/grunge. Hedi used the alternative scene in LA and old rockstars as an inspiration for the collections of Saint Laurent. He often let certain guys look entirely like Kurt Cobain or Jimmy Hendrix and let girls wear classic groupie-looks. Hedi is also very much inspired by the psychedelic music scene.

Perhaps this is Gaga's way of saying that the album will have a rock/psychedelic-vibe to it (which is true since Ronson and Parker are on board and they both make this kind of music).Ā 

Besides the fact that I believe that Gaga not only uses this technique to give us hints or a certain vibe on the album - I also am a great believer that Gaga will go for a more full-on rockstar look once the album or first single gets released, since she is now more dressing up as a rock-fan (T-shirts, jeans, sneakers)Ā rather than a rockstar.Ā 

She is also hanging out a lot with the cool kids of LA that inspire Hedi's collections. When she is hanging out with them she is more in the rockstar vibe. She'll probably talk about it in interviews once the album is released.

I also think that her Saint Laurent fase will slowly die in september. Hedi left Saint Laurent a while ago and the new creative-director (Anthony Vaccarello)Ā will debutĀ his first collection for Saint Laurent in september during Paris Fashion Week. He obviously has a different look and feeling then Hedi, since every creative-director is different. And since Perfect Illusion will be released in september I think Gaga will move on and wear some different designers as well.

Ā 

And yes: she does get the clothes all for free.

Archived