đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga "copying" my faves is why I love Gaga

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

OK... it's the year 2016, which means it has been 5 full years since the BTW vs. Express Yourself mess. 

And so many people still tell me "oh, Gaga is cool, but she did steal that Madonna song"

:icega:

Which angers me to my core, obviously. 

Which means its time to reveal this thought... One of the primary REASONS I love Lady Gaga is because she isn't afraid to "copy" the pop greats. But, because she makes a statement out of it each time, that makes it OK with me. She isn't imitating for imitation's sake. She's imitating to make a point. And usually, that point is to have a better understanding of the very artist she is copying, rather than understanding herself. But somehow, while observing this, we begin to see her for herself far more than she ever intended. Which makes us love her. 

Throughout her career she has "copied" each and every one of my pop faves: 

- Michael Jackson
- Madonna
- Britney Spears
- Janet Jackson
- Kylie Minogue
- Whitney Houston

(PS, in case you didn't notice, please review the list above of my "pop faves" and realize they are all undeniable legends, thank you, lol....)

But it is BECAUSE she does this that I love her so much. She has proven to us she can be our ****ing Madonna AND Tony Bennett if we need her to be. And everyone in between. 

kabirartfling

Why use the word 'copied' when she clearly stated that she has always been 'inspired' by legends?

Give your love to me

Bradley
2 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

Why use the word 'copied' when she clearly stated that she has always been 'inspired' by legends?

'Inspired' would be the right word. Copying is blatantly taking others' ideas and crediting yourself for them.

Nevertheless, yes, she's the only contemporary artist who looks, sounds and seems like a legend that the aforementioned examples are. At least in-the-making. She's so ambitious I'm sorry Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande can never. The other one is Rihanna but she seems like she doesn't care about her live performances so...

5 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

She said many things henny and look at us all now :awkney:

iMonster

I prefer the great quote. . .  

Good artist copy. Great artist steal. 

Michael Stole (I still love him to death happy early birthday King!)

Madonna stole. 

Britney copied (:awkney:)

Gaga steals. However, everytime she does, she makes it her own. When you copy you're merely just doing exactly with the original artist did. 

So it's really her showing her homage in her own way. She's still a great artist in her own right and more people are finally seeing her vocals aren't to be slept on. 

ReidOne
7 minutes ago, iMonster said:

So it's really her showing her homage in her own way. She's still a great artist in her own right 

My point, exactly. Thank you! 

ReidOne
21 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

'Inspired' would be the right word. Copying is blatantly taking others' ideas and crediting yourself for them.

Nevertheless, yes, she's the only contemporary artist who looks, sounds and seems like a legend that the aforementioned examples are. At least in-the-making. She's so ambitious I'm sorry Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande can never. The other one is Rihanna but she seems like she doesn't care about her live performances so...

:hug:

imwoahvicky
26 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

RxSjWFS.gif

Spoiler

im sorry i just wanted to use this :poot: 

âšś Roll Deep âšś

London GUY
10 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

RxSjWFS.gif

Hide contents

im sorry i just wanted to use this :poot: 

That Gif Oh My ****ing God

REPLAY

Archived