Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

ReidOne

Boris is probably mad as hell right now and ready to just leak the damn song herself at 12:01am Sept 1st. 

ladygaga-on-computer-5521297547-0.jpg

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

Also, to the comments about "breaking an existing contract with Apple"... most deals like this, I would presume, have an "out clause" which allows either party to nullify the contract if they desire. I would imagine that two giants like UMG and Apple would have likely built this in. 

13 minutes ago, Vague said:

Theyre not saying theyre cutting ties with apple music. UMG is just not allowing apple exclusive albums. Meaning an artist can not release their album exclusively on that medium before its released everywhere else. It would be like if Rihanna had not been allowed to make ANTi exclusive to Tidal upon release and being forced to release it everywhere all at once. Which only would have benefited her.

This is such a good thing you guys, I dont really understand why any of you would be frustrated? lol

Yeah, hi umm someone already cleared this up lol thanks I understand it now.. :laughga:

12 minutes ago, CookieHWilson said:

Since you are very much informed, how can it be that a$$ ocean made the deal and now UGM is pissed and makes problematic outcome on Gaga's since she had a deal before this **** happened. Can their decision impact also things that were set in stones legally prior to the a$$ ocean thing? I don't get how this can be in a way retroactive. 

He was bound to releasing a certain amount of output for ugm which he fulfilled once he released the visual album. With his contract over, he released his actual album independently as an apple exclusive. meaning he'll reap the profit and not the label. this pissed umg off because whatever money they could have made off his actual album now goes to frank. I think hes a pioneer. he was able to release his own record and fund himself. umg is pissed that theyre not going to make bank off of him and so theyre throwing a tantrum and making sure none of their artists can release exclusively with apple. so even though the gaga thing was planned beforehand, now theyre acting like brats and trying to take control of something they lost.

Judas Oyster
1 hour ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Honestly, when thinking this through. Spotify being involved with the era works. And maybe the exclusive isn't happening anymore, which explains the Teen Vogue article, and iHeats removal of the Mid-September date. Could they have pushed the date of the song up?

Btw, guess who's Spotify’s global head of creator services? Troy Carter 😱  I hope that, after Gaga, telling streaming services including Spotify, that LG5 was going to be exclusive (if the rumors are true) to Apple, that they still want her... Knowing Troy's position in this makes me even more nervous. I hope they are in good terms now after all the things during ARTPOP :S

ReidOne

Why is it always the gays ruining things for Gaga?! 

- Linda Perry said Gaga did not write TIHTY and did not deserve an Oscar. 

- Sam Smith stole her Oscar. 

- Frank Ocean destroyed the LG5 release distribution strategy. 

After she has done so much for the gays!! Whyyyyy

ReidOne
2 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

Btw, guess who's Spotify’s global head of creator services? Troy Carter 😱  I hope that, after Gaga, telling streaming services including Spotify, that LG5 was going to be exclusive (if the rumors are true) to Apple, that they still want her... Knowing Troy's position in this makes me even more nervous. I hope they are in good terms now after all the things during ARTPOP :S

Oh now THAT is some good tea!! Wow. 

tumblr_njmw2hpWr21qk08n1o1_500.gif

Yo GagaGaga
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

Why is it always the gays ruining things for Gaga?! 

- Linda Perry said Gaga did not write TIHTY and did not deserve an Oscar. 

- Sam Smith stole her Oscar. 

- Frank Ocean destroyed the LG5 release distribution strategy. 

After she has done so much for the gays!! Whyyyyy

I came here late, so Idk what's happening but isn't it a good thing that it isn't an apple exclusive? aren't those usually messy

ReidOne
Just now, Yo GagaGaga said:

I came here late, so Idk what's happening but isn't it a good thing that it isn't an apple exclusive? aren't those usually messy

I'm arriving late as well, but have deduced the following: 

- It's NOT a good thing because that means they are spending their time right now re-strategizing the release and likely delaying it.

- While an Apple exclusive would have forced us all to register for Apple Music, it would have come with mountains of free promo from the most powerful corporation in the world. Apple would have helped ensure it's success (because Gaga's success would be Apple's success), but now it's "just another release" across every distribution platform. 

But I hear you. I am not a fan of exclusive releases. But it worked for Tidal + Lemonade. Never had interest in subscribing to Tidal prior, yet months later and I've still kept my subscription. :poot:

Zsolti

pull thru, gaga sis, pull thru

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I'm arriving late as well, but have deduced the following: 

- It's NOT a good thing because that means they are spending their time right now re-strategizing the release and likely delaying it.

- While an Apple exclusive would have forced us all to register for Apple Music, it would have come with mountains of free promo from the most powerful corporation in the world. Apple would have helped ensure it's success (because Gaga's success would be Apple's success), but now it's "just another release" across every distribution platform. 

But I hear you. I am not a fan of exclusive releases. But it worked for Tidal + Lemonade. Never had interest in subscribing to Tidal prior, yet months later and I've still kept my subscription. :poot:

Idk if I agree with this. Plenty of things are apple exclusives and it doesn't help them much. I dont see why that would be any different for gaga.

ReidOne
Just now, Vague said:

Idk if I agree with this. Plenty of things are apple exclusives and it doesn't help them much. I dont see why that would be any different for gaga.

Fair point. 

Archived