opinion

Little Mix or Fifth Harmony?

MaryJaneHolland

?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Featured Posts

migamiga

I didn't even get into little mix until a couple months ago. I was obsessed with Black Magic last year but never gave them a chance til lately. I think they are vocally more talented, plus they write and their personalities are so cute! They're actually all best friends. 5h is just a drama-filled, overly produced girl group that lacks any type of enthusiasm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Little Mix, hands down. They are all vocally talented, they make better music, they're about more than just being sexy, they make some meaningful songs and they seem like genuine friends. 5H, on the other hands, have a lack of true vocal talent (from what I can find, Lauren seems to be the only one with a really good voice), they can't seem to harmonise, they're entire USP seems to be sexiness and not much else, their attempts at vulnerable ballads come across ingenuous and they don't even seem to even get along all that well and just come across like a manufactured group who are just doing this until they get a chance to go solo...which is what they are. I don't even know if they'll be together all that much longer. But I hope Little Mix keep going as they've just started getting really good now and I can't wait to hear what their new album's going to sound like.

6 hours ago, frankguo8 said:

I've never heard of Little Mix, but if people are saying they are better then I'm interested in listening

but I LOVE 7/27, I mean I didn't even know Fifth Harmony before that song. At first I was just like another company-made generic group but after I heard the full album......

Have you only heard their new album? Because I think it's pretty bad and their debut was better. I'd suggest Top Down, Boss, Sledgehammer, Worth It, Reflection and We Know. After that, I thought they were off to a good start, so was so disappointed when 7/27 was the best they could do.

So, you've never heard of Little Mix? Well, just like 5H, they were a band put together by a panel of judges on UK X Factor in 2011 and they went on to win the show. They've gone on to release 3 albums and their fourth is due out later this year. They've struggled to get worldwide fame, but in their native UK, they've got bigger and bigger with every album, with their most recent album peaking at #2 with sales of over 600k, a big deal in today's UK sales market. In the UK, they have 3 #1's, 5 top 10's and 5 top 20's. Every single they've released has gone top 20 at least. As far as UK X Factor winners go, they're the second most successful after Leona Lewis, but if they stay together, they'll likely beat her success one day. Their vocal talent has been praised and as far as mainstream girl groups go, they're the closest thing we have to a proper vocal harmony group since Destiny's Child. Manufactured groups are rarely this good but they've broken the mould. Here are my favourite tunes from each of their albums:

DNA: Wings, DNA, Turn Your Face, How Ya Doin'?, Red Planet, Going Nowhere, Madhouse, Make You Believe

Salute: Salute, Little Me, Towers, Competition, These Four Walls, Good Enough, They Just Don't Know You, Stand Down

Get Weird: Black Magic, Love Me Like You, Weird People, Grown, I Love You, OMG, Lightning, The End

If you like 5H, chances are, you'll love Little Mix.

5 hours ago, River said:

wait 1-2 years.. :toofunny:

The uk used to bring some good girl bands like Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Mis-Teeq..

Little Mix is not one of them and will never be..

The only truly good Girls Aloud albums were Chemistry and Tangled Up and they never really wrote anything whereas Little Mix are trying to do that now. Sugababes didn't really have all that great music, especially when they got their last line-up before they split. Three was their only good one and everything else was pretty generic. Mis-Teeq only had 3 albums before they split. I don't know, I've always considered us to struggle with girl bands, with Spice Girls being our one big claim to fame. It's rare to see a girlband still stick around after 3 albums, so I think Little Mix are doing pretty good.

Little Mix may be talented or whatever, but I have never heard a song by them that I liked. Talent is pointless if the music sucks.

lifeasgeorge

I like and have listened to both, but I have to go with Fifth Harmony! I was a casual fan and then Work From Home slayed my existence (I've seen the video at least a hundred times) and 7/27 has great bops! 

For those who doubt their talent watch this:

live and let live

River
18 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Little Mix, hands down. They are all vocally talented, they make better music, they're about more than just being sexy, they make some meaningful songs and they seem like genuine friends. 5H, on the other hands, have a lack of true vocal talent (from what I can find, Lauren seems to be the only one with a really good voice), they can't seem to harmonise, they're entire USP seems to be sexiness and not much else, their attempts at vulnerable ballads come across ingenuous and they don't even seem to even get along all that well and just come across like a manufactured group who are just doing this until they get a chance to go solo...which is what they are. I don't even know if they'll be together all that much longer. But I hope Little Mix keep going as they've just started getting really good now and I can't wait to hear what their new album's going to sound like.

Have you only heard their new album? Because I think it's pretty bad and their debut was better. I'd suggest Top Down, Boss, Sledgehammer, Worth It, Reflection and We Know. After that, I thought they were off to a good start, so was so disappointed when 7/27 was the best they could do.

So, you've never heard of Little Mix? Well, just like 5H, they were a band put together by a panel of judges on UK X Factor in 2011 and they went on to win the show. They've gone on to release 3 albums and their fourth is due out later this year. They've struggled to get worldwide fame, but in their native UK, they've got bigger and bigger with every album, with their most recent album peaking at #2 with sales of over 600k, a big deal in today's UK sales market. In the UK, they have 3 #1's, 5 top 10's and 5 top 20's. Every single they've released has gone top 20 at least. As far as UK X Factor winners go, they're the second most successful after Leona Lewis, but if they stay together, they'll likely beat her success one day. Their vocal talent has been praised and as far as mainstream girl groups go, they're the closest thing we have to a proper vocal harmony group since Destiny's Child. Manufactured groups are rarely this good but they've broken the mould. Here are my favourite tunes from each of their albums:

DNA: Wings, DNA, Turn Your Face, How Ya Doin'?, Red Planet, Going Nowhere, Madhouse, Make You Believe

Salute: Salute, Little Me, Towers, Competition, These Four Walls, Good Enough, They Just Don't Know You, Stand Down

Get Weird: Black Magic, Love Me Like You, Weird People, Grown, I Love You, OMG, Lightning, The End

If you like 5H, chances are, you'll love Little Mix.

The only truly good Girls Aloud albums were Chemistry and Tangled Up and they never really wrote anything whereas Little Mix are trying to do that now. Sugababes didn't really have all that great music, especially when they got their last line-up before they split. Three was their only good one and everything else was pretty generic. Mis-Teeq only had 3 albums before they split. I don't know, I've always considered us to struggle with girl bands, with Spice Girls being our one big claim to fame. It's rare to see a girlband still stick around after 3 albums, so I think Little Mix are doing pretty good.

I loved all the albums of Girls Aloud, I was so sad when they split after the come back tour :laughga:

With Sugababes the only one that I didn't like was the last album because I couldn't stand Jade.. so I'm only listening to the few tracks that leaked that features Keisha..

Mis-Teeq had to split because Telstar went bankrupt and they couldn't find a new contract, they already had the materials for a new album but then they decided to go solo.. only Alesha had some kind of success (Ting-A-Ling should be a single!!!).. and tbh they had 2 albums, 1 american album which was a mix of the 2 and the GH.. I'm still listening to them.. they are like my cool teenager nostalgia band..

Little Mix are lacking of the UK pop sound, they are trying hard to be the american girl band and I don't like it at all.. there was something special about the old girl bands that you couldn't find in american girl bands.. they had attitude and personality and were not just a beautiful dolls with minimal clothes..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

7 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

it's  produced by a rapist

Nobody knows the truth, only kesha and luke know what really happened

He can be creepy, look certain way but that doesnt make him a rapist, but that doesnt mean again that kesha is lying either.

the case is dropped, kesha actually dropped it because of the lack of evidence. 

So please, if one day you go to the club with your friends and DJ plays this song, its not like you are going to scream "OMG this song is produced by a rapist...Im going home right know!1!!1!"  So please STOP. That is something you and I dont know, but we know he is talented and is capable of making big number 1 hits that GP love.

5h is a mess because their only gimmick is sex appeal and they use it every second. Most of them can't sing decenlty live either, they are always fighting to be the Beyonce of the group.

And Little Mix? Idk them. Only heard Black Magic

Don't visit my profile

StrawberryBlond
50 minutes ago, River said:

I loved all the albums of Girls Aloud, I was so sad when they split after the come back tour :laughga:

With Sugababes the only one that I didn't like was the last album because I couldn't stand Jade.. so I'm only listening to the few tracks that leaked that features Keisha..

Mis-Teeq had to split because Telstar went bankrupt and they couldn't find a new contract, they already had the materials for a new album but then they decided to go solo.. only Alesha had some kind of success (Ting-A-Ling should be a single!!!).. and tbh they had 2 albums, 1 american album which was a mix of the 2 and the GH.. I'm still listening to them.. they are like my cool teenager nostalgia band..

Little Mix are lacking of the UK pop sound, they are trying hard to be the american girl band and I don't like it at all.. there was something special about the old girl bands that you couldn't find in american girl bands.. they had attitude and personality and were not just a beautiful dolls with minimal clothes..

Girls Aloud had impact, though, I'll give them that. Out of all the UK girl groups, they're right up there in terms of the public remembering them. I think a lot of Sugababes material has been forgotten now apart from Push The Button (still hear that song many times) and after Mutya left, their stuff became even more forgettable. Honestly, I can barely name any Mis-Teeq songs, they really weren't a big hit in the long run and only their generation seem to know them.

Yes, Little Mix are trying to replicate more of a US way of going about things (I mean, part of the reason I don't like Hair is because they over-Americanise themselves) but that's just how things are done now. Back in the 90's and 00's, UK groups were just that. For the most part, they stayed localised. Girls Aloud were not even attempted to be launched in a global market. I think the labels just thought that with a British sound, it would be pointless trying to push them abroad and thought the Spice Girls were a once-off that could never be repeated. But things are different now. With the state of record sales, it's now more important than ever to get the biggest fanbase possible and get money wherever you can, which means that appealing to the entire world is a must. And to do that, you can't make your sound too localised or it simply won't appeal. If it had always been like this, all the groups you mentioned would have to have done the same thing. The industry has had to adapt to a changing world and it'll probably change again in the future.

Archived