Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

Wisdomless1

I'm very happy about this...I would prefer just a more general release, one that lands her album on Spotify please :classy:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BuzzcutSeason

The apple music deal is huge. Its beyond just the song, its like a full on thing. Especially since its Gaga and she would be a top notch exclusive. I have a feeling the contract was already put in place, meaning that this guys power move against frank ocean (which makes no sense) couldn't be in effect. Also, i'm sure John Jannick probably had a good argument to defend this, especially with release being so soon. 

I wouldn't worry, because even if this stretch for power effects Gaga, Bobby probably is figuring it out right now. They can turn things around.

Apple Music is the only way I listen to music :wtf: This **** better be on there too

BuzzcutSeason
Just now, Titzlol said:

Apple Music is the only way I listen to music :wtf: This **** better be on there too

It will be, exclusive would mean it was only on one program. In this case it would always be on Apple Music. Thats the whole point.

Petrichor

I think the plans for the album's release are going to be more affected than the plans for the single. Maybe the single will be pushed back a week but if the album is no longer an Apple exsclusive they literally have to replan the whole era. Book more promo, flesh out the advertising campaign, and find potential new corporate sponsors and/or tie-ins. Mark my words, if they really did abandon the Apple contract the single will still be released this September but the album is probably being pushed back to a late November/early December release.

Just now, BuzzcutSeason said:

It will be, exclusive would mean it was only on one program. In this case it would always be on Apple Music. Thats the whole point.

oh okay :laughga:

BuzzcutSeason
Just now, Titzlol said:

oh okay :laughga:

I'm an apple music user also. If Gaga pulled a string and had a spotify only song release (the first of its kind) i would SCREAM. :toofunny:

OT: So in the end, its seeming like the Keynote performance was most likely to happen.

Just now, BuzzcutSeason said:

I'm an apple music user also. If Gaga pulled a string and had a spotify only song release (the first of its kind) i would SCREAM. :toofunny:

OT: So in the end, its seeming like the Keynote performance was most likely to happen.

Thats kind of what I assumed this meant :deadbanana: thanks for clearing it up :hug:

I would have jumped out of my window

BuzzcutSeason
1 minute ago, Titzlol said:

Thats kind of what I assumed this meant :deadbanana: thanks for clearing it up :hug:

I would have jumped out of my window

It wouldve been a reverse warholian experience :koons:

CookieHWilson

Sorry but I don't get it, if UGM axed this possibility to all of its artists can this "law" also be retroactive? I mean if Gaga had this deal with Apple and Interscope was informed all along about it, shouldnt be the "contract" with apple be honored?!

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

2 hours ago, Ronlop said:

Will anything ever go as planned with Gaga?

This is one of those instances in which thats okay though? Her not having an apple exclusive single/album isn't going to effect what she has planned in terms of content. It just means now her music is going to be that much more available which actually benefits her rather than not.

Its not like this is a scrapped single choice or video or something a la ARTPOP-era.

21 minutes ago, Titzlol said:

Theyre not saying theyre cutting ties with apple music. UMG is just not allowing apple exclusive albums. Meaning an artist can not release their album exclusively on that medium before its released everywhere else. It would be like if Rihanna had not been allowed to make ANTi exclusive to Tidal upon release and being forced to release it everywhere all at once. Which only would have benefited her.

This is such a good thing you guys, I dont really understand why any of you would be frustrated? lol

CookieHWilson
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

It is very conclusive, they basically confirmed she had a deal with Apple (which makes sense since we heard something related to the deal in 2015 if i remember) and now she cannot have said deal, which means they lose money and have to start arranging with all selling/streaming services to allow her single and/or album to be on them since when they made the deal they would have had to inform the companies the release would NOT be on their service.

It's bad for Gaga kind of, because she will now have to wait until they tell her WHEN she can release the single/album (I'd prefer it if it were the album since we never got anything solid on it's release date)

Since you are very much informed, how can it be that a$$ ocean made the deal and now UGM is pissed and makes problematic outcome on Gaga's since she had a deal before this **** happened. Can their decision impact also things that were set in stones legally prior to the a$$ ocean thing? I don't get how this can be in a way retroactive. 

CookieHWilson
2 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Realize, if an executed deal was already in place- it’s legally established. Grainge’s desires will have to fall in place after all current agreements have been fulfilled.

That's my point. I don't get how the opposite would be possible.

Archived