Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

Phong Le
1 minute ago, Tom Daley said:

I am glad the Apple exclusivity is off. Can you imagine how angry fans would be after waiting this long for the new single just to find out they can't listen to it because they don't subscribe to Apple Music?

So much for those "fans". 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga Monster
1 minute ago, Phong Le said:

Doesn't mean it will happen. So far we don't know about lg5 except PI and if it is exclusive then Gaga is keep it tight like frank ocean has. 

You screen record it on your computer or you email the file to someone. If it was an exclusive and was released at 11, it would leak at 12 and be illegally downloaded by everyone damaging her sales. 

GGD Presidential Elections

Harry
3 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I am happy because exclusives lower sales since they leak and are just stupid. Can't believe she wanted to do an exclusive in the first place, go traditional this era since you messed up your last one.

Um if anything it prevents leaks... Did Views leak? No. Did Lemonade leak? No. Did Anti leak? No. Did Blonde leak? No. Did Pablo leak? No. Did Beyonce leak? No.

Sure it means that people can torrent releases once they come out on their respective exclusive service, but you can do that with a traditionally released album regardless... Plus it's not even proven that leaks harm sales. It happens to every album released traditionally. It's certainly happened to all of Gaga's albums, and ARTPOP was very much a traditional release.

If he has f@cked up the LG5 era in any way...

tumblr_nx1dngI7Hm1trqhcko1_500.gif

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Gaga Monster
Just now, Harry said:

Um if anything it prevents leaks... Did Views leak? No. Did Lemonade leak? No. Did Anti leak? No. Did Blonde leak? No. Did Pablo leak? No. Did Beyonce leak? No.

Sure it means that people can torrent releases once they come out on their respective exclusive service, but you can do that with a traditionally released album regardless... Plus it's not even proven that leaks harm sales. It happens to every album released traditionally. It's certainly happened to all of Gaga's albums, and ARTPOP was very much a traditional release.

It would be up for illegal download in less than an hour if she did an exclusive it would be illegally dowloaded by so many people and damage her sales

venusfly
Just now, Harry said:

Did Anti leak? No.

It did but it was accidentally done by Tidal:emma: so your point still stands i guess

PropaGaga

The "exclusive" was more than just about the music, and ironically would have been pretty amazing for fans when it came to developing/delivering content and experiences. Y'know, that thing Gaga wanted to do with ARTPOP and couldn't? People seem to be forgetting that Apple really supports the artists that choose to sign an exclusive deal with them. This would have meant regular promo on the store's front page and Beats 1, possible exclusive concerts -- similar to what The 1975 did earlier this year, and so much more.

Here's hoping they can find a way to make it work without the need for an exclusive streaming window for the single/album.

34 minutes ago, gagzus said:

the ban was only implemented in the last few days after Blonde lost them a ton of money, because the amount of streams it got were probably gigantic and although Apple give the highest cut of all streaming services to labels/artists, they could have made considerably more by allowing it to be on Tidal, Amazon Prime etc

Not the point, the point is they are not getting any money at all cuz he released another exclusive project the day before or something, thus fulfilling his contract, and then dropping the actual album people have been waiting for  24 hours later so he'd get more money then when he'd be under contract with the label and they'd get a share :rip:

Slayer
1 minute ago, Gaga Monster said:

I wouldn't say as commercial as they come. Aura, Swine, MJH weren't very commercial. When she wrote that lyric she was going through a tough time and didn't want to be a money object anymore

She has always been about the money. She's a true artist as well, but she is so commercially driven.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Gaga Monster
Just now, Slayer said:

She has always been about the money. She's a true artist as well, but she is so commercially driven.

of course, success drives everyone. But when she wrote that, I don't think she was.

Harry
3 minutes ago, Tom Daley said:

I am glad the Apple exclusivity is off. Can you imagine how angry fans would be after waiting this long for the new single just to find out they can't listen to it because they don't subscribe to Apple Music?

If it was exclusive to Apple Music then it would also be available to purchase on iTunes. Five years ago - apart from radio - that's the way you'd have to legally obtain the song. They'd have no right to be angry imo because the song would be very much "accessible".

People bitching about the apple Music deal don't even know what the deal was... it might have been a deal for Beats Radio 1 on iTunes, it might have been a discount for the album, etc, etc... 

Y'all can say she should just release it, but if Apple is not willing to release it earlier and the other platforms are now saying no cuz she negotiated an exclusive with Apple then her team has a problem to solve before this era kicks off tbh... Also, I can understand they are cautious, cuz Gaga's contract with them is up the moment she releases the album and it probably includes one last tour

Archived