Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

Blueskye
2 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

If the music is good enough it will sell itself.

Not if we can't actually buy it :reductive:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BuzzcutSeason
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes. Endless (the visual album) was negotiated as Frank's final release on Def Jam, which is owned by Universal. What they didn't know is that he set up his own independent label on the side and secretly prepared the release of Blonde. Somehow Apple were in on both projects without anyone at Universal hearing about it.

So the minute Endless came out, Frank was free of his contract with them and essentially unsigned. But he released Blonde the next day on his own with the help of Apple. Universal are now pissed that he did that because he basically held the "proper" album from them and put it out on his own.

I know that, and that's my point. It happens all the time with albums that get released traditionally because the CDs can (and normally do) end up in the hands of someone who uploads it early. 

Apple Music is so shady. If gaga already has a contract for the release tho, can they just break it like that?

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, Phong Le said:

If it was we would be talking about a leak.  

Leak is not the only thing that can destroy an era :awkney:

BuzzcutSeason

Honestly, when thinking this through. Spotify being involved with the era works. And maybe the exclusive isn't happening anymore, which explains the Teen Vogue article, and iHeats removal of the Mid-September date. Could they have pushed the date of the song up?

asana15

If the contract already signed, I just hope UMG's decision is not retroactive.

If the contract is not yet finalized, all bets are off.

asana15
21 minutes ago, gagzus said:

oh wow at me getting dat hit threadT

I rather Gaga is getting her hit record.

Harry
1 minute ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Apple Music is so shady. If gaga already has a contract for the release tho, can they just break it like that?

I honestly have no idea how that works. I don't know all that much about the legal side of things, especially with this sort of situation which I assume isn't that common?

TBH I don't really know why he would ban all exclusives/deals, even the ones that were known about and presumably agreed upon, like Gaga's... I guess he did it incase people follow in the footsteps of Frank and do it to set up relationships with companies like Apple that they can then use to their own advantage outside of UMG. I really don't know about that. But it still doesn't make sense that he'd mess up the rollout for one of his biggest artists like this.

So with that in mind combined with the people in here saying that legally it can't just be broken, I suppose it's plausible that her deal could still go ahead? Or at least be re-negotiated in someway so that it's not totally screwed. Idk.

BuzzcutSeason

For those thinking music pirating is more likely with an apple music exclusive, it doesn't really matter. People who pirate will pirate either way. With less leaks, there is less pirating to an extent. That's honestly something so dumb to worry about at this point. That problem always lives on.

Am i missing something? This doesn't mean the release is cancelled, its just not iTunes and Apple Music only for a week or amount of time...right?

boneknuckleskin

Y'all are so negative. What if this has the opposite effect and the release comes sooner rather than later? :nails:

Harry
2 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

is this really THAT bad? Maybe i'm missing something.

There's no way of knowing. It could be that this is actually just nothing and Gaga's deal was already solidified. The article says it's "safe to assume", which means they don't actually know what the fate of it will be.

BuzzcutSeason
Just now, bks68 said:

Y'all are so negative. What if this has the opposite effect and the release comes sooner rather than later? :nails:

That seems more likely. Do people think its delayed? THAT MAKES WAY MORE SENSE.

They removed mid september from the article and we got the 3rd from a different place. The only thing that couldve possibly changed is it being exclusive. If she did an apple music interview, it can still get released, so can commercials and stuff. The only thing changing is the exclusive streaming.

Archived